PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peria Jerry out next week, and the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also looks like Norwood may be out after getting another concussion. He had problems with that during training camp. Should help on KO returns.
Honestly, Weems has looked like the better returner anyway.

Never like to lose guys, but so far I have been happy with Weems being the primary returner. Weems is an unknown, but then I think we have Dimitroff to thank for that.

I kinda wanted to come post a new thread just getting some Pats fans thoughts on the upcoming game...but couldnt start a thread because of some crazy rules here. So, i'm hijacking a Falcons related thread to talk about the upcoming game. Sorry.

Losing Peria Jerry hurts, but I am hoping we will be ok because we have a couple of guys we have been pretty high on, Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker, and it will be interesting to see if they can look like they belong. Johnson has been rotating in and has looked pretty decent. Walker was on the practice squad and is a rookie but looked great in the preseason for what thats worth. Babineaux is our best DT...and thankfully he is still healthy.

Are you guys viewing this as a big game or more of a passive game? I know most Falcons fans circled this one on their calendar early on...and we have a few folks going up for the game. We are all pretty excited about it. Hope its a good game.

Been listening to some Boston sports talk today, and it seems like you guys are still a little hungover and pissed off about the Jets game...at least more so than focused on the upcoming game. Wasnt sure if thats because of how much you hate the Jets, or because you are a bit concerned and down on the Pats, or because you kinda view these as the same ol loser Falcons...not really worth discussing this early in the week?

We are all pretty concerned about Brady to Moss because our biggest weakness seems to be the deep pass, but the Dolphins almost never tested us deep and the Panthers wanted to run first (but Smith still torched us, like always). We are really hoping Welker is still hurt (sorry, it is what it is). Do you think he will play?

Do you think Ryan will get an ovation since he is coming back to where he played his college ball? Do people kinda pull for him up there when hes not playing the Pats?

I would think this would be an interesting game to watch from a Pats fan. Dimitroff seems to be making moves you may find familiar. Obviously, Turner, Ryan, Gonzalez, etc speak for themselves as far as quality acquisitions by TD, but its the less heralded moves that I think make the difference between 7-9 and 11-5. One example is a guy you may see playing opposite Abraham at DE on passing situations, a 5th round pick from last year named Kroy Biermann. He put on about 30lbs in the offseason and has a motor that reminds me a little of Patrick Kerney. He looks a lot better than our former 1st round pick Jamaal Anderson (a McKay pick). Dimitroff has also been able to acquire guys no one else really wanted, example is Williams (CB/DB) who was cut right before the season by the Jags and has stepped in to band aid the weakness at DB almost immediately. Mike Peterson has been our MVP on defense thus far, and seemingly the line to acquire him as a free agent was pretty damn short. He has been invaluable through the first two. He is everything Brooking was heralded to be, but never really was. He has been busting heads and making plays.

My point is, as a Falcons fan, after 40 years of poor front office moves, its nice to have a GM who seems able to draft, acquire, and pick up off the scrap heap guys who can come in and make an impact relatively quickly...and I assume he learned that while working for your organization.

I BELIEVE the last time we traveled to New England was the year we went to the Super Bowl. That was one of the first Falcons blowouts in years, and a crazy ugly dance we loved for a year or two in Atlanta was born from OJ Santiago. I would say I hope this weekend turns out the same way, but I honestly dont see a blowout in the Falcons favor being an option.

Two weeks ago I saw no way the Falcons could win this game...but I am riding the NFL roller coaster and now see the Falcons being able to pull this one out. We simply need to do what we have done the last two weeks on offense...which is run Turner up the gut (which I understand has been a bit of a weakness for you guys) and when you stack 8 or 9 in the box, find Gonzalez, Roddy White, or Michael Jenkins. I see the Falcons being able to score enough points and control the ball enough to win.

The big question, of course, is can we keep Brady from doing whatever he wants, when he wants. What good is scoring 30 points if the Pats are able to score 38 with ease. If our defense can keep up the kind of play they have in the first two games---bending but not breaking---getting timely turnovers---then the Falcons can win...but then Pennington and Delhomme arent Tom Brady.

What are some of the other things you view as weaknesses on defense for the Pats right now?

Looks like there might be rain in the forecast? Does that typically help or hurt how you guys (and Brady/Moss) play? Would you see that making it easier or more difficult for the Pats to get a W this weekend?

Hope its a good game! Its huge for our organization for sure as a measuring stick and homecoming of sorts for two of the people we consider to be most vital to our turn around.

GO FALCONS!

Last edited:
Do you really think it's going to change what the Pats are going to do on offense? Kris Jenkins had a bad back and they throw the football 47 times on Sunday. I wonder what their going to do against the Falcons? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back