PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per SI: Spygate deal not close

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for all you know, Tomase is sitting in a beanbag chair right now, naked, eating Cheetos. What's your point?
My point is that he HAD to put in that article that he tried to reach the other side of the story even if he knew him to be on vacation. Otherwise people would be asking him why he didn't. I would.

pao

My point is that he HAD to put in that article that he tried to reach the other side of the story even if he knew him to be on vacation. Otherwise people would be asking him why he didn't. I would.

pao

See...a responsible journalist would say "Mr. So and so is on vacation at this time. Calls to his office weren't returned," if he knew him to be on vacation.

Simply saying "calls weren't returned" could even mean he called at 11PM and published at 11:01 (which happens more than you'd believe).

So once again, your point is pointless.

Still, you've got nice weather and wildflowers in bloom.

Let's hear a big 'HELL YAH"!! if you think this Walsh bs has gone on way way too long. Someone give me a sanity check here..I don't understand what the problem is. Does anyone really believe he has new information to offer?? This guy has serious life issues..must have been one of those kids they wouldn't let play in any of the reindeer games.

The problem is the same one it's always been - it's a media driven story and they can and will drive it into the ground and maybe even beyond unless doing so impacts media careers adversely. And that seldom happens these days when what you said last week or last month haunts you - the spin cycle is such today that nobody cares or remembers. Used to be there were career make or break stories - get it wrong and find yourself on the unemployment line. Not the case any more as mediots straddle fence lines across the board and just point to the opinion they expessed that was closest to the truth once a story plays out. Even the wannabe mediot rumer monger has caught on - that's why he revises his take on issues periodically - so he can convince himself down the road that he was one of the sharp tools who had it pegged all along.

That's also why is so mindmumbing when you see these same people agonize about Walsh - how could he have nothing, it couldn't have gone on this long, he HAS TO have something... The answer has been right in front of them all along, they just don't want to see it because it portends the end of a "storyline" that has paid big dividends for mediots since the Superbowl. As someone earlier said, look at his photos from the wedding, his apartment decorated with SB posters like a 12 year olds room...he's a memorabelia collecter who built a public image of himself as a team insider until Scott Pioli screwed him. When spygate broke his first thought was I could have done what Mangini did to them - I had tapes I collected - and I could tell them stories too... He's also an embellisher, as are many in the media which is why they gloss over his inconsistencies...He's vindictive, as are many in the sports media, and his need to be someone is no so different from the one that drives many in their field to say or write things they knew were not true or were at best stretching the truth as the knew it. Look at the reporter who broke the story on Randy - tell me she didn't also engineer that story into something she clearly knew it wasn't in order to push an agenda, that being her career. Mediots in Boston have a history of engineering confrontations with players and even management in order to inject themselves into the fabric of stories about the teams they cover. It's how you get noticed, and getting noticed is how you get ahead.

Walsh's sole value to the media or the league or Arlen Specter should be tied to whether or not he HAS A TAPE of the Rams walkthrough. Nothing else he has be it on tape or in testimony or recollections to the media, will matter from a penalty standpoint. And yet many are positioning themselves already to be able to keep this story on a back burner indefinitely because even if nothing of real value comes out, they will rationalize it couldn't because Walsh never felt comfortable just telling everything he believes he knows...At this rate aspiring sports mediots in search of an agenda or axe to grind should just take out ads nationwide asking anyone who thinks they have information about any NFL operation to call it in to a toll free anonymous tip line...

I'm sure that is part of what Levy has by now figured out. So he will drag this out as long as possible for the free publicity he gets (how many people knew his vacation schedule this time last year...) and the continuing attention his client craves, and he will eventually craft an ambiguous agreement that leaves enough doubt about whether his client truly told or showed all he "knows" so that Matt will continue to get calls and the most intrepid of the agenda driven mediots (or whackjob fanboy congressmen) who drove this story will continue to make mention of it and him probably for years to come.

The idea that anyone needs to indemnify this clown who never did have a confidentiality agreement or a pension to protect is at this juncture laughable. If Goodell weren't the village idiot he'd have pointed that out by now, pulled any equally ill advised indemnification proposals off the table and set a 48 hour deadline to produce concrete evidence or close any and all future investigations of the Patriots taping policies (he so stupidly left open ended to appease his critics) so he can get on to the more important business of screwing up collective bargaining and labor relations so the next generation of football fans can experience an uncapped league and strike or lockout in their lifetime.

How...just curious....

I read it in an article about the deal with Walsh. They basically said it's not going to get done quick because Levy is taking a break.

Actually I don't see a problem with it. With that simple statement he lets people know that he has been thorough, not just taking one side's view of things. For all you know he DOES know he's on vacation and STILL made the call so he could say he did. I think that if you know the guy is on vacation HE knows it too.

pao

Um, no, if there's any thing that is absolutely 100% certain, the bloggers typically know more than the writers.

We've seen these guys miss on basic facts so often. Mike & Mike crucified Goodell for saying the Patriots were punished for stealing signals all the way back to 2000. M&M went off on that and said Goodell was making things up. Too bad people here were able to call up articles published in September corroborating Goodell's version. Basically, you had posters here who were much more knowledgeable about teh situation than some of the pundits.

This has happened repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft