PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per SI: Spygate deal not close

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it looks like Walsh wants the NFL to pay for his lawyer...Levy...I find it odd that one from Hawaii would find a high priced lawyer from the East Coast... WHO connected the two?? I am thinking AS or some Patriot hater with bucks..no way that some asst golf pro can at all pay for this lawyer who is racking up hours after hours on this thing. Pro bono?? That would hardly apply here... I wonder how the Pats can force a resolution to this? I agree its a shell game..Walsh has nothing.. knows he's over his head and will be sued..and wants to be COVERED so that doesn't happen..Pats and NFL would not drop that as Walsh has stolen property from the Pats.. SO it goes round and round...and what suffers most is the league as the speculation grows about what he has...A bit of a mess... The Pats will NOT agree as they know Walsh may have stolen property and may have done things...and why give him a pass...when they did years ago...he didn't stay clean and came back to haunt them.. Walsh is trying to cash in on this and with the Pats agreeing not to sue him, he MIGHT. The Pats will not allow MORE lies to come out so they will threaten to sue and will not agree with the NFL to be a party with the NFL to allow this. Goodell is pressing the point..he should realize this schmuck has nothing and walk away. Walsh is left with a ton of lawyer bills..(would be interesting to seee who pays them..) and is open to many law suits from the Pats. But Goodell is not smart..

Last edited:
And it looks like Walsh wants teh NFL to pat for his lawyer...Levy...I find it odd that he from Hawaii would find a hifg priced lawyer from teh East Coast... WHO connected the two?? I am thinking AS or some Patriot hater with bucks..no way that some asst golf pro can at all pay for this lawyer who is racking up hours after hours on this thing. Pro bono?? That would hardly apply here... I wonder how the Pats can force a resolution to this? I agree its a shell game..Walsh has nothing.. knows he's over his head and will be sued..and wants to be COVERED so that doesn't happen..Pats and NFL would not srop that as Walsh has stolen property from the Pats.. SO it goes round and round...and what suggers most is the league as the speculation grows about what he has...A bit of a mess... The Pats will NOT agree as they know Walsk may have stolen property and may have done things...and why give him a pass...when they did years ago...he didn't stay clean and came back to haunt them.. Walsh is trying to cash in on this and with the Pats agreeing not to sue him he MIGHT. The Pats will not allow MORE lies to come out so they will threaten to sue and will not agree with the NFL to be a party with the NFL to allow this. Goodell is pressing the point..he should realize this schmuck has nothing and walk away. Walsh is left with a ton of lawyer bills..(would be interesting to seee who pays them..) and is open to many law suits from the Pats. But Goodell is not smart..

Dude, no offense but get a spell checker. That's bad. :D

And it looks like Walsh wants teh NFL to pat for his lawyer...Levy...I find it odd that he from Hawaii would find a hifg priced lawyer from teh East Coast... WHO connected the two?? I am thinking AS or some Patriot hater with bucks..no way that some asst golf pro can at all pay for this lawyer who is racking up hours after hours on this thing. Pro bono?? That would hardly apply here... I wonder how the Pats can force a resolution to this? I agree its a shell game..Walsh has nothing.. knows he's over his head and will be sued..and wants to be COVERED so that doesn't happen..Pats and NFL would not srop that as Walsh has stolen property from the Pats.. SO it goes round and round...and what suggers most is the league as the speculation grows about what he has...A bit of a mess... The Pats will NOT agree as they know Walsk may have stolen property and may have done things...and why give him a pass...when they did years ago...he didn't stay clean and came back to haunt them.. Walsh is trying to cash in on this and with the Pats agreeing not to sue him he MIGHT. The Pats will not allow MORE lies to come out so they will threaten to sue and will not agree with the NFL to be a party with the NFL to allow this. Goodell is pressing the point..he should realize this schmuck has nothing and walk away. Walsh is left with a ton of lawyer bills..(would be interesting to seee who pays them..) and is open to many law suits from the Pats. But Goodell is not smart..

This is a great tool ! Takes two seconds and helps people focus on your points, not your spelling.
http://www.spellcheck.net/

I agree with the person that said that a deadline should be issued. Give them a week. At the end of the week, negotiations will end and larceny charges will be filled. Between the pictures of his "memorabilia" and the suspitions of his stealing the SB36 field goal video, there should be enough for a warrant to search his residence and bring him in for questioning. There is no confidentiality agreement excuse he can hide behind at that point. If the superbowl walk-through video shows up in the search then he would have to admit that he took the footage by himself for himself to avoid larceny charges. No idea if this would work, but seems plausible. Time to put the screws to little Matty.

Huh ??? I'm afraid I have no idea what you posted ?

Several posts in a row criticizing people's spelling led me to say "hooked on phonics worked for me" fone-ett-ick-allee.

Several posts in a row criticizing people's spelling led me to say "hooked on phonics worked for me" fone-ett-ick-allee.

LOL, ok, for the record, I wasn't criticizing him, I had the same issue. You post a perspective with a valid point and people miss your point because they get caught up in your spelling errors. By using the free online spell checker, they have nothing to harp on and distract from your point, which happens in every forum I've been a part of !

An update today from the cherubic one at the Herald. It's surprising that not one other news outlet reported anything about this update. Maybe everyone has finally tired of this nonsense. :

No link

March 14th, 2008
Matt Walsh update
Posted by John Tomase at 4:50 pm

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said today that the league and former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh continue to work towards an agreement that will allow him to tell the league whatever he knows about the team’s videotaping practices.

“The lawyers for all involved (NFL, Patriots, Mr. Walsh) are getting there,” Aiello e-mailed. “We are on track toward an agreement.”

Michael Levy, the lawyer representing Walsh, did not return calls seeking comment.

An update today from the cherubic one at the Herald. It's surprising that not one other news outlet reported anything about this update. Maybe everyone has finally tired of this nonsense. :

No link

not even ESPN? i would imagine they would be right at the top of things

The funny thing is that I know the lawyer Levy is on vacation, but Tomase doesn't. Instead, he's wasting the Herald's time making calls to a guy that's lying on a beach in Tahiti!!

Boston Fox-Herald

NFL close to deal for Walsh
By John Tomase III
Sunday, March 15, 2037

Both the NFL and the attorney for former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh last night said the two sides are approaching an agreement that would allow Walsh to reveal what he knows about the team’s taping practices.

The NFL said in a statement that during the last week the two sides, “have made substantial progress toward an agreement that will allow Mr. Walsh to be interviewed. Both sides are optimistic that any remaining issues can be addressed successfully and they are committed to reaching a full agreement as promptly as possible.”

In other news John Moynahan-Brady made an appearance at the Sunset Club in Lunar Landing, The Moon to celebrate his victory in Super Bowl 71 over the Anchorage Malamutes. After capturing his 4th consecutive championship in a row the Patriots are reportedly seeking to extend his contract this offseason with a rumored 7 year 520 million dollar offer. Patriots coach Bill Belichick could not be reached for comment as he has been in his offseason hyperbaric chamber since Feb 1st after winning his 19th Lombardi-Belichick trophy. Belichick will apparently be woken up just in time for draft day where he will be busy using his 14 first round picks.

I assume Tomase is being cloned. I don't see offsping occuring any other way for him.

The funny thing is that I know the lawyer Levy is on vacation, but Tomase doesn't. Instead, he's wasting the Herald's time making calls to a guy that's lying on a beach in Tahiti!!
How...just curious....

Let's hear a big 'HELL YAH"!! if you think this Walsh bs has gone on way way too long. Someone give me a sanity check here..I don't understand what the problem is. Does anyone really believe he has new information to offer?? This guy has serious life issues..must have been one of those kids they wouldn't let play in any of the reindeer games.

The funny thing is that I know the lawyer Levy is on vacation, but Tomase doesn't.Instead, he's wasting the Herald's time making calls to a guy that's lying on a beach in Tahiti!!
Actually I don't see a problem with it. With that simple statement he lets people know that he has been thorough, not just taking one side's view of things. For all you know he DOES know he's on vacation and STILL made the call so he could say he did. I think that if you know the guy is on vacation HE knows it too.

pao

THE SPORTS GUY sounds off on spygate, very well said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page...s/080314&campaign=rsssrch&source=bill_simmons

That reminds me, I hope you read the Boston Globe's feature last weekend about Matt Walsh's life, character and credentials as the sole "witness" to alleged pre-2007 cheating from the Belichick era. For me, the red flag has always been the fact Walsh moved to Hawaii to become an assistant golf pro. That's one of the all-time "I'm a loser and my life isn't working out" moves, right up with moving to Jamiaca to bartend and quitting your job because you have a great idea for a screenplay. I can't believe people are taking this guy seriously. It's just hard to fathom. If this were politics and this loser was an aide for Obama or Clinton and claimed to have "secret info" about them, he would have been dismissed in about 20 seconds. By the way, it's hard to imagine how Roger Goodell could have handled this situation worse from September to now. It really is.

The scumbag is making sure that he stretches out his 15 minutes long enough so his name is recognizable and he can cash in on a book full of truths, half truths, and flat out lies with no legal repurcussions.

He has nothing new and nothing that will implicate the Patriots any further. Hence, the very strong statements from the organization. However, he is the only guy with a motive and (now) a name to write the "tell all secrets" book and will drag this out further.

Last edited:
Actually I don't see a problem with it. With that simple statement he lets people know that he has been thorough, not just taking one side's view of things. For all you know he DOES know he's on vacation and STILL made the call so he could say he did. I think that if you know the guy is on vacation HE knows it too.

pao

And for all you know, Tomase is sitting in a beanbag chair right now, naked, eating Cheetos. What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back