PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Payback or statement game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me its a combination of both. Payback for the big loss they gave us earlier this year. Statement to remind everyone else that you can never count out the Patriots. Its as simple as that really. Nothing more needs to be said because it is what it is.

To me its a combination of both. Payback for the big loss they gave us earlier this year. Statement to remind everyone else that you can never count out the Patriots. Its as simple as that really. Nothing more needs to be said because it is what it is.

"It is what it is."

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

I just have to interject that those are the most annoying words in the NFL Lexicon after Brett Favre.

Last edited:
A win would be payback enough as it would give the Dolphins a hard time making the playoffs. In terms of style of play, I think the Dophins need to be surpassed in terms of physicality - they are very confident right now and a few good hits might raise some doubts in their minds. The first rule of dealing with the Wildcat must be 'Hit someone!' - preferably the ballcarrier but I'll take a good, fair 'bump' on Pennington at the line of scrimmage.

Giving the fact that we got trunced earlier this season by the fish, it seems to me that payback is coming in a big way. I think we all know that BB usually comes back the second time with a vengence. Granted, the team has some major players out, but the core of quality players is still here. Cassels is playing better each week and man to man, we rate quite a bit ahead of the fish even now. They are still trying to find themselves and get confidence in playing the big games. Statement wise would be a fairly big score by the Pats. Your thoughts?

I guess we know now.:D I hope Crowders head is still ringing too!:eek::singing:

We beat them last year in Miami by almost the same exact score

With Brady - NE 49 Mia 28
With Cassel - NE 48 Mia 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes