PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Payback for Tomlin and Heinz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonBlackmon55

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Mouthed off on Spygate. Heinz will be having tears rolling down by halftime. Now, we will hear all about how steelers are great and can beat Pats since the Pats have had narrow victories vs Eagles and Ravens. How many of the mediots will point out following

- Steelers lost to Cardinals
- Steelers lost to Broncos
- Steelers lost to Jests
- Steelers beat winless Doofins 3-0
- Steelers were getting thumped by Browns

This Steeler team is afraud. We'll be smokin them by half.......Ike Taylor on Moss, and Deshea Townsend on Stallworth....LOL

and what about their vaunted OL - 35 sacks allowed of R'Burger

After the last two weeks, you will have to forgive me if I think this could be a close game.

From the beginning of the season we knew there were 2 big games on the schedule (I actually thought there were 3 - I didn't think SD could suck so bad), the Colts and Steelers. It hasn't changed. The Steelers D will be blitzing like the Eagles and Ravens, and they have a better offense than either of those teams. We'll win, but it'll be another tough game.

From the beginning of the season we knew there were 2 big games on the schedule (I actually thought there were 3 - I didn't think SD could suck so bad), the Colts and Steelers. It hasn't changed. The Steelers D will be blitzing like the Eagles and Ravens, and they have a better offense than either of those teams. We'll win, but it'll be another tough game.

you can blitz when we had at best avg WR's. Now with Moss-Welker-Stallworth, can the steelers afford to give up BIG plays ? Couple of Draws and screens will get tem backpeddling

This won't be close if our D shows up with fire in their belly. Just seems Sey and Warren are "coasting" right now

you can blitz when we had at best avg WR's. Now with Moss-Welker-Stallworth, can the steelers afford to give up BIG plays ? Couple of Draws and screens will get tem backpeddling

That's how it should work, but where was that in the Ravens game?

This won't be close if our D shows up with fire in their belly. Just seems Sey and Warren are "coasting" right now

Steelers will be playing a lot of Cover Two. Tough to throw long on that defense. They cover tight in it as well hoping to give the Defensive Line enough time to get to the Quarterback. The short stuff will be there though. But it make for more plays and longer drives which means more opportunity for mistakes. If both teams play up to thier potential, this should be a great game to watch....

Mouthed off on Spygate. Heinz will be having tears rolling down by halftime. Now, we will hear all about how steelers are great and can beat Pats since the Pats have had narrow victories vs Eagles and Ravens. How many of the mediots will point out following

- Steelers lost to Jests

This Steeler team is afraud. We'll be smokin them by half.......Ike Taylor on Moss, and Deshea Townsend on Stallworth....LOL

Yeah, that really ticks me off. Ben holds the ball way too long at times trying to make a play. You don't see Brady pulling that crap. If it looks like he is going to take a sack, he tosses it in the stands or to the feet of a receiver. Ben has GOT to learn to do that.

- Steelers lost to Jests

I agree...the Sheelers are a fraud. Losing to the Jets, what a joke.

Steelers will be playing a lot of Cover Two. Tough to throw long on that defense. They cover tight in it as well hoping to give the Defensive Line enough time to get to the Quarterback. The short stuff will be there though. But it make for more plays and longer drives which means more opportunity for mistakes. If both teams play up to thier potential, this should be a great game to watch....

If that's the case, Welker will have a monster game.
The Patriots have seen a majority of Cover 2 this season, and Brady has consistently been able to hit the flats, seams, and 30 yd out passes needed against that defense. I think Taylor and Townsend will be the weak link on the defensive side of the ball, and the Patriots should exploit that all game.

I do think the Patriots will be run on, but I think the Steelers will need to score a bunch of points to keep it close.

I hate to say it though, I've got a bad feeling about this one. Steelers tend to hit there peak late in the season and seem to turn it up after playing a couple of crappy games. I think we lose this one.

- Steelers lost to Jests

I am not sure if that is intentional or not, but HEINZ is a bottle of Ketchup
HINES is a receiver for the Steelers ;)

It all depends on how the Pats play.

If they played like the last 2/3 weeks... they have cause for alarm.

If they play like all other weeks... they will thrash them.

It could go either way.

After the Ravens game a reporter said to Brady something like, "Don't you think you'll be seeing a lot more coverage like that after tonite's game?" Brady replied, "Cover Two? I've seen it all season long."

I think/I hope that the defense had their "manhood" tested enough against the ravens. I expect/hope them to come out and be more stout against the run. In general (except for the Halloween game a few years ago, the Bledsoe to Keven Henry interception game, and the Vrabel sack of Bledsoe play off game ) we generally play well against Pittsburg.

I guess you can also call the "Vrabel sack of Bledsoe play off game": "The Ted Johnson thought that Kordell Stewart was going to step out of bounds on the only touchdown, so he didnt hit him game"

So over the past 15 years or so, Pittsburg has been the Patriots toy. I actually wonder if we have a better winning percentage against Pittsburg than any other team over the past 10/15 years.

Mike

Man for man, position by position to include the coaching staff, the Pats are a better team. The deciding factor will be if the Pats come out with enough emotion to match or surpass the Steelers. The last two games they basically sleep-walked through most of the game and did enough at the end to win. They need a bonfire of emotion in this game, not the glowing coals of the last two weeks.

The past two weeks the Pats have been playing against Pro-Bowl corners, this will not be the case against Pittsburg. Their last two games were played in the mud.

Pittsburg does not have the talent on defense that Baltimore or Philly does.

Palomalu is hurt, and may not play.

But Deshea Townssend and Ike Taylor are NOT either

Chris McAlister and Samri Rolle and Ed Reed

or

Lito SHeppard and Shledon Brown with Brain Dawkins over the top

The past two weeks the Pats have been playing against Pro-Bowl corners, this will not be the case against Pittsburg. Their last two games were played in the mud.

Pittsburg does not have the talent on defense that Baltimore or Philly does.

Palomalu is hurt, and may not play.

But Deshea Townssend and Ike Taylor are NOT either

Chris McAlister and Samri Rolle and Ed Reed

or

Lito SHeppard and Shledon Brown with Brain Dawkins over the top

:confused:

I will grant you that Baltimore may have an argument, but Philly?

:confused:

I will grant you that Baltimore may have an argument, but Philly?
You're right. We're doomed. I heard the same thing last night from Mark Shlereth.

I think it'll be another nail biter. You're probably right about Ward, though. I think he cries if the wind changes direction.

The thing that's so interesting about this game to me is that both teams have been going through the motions the past few weeks. Pittsburgh is known for playing down/up to the level of their competition. Early in the year that wasn't the case, but we're back to our old ways... letting inferior teams give us a run for our money, and even beat us.

I love the smack I'm hearing about our #1 ranked pass defense. Nobody gives our secondary credit, ever... personally I love it. Ike Taylor is a stud, he's shut down some of the best in the league (I.E. Johnson, Harrison, ect.). Often times we play a cover three and our corners have to drop deep... while it looks to a casual fan like our corners are getting beat, they're doing their part in the system, which is, not letting receivers beat them deep. We play a lot of man coverage also, and our corners are on an island alot... they handle it very well.

Bottom line... some people don't understand football. Our pass "D" is more about pressure than anything. The best secondaries in the history of the league are going to break down after about 4 seconds... so when our blitz doesn't get there and the QB has all day people assume our corners are no good. Find me a corner that can consistantly stick man to man for longer than about 4 seconds... good luck, because there isn't one, never has been, never will be.

You guys will be able to move the ball, and so will we. This game is going to come down to three things, and whoever does them better will win the game.

1. Get TD's in the red zone instead of settling for FG's.

2. Who can convert third downs more effectively to stay on the field.

3. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. We were minus 3 last week and still won... that will not happen against New England. If either team is minus three on Sunday they will not only lose, but lose big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back