PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfan Survey: When Did YOU Become a Patriots Fan?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When did YOU become a Pats Fan?

• Total voters
I've tried to hide this as well as I could, but I have to admit that I'm really young. I wasn't old enough to understand football until around the 2004 season, and I didn't get hardcore until before the 2010 season. I obviously can't prove that I'm not a bandwagoner, but if the Pats start to suck, you can be damn sure I'll stick by them. Obviously, I want them to stay dominant, though...

Jim my man you may be the eldest Patsfan. Beat me by well over a decade. respect. Many more.

I am a Pats' fan thru and thru. My den wall has a Pat the Patriot
needlepoint, a picture of Adam Vinateri kicking the Snowbowl field goal,
and pictures of Bob Kraft and myself and Adam Vinatieri autographing my hat.
The latter two pictures were taken at Portland, ME airport when the Patriots
paid a post Superbowl Visit. I also have a well worn notebook with Patriot
rosters from 1960-2012.

Living in Canada there is two signals that one can get for football on Sunday; one is the Bills and one is the Patriots. During the 2000 season, when i was just 5 years old, picked the channel that played the patriots games (thank god). Been a fan ever since. :)

i go back to leo nomellini for the 9ers. pats fan since day one. arlington and northboro representing.

Ah dinnah mean to pry me boy but do you have a bit part in "Brave"?

Welcome.

Unfortunately not PWP - despite the storyline i belive that by and large the whole thing was filmed in Ireland.

:confused:

Och aye the noo.

...since 1986, I am old. 42 as of yesterday...the age when things start to break...:eek:

I missed the option that says I was born to be a Patriots fan?
But, I'll have to list the 70's as that's when i could start to get a feel for the game and cheer it on while watching on TV.

that and what the heck were my parents thinking when they took a 7 year old to watch Jaws on the big screen?

Honestly... i grew up in south carolina, and never really followed the nfl unitl i moved to Boston in 2005. i have since been forced to relocate to cincinnati with work, unfortunatley but i have been a diehard ever since.

Born and raised in NH. first game I remember was Pats/GB SB when I was 6.

When my father took me as a kid to the first regular season AFL game ever played. The Boston Patriots lost to the Broncos 13-10. The game was played at BU.

I became a Pats fan after I I moved to New England in 2004.

I'm in a strange situation as I consider myself a true fan, even though I have yet to witness a losing season. I have no idea what it is like being a fan during bad times, I solute the older fans who endured those decades.

I vaguely remember being 3 years old and hearing dad yell at the TV during SB 31. I remember watching SB36 and my family being ecstatic, but I still had no idea what was going on really. :D The first season I watched a couple games and understood the basics of the game was 2003, first full season I watched was in 2004. I guess I started following the team like crazy and trying to understand the game more than just "watching it" was 2006. (the difference between a safety and a cornerback, OLB/ILB, 3-4/4-3, you know, instead of just rooting for 11 guys to get to 4th down, not knowing what they actually do :D ) As many of the others do, I credit following football to dad, and growing up in MA it's all people talk about anyway, when they aren't constantly talking redsox...

So yeah, I didn't really get to appreciate the dynasty years due to age :(, but I have been lucky to see winning seasons every year, and wonder what it will be like when the Pats are bad, hopefully never.

Last edited:
If not for the kind hearted next door neighbor who would occasionally bring me & my father to games, I may have fallen into the trap of rooting for the teams that were selling lots of merchandise at the time - 49ers or Dallas.

Going to the AFCC against Jacksonville really sealed the deal for me though.

I'll never forget my dad walking into my bedroom - "wanna go to the football game?" --

wait... what? What game? The AFC Championship!?!?

I'm in a strange situation as I consider myself a true fan, even though I have yet to witness a losing season. I have no idea what it is like being a fan during bad times, I solute the older fans who endured those decades.

I vaguely remember being 3 years old and hearing dad yell at the TV during SB 31. I remember watching SB36 and my family being ecstatic, but I still had no idea what was going on really. :D The first season I watched a couple games and understood the basics of the game was 2003, first full season I watched was in 2004. I guess I started following the team like crazy and trying to understand the game more than just "watching it" was 2006. (the difference between a safety and a cornerback, OLB/ILB, 3-4/4-3, you know, instead of just rooting for 11 guys to get to 4th down, not knowing what they actually do :D ) As many of the others do, I credit following football to dad, and growing up in MA it's all people talk about anyway, when they aren't constantly talking redsox...

So yeah, I didn't really get to appreciate the dynasty years due to age :(, but I have been lucky to see winning seasons every year, and wonder what it will be like when the Pats are bad, hopefully never.
Until Parcells arrived, hme games were very often not sold out and, thus, blacked out locally. My best friend and I nearly always had to go to bars in Worcester to get either a Springfield (home games vs. AFC teams) or Hartford (home games vs. NFC teams) channel to be able to watch the games. It's seems so strange now given how popular the Pats have become here and (often unpopular!) across the country.

I couldn't have given a fig about pro football or sports, but I good friend forced me to go to a Chargers/Pats game that year. I think it was Brady's second or third game starting. The people I went with were mad that we had to watch the crappy back up QB.

That season was so intriguing that I had to follow and learn and then became a fan. Had the Pats gone, say 6-10 that year, I wouldn't have hooked on.

Now I'm an NFL fan and know stuff about all of the teams. FF helped push that along.

I was raised in RI and have vague memories of the late 70s Pats, Chuck Fairbanks, etc ... I really started watching the games in the early 80's and one of my first lasting memories was the snowplow game. Once squish the fish happened I was pretty much hooked, althought I did tune out a little during the Victor Kiam era and the early 90s.

60's old geezer here. Attended a game around 1962 at age 9 or so at Harvard or BU. Can recall that they were Friday night games and they used a white football.

Can remember (on tv) the Pats getting blown out in the 1963 AFL title game at San Diego 51-10. Couldn't contain Paul Lowe & Lance Alworth.

Attended the AFL east division championship game at Fenway vs the Bills, where we lost in a blizzard and the fans pelted Cookie Gilchrist with snowballs in the end zone.

Loved the mid-late 60's edition, with Mike Holovak as coach - a pretty talented bunch with Jim Nance, Gino, Buoniconti and Houston Antwine, but they couldn't get past Namath and the Jets.

93'. I wasnt much of a sports fan when I was younger. I was a musician playing my guitar in the local clubs. I ate drank and slept for my music..mostly drank:). Ive got a brother and sister who are Giants fans and 2 brothers who are Dallas fans. My girlfriends family are all from NE. When we started dating in 1990, her grandmother (an avid hockey fan, who also caoched the local HS hockey team Lynnfield Ma) would send me Pats shirts, sox, hats...When we went up to visit her brother and nieces and friends, it was Patriots football. After watching I started getting interested. I would be out on sundays with friends back home in New Jersey, where I grew up. Everyone had a FB team, so naturally I chose the Pats. I'd watch occasionally. One of my friends was a Rams fan. After we beat em in the SB, the juices started flowin'. I'm totally hooked now. I'm on here everyday, at least lurking. I havnt missed a game on TV in a LOOOONG time. I've seen quite a few games against the Jets at the Meadowlands (what a bunch of idiots). Even my girlfriend has been hooked for the last 5 yrs or so. So basically I was adopted by the Pats. I love this team, I love the NE area and feel really lucky to have fallen into the best FB team on earth:rocker:

60's old geezer here. Attended a game around 1962 at age 9 or so at Harvard or BU. Can recall that they were Friday night games and they used a white football.

Can remember (on tv) the Pats getting blown out in the 1963 AFL title game at San Diego 51-10. Couldn't contain Paul Lowe & Lance Alworth.

Attended the AFL east division championship game at Fenway vs the Bills, where we lost in a blizzard and the fans pelted Cookie Gilchrist with snowballs in the end zone.

Loved the mid-late 60's edition, with Mike Holovak as coach - a pretty talented bunch with Jim Nance, Gino, Buoniconti and Houston Antwine, but they couldn't get past Namath and the Jets.

I was at that game. Two of my hoops friends, not small guys, got jumped by thugs and put in the hospital while walking to the T post game.

I saw Namath's 1st game, an "exhibition" game in Lowell MA. He destroyed the Pats.

Saw Alworth (Bambi) play the Pats in Fenway park in a friday night game. Guy would get SO airborne. Looked like a man among boys. Too quick and athletic.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back