PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats won't make the playoffs..says Tim Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
JJust heard it....Pats will NOT make the playoffs..that simple...who the heck is he??? I love it as everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team...really incredible...

I guarantee his old pathetic team the Raiders are eliminated from the playoffs by week 7...The only thing good about Brown is he comes from Notre Dame

Brown was a very good receiver. But it is clear that he needs work as an analyst.

He's just bitter much like Faulk.

I like this. More naysayers to look stupid once the Patriots prove them wrong AGAIN.

Last edited:
this is the one of the main reasons you cant have too many athelets as analysts. THey dont look at things objectively.

Give ol' Tim a break . . . Brady's Wolverines kicked some Fighting Irish ass today. Tim's bummed.

Belichick said it takes him 3-4 games to find out where the team is at, yet this Tim Brown says he can decide after one game?

He must be a very brilliant coach.

I guess I'll have to now bake 2 humble pies for Christmas - one for Brown, the other for the nutty professor, Clayton.

Unreal...are these guys just morons with microphones. You can't even say the 49ers won't make the playoffs this year. It's too soon in the season. It is going to make it even more sweeter when we roll in the play offs.

desi-patsfan said:
this is the one of the main reasons you cant have too many athelets as analysts. THey dont look at things objectively.

Couldn't have said it any better. These athletes have an axe to grind and it shows when they get into analysis. Further, my suspicion is some of these athletes REALLY don't like the Patriots. Not necessarily Brown (but could be) but these guys might resent the Patriot way. Less money-more team concept, less show boating-more total game focus, less loud mouthed talking and media displays-more our play does the talking, less big money FA names-more middle class depth. There are going to be some players who hate that! No dancing with the Stars-more a team running out togther onto the SB field. The union dislikes the Patriot way (in some of their ways), why shouldn't some of their members? Especially the flashy loud mouths....Shanon Sharpe. The non flashy players, imo, get less opportunity like on the NFL network (which I dislike - I might be in the minority there). Guys like RS are lower on the list versus Sapp. Just the way it is.......

Just another Notre Dame idiot.

So, who does he pick to win the East, the Jets???? lol.....Obviously, it can't be the Dolphins and Culpepper if he happened to catch any of that disaster last week.

he is an annoucner his job is to make predicitions, but just about everyone in the world thinks the patriots are a top 5 team in the league this year, saying "I love how everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team" is ridiculous the media over hypes the patriots every week and will continue to do so. its funny how every team in the league thinks the media throws their team under the bus, made even more funny when its a team that the media has been suckling for years.

TheBostonStraggler said:
Couldn't have said it any better. These athletes have an axe to grind and it shows when they get into analysis. Further, my suspicion is some of these athletes REALLY don't like the Patriots. Not necessarily Brown (but could be) but these guys might resent the Patriot way. Less money-more team concept, less show boating-more total game focus, less loud mouthed talking and media displays-more our play does the talking, less big money FA names-more middle class depth. There are going to be some players who hate that! No dancing with the Stars-more a team running out togther onto the SB field. The union dislikes the Patriot way (in some of their ways), why shouldn't some of their members? Especially the flashy loud mouths....Shanon Sharpe. The non flashy players, imo, get less opportunity like on the NFL network (which I dislike - I might be in the minority there). Guys like RS are lower on the list versus Sapp. Just the way it is.......

What he said.

Though it's not the NFL Network in general you should dislike, merely NFL Total Access in particular. What an ignorant, mumbling jock-fest that drek is.

This negative criticisms of the team is actually a good thing. The Pat's have always excelled when placed in the underdog status. I want them playing pissed!

Pats726 said:
JJust heard it....Pats will NOT make the playoffs..that simple...who the heck is he??? I love it as everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team...really incredible...

Consider the source....this D bag doesn't know anything!!! Has anyone listened to him much? He is worse than Irvin........oh and.....one other thing,......ND sucks.......GO BC....GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HidEmu said:
he is an annoucner his job is to make predicitions, but just about everyone in the world thinks the patriots are a top 5 team in the league this year, saying "I love how everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team" is ridiculous the media over hypes the patriots every week and will continue to do so. its funny how every team in the league thinks the media throws their team under the bus, made even more funny when its a team that the media has been suckling for years.

Well, last week Bill Williamson, in his Power Ratings column, didn't think so. He had the Pats #9. Just like the other columnists of the esteemed Post, they've considerably toned down the rhetoric this week (has Pats #5).

It's interesting. In it's pre-first week NFL analysis, the Post labeled the Pats as probably the best in the AFC East, but "no longer a dangerous team". Of course, the Broncos were labeled a serious team with "Super Bowl asperations".

This is the kind of thing I think these guys are talking about.

So of course, this begs the question, exactly what media has been "suckling for years" viz the Pats?

captain stone said:
What he said.

Though it's not the NFL Network in general you should dislike, merely NFL Total Access in particular. What an ignorant, mumbling jock-fest that drek is.

Thanks for the correction. Yes, it is NFL total access that I was talking about when I said the NFL Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News