Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats won't make the playoffs..says Tim Brown

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Pats726, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

JJust heard it....Pats will NOT make the playoffs..that simple...who the heck is he??? I love it as everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team...really incredible...

2. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I guarantee his old pathetic team the Raiders are eliminated from the playoffs by week 7...The only thing good about Brown is he comes from Notre Dame

3. Oswlek

Oswlek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

Brown was a very good receiver. But it is clear that he needs work as an analyst.

4. jaychamp

jaychamp On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He's just bitter much like Faulk.

5. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I like this. More naysayers to look stupid once the Patriots prove them wrong AGAIN.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  6. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

this is the one of the main reasons you cant have too many athelets as analysts. THey dont look at things objectively.

7. Patriotic

Patriotic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Give ol' Tim a break . . . Brady's Wolverines kicked some Fighting Irish ass today. Tim's bummed.

8. lobster

lobster On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Belichick said it takes him 3-4 games to find out where the team is at, yet this Tim Brown says he can decide after one game?

He must be a very brilliant coach.

9. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +262 / 48 / -23

No Jersey Selected

I guess I'll have to now bake 2 humble pies for Christmas - one for Brown, the other for the nutty professor, Clayton.

10. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unreal...are these guys just morons with microphones. You can't even say the 49ers won't make the playoffs this year. It's too soon in the season. It is going to make it even more sweeter when we roll in the play offs.

11. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

Couldn't have said it any better. These athletes have an axe to grind and it shows when they get into analysis. Further, my suspicion is some of these athletes REALLY don't like the Patriots. Not necessarily Brown (but could be) but these guys might resent the Patriot way. Less money-more team concept, less show boating-more total game focus, less loud mouthed talking and media displays-more our play does the talking, less big money FA names-more middle class depth. There are going to be some players who hate that! No dancing with the Stars-more a team running out togther onto the SB field. The union dislikes the Patriot way (in some of their ways), why shouldn't some of their members? Especially the flashy loud mouths....Shanon Sharpe. The non flashy players, imo, get less opportunity like on the NFL network (which I dislike - I might be in the minority there). Guys like RS are lower on the list versus Sapp. Just the way it is.......

12. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just another Notre Dame idiot.

13. cloud34

cloud34 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, who does he pick to win the East, the Jets???? lol.....Obviously, it can't be the Dolphins and Culpepper if he happened to catch any of that disaster last week.

14. HidEmu

HidEmu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he is an annoucner his job is to make predicitions, but just about everyone in the world thinks the patriots are a top 5 team in the league this year, saying "I love how everyone is AGAIN downplaying the team" is ridiculous the media over hypes the patriots every week and will continue to do so. its funny how every team in the league thinks the media throws their team under the bus, made even more funny when its a team that the media has been suckling for years.

15. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +262 / 48 / -23

No Jersey Selected

What he said.

Though it's not the NFL Network in general you should dislike, merely NFL Total Access in particular. What an ignorant, mumbling jock-fest that drek is.

16. MDPATSFAN

MDPATSFAN On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This negative criticisms of the team is actually a good thing. The Pat's have always excelled when placed in the underdog status. I want them playing pissed!

17. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +49 / 13 / -16

#12 Jersey

Consider the source....this D bag doesn't know anything!!! Has anyone listened to him much? He is worse than Irvin........oh and.....one other thing,......ND sucks.......GO BC....GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, last week Bill Williamson, in his Power Ratings column, didn't think so. He had the Pats #9. Just like the other columnists of the esteemed Post, they've considerably toned down the rhetoric this week (has Pats #5).

It's interesting. In it's pre-first week NFL analysis, the Post labeled the Pats as probably the best in the AFC East, but "no longer a dangerous team". Of course, the Broncos were labeled a serious team with "Super Bowl asperations".

This is the kind of thing I think these guys are talking about.

So of course, this begs the question, exactly what media has been "suckling for years" viz the Pats?

19. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the correction. Yes, it is NFL total access that I was talking about when I said the NFL Network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.