PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Jets very early thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to nfln jamie duks when asked to compare who has the most complete team his answer

WR jets
RB jets
OL jets
ST jets
DL jets
CB jets
QB Pats

we are only better at QB according to dukes

according to nfln jamie duks when asked to compare who has the most complete team his answer

WR jets
RB jets
OL jets
ST jets
DL jets
CB jets
QB Pats

=============================================

Got to give the Pats the edge in coaching, at least at this point.

Do you disagree with Dukes any where else? Maybe D line?

WR jets
RB jets
OL jets
ST jets
DL jets
CB jets
QB Pats

Jamie Dukes is a Pats hater.

How do they have the edge at RB?

They rush the ball an average of 33 times a game, we rush 26 a times. They have 9 TDs to our 13 TDs, 8 fumbles to our 0 fumbles (we are credited with a fumble, but that was charged to Brady for a backwards pass). Their YPG average is only .2 higher than ours is. The only category they are well ahead in is 148 yards per game to our 113, but their rush attempts are that much more per game anyway.

I will take our RBs 10 times out of 10. we have more TDs, the same YPC, and much less turnovers, and those are the important stats.

=============================================

Got to give the Pats the edge in coaching, at least at this point.

Do you disagree with Dukes any where else? Maybe D line?

O line is debatable too.

RUSH Yds per game
NYJ 4.5
NEP 4.3

QB Hits/SACKS allowed
NYJ 33/19
NEP 35/15

Comparing the top two running backs (in terms of yardage) of each team...

Woodhead + Green-Ellis: 4.6 YPC, 12 TD, 0 Fumbles
LT + Greene: 4.3 YPC, 6 TD, 3 Fumbles

Yep, not even close. :cool:

Interesting......Jamie forgot to mention the Tight ends.....mmmmm that's odd? He conveniently wrapped them all up in to WR......

I'll answer it for him... Gronk/Hernandez/Crumpler > Keller......check mark

Jamie also forgot to mention SS/FS......That's odd, he just mentioned CB, that's strange Jamie, why would you chose not to mention that big
Patriot advantage......(Meriweather,Chung,Sanders) blow away the 2 jokers in that Jet backend........

I'll take our OLine also over the Jets Oline.....

Last edited:
This game will come down to how well the offense does. Although we won on Thursday, Hill was looking like a pro-bowl QB early on. The Pats defense is still a liability and if the offense can't score points, it could be a long night. With that in mind, the Pats offense has been on fire these last few weeks.

Also, the game is ~10 days away, which should give the edge to the Pats.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here for the Jets fans visiting. The next 500 or better team the Jets beat will be their first since week #2. They have played three 500 or better teams this year, the Pats, Ravens and Packers, and have lost to two of them. The Pats have played 5 and have beaten the Steelers, Colts, Chargers, and Ravens, while losing back in week two to the Jets.

It's always tough to compare football teams stats without looking at whom they have played. Its amazing how those numbers can change when you play the dregs of the league vs, the top teams.

They've improved every week. When that happens a team like the Jets is not going to beat them. Especially at Gillette.

We need to cover Keller. I have no faith in guyton. Maybe Fletcher can do a good job. He seemed to do pretty well in the 2nd half against the lions.

the one intangible about the jets...things have gone their way and they have taken adv. past jet teams wouldv floundered so this gives rise to the talk that this maybe their yr and stranger things have happened.

the one intangible about the jets...things have gone their way and they have taken adv. past jet teams wouldv floundered so this gives rise to the talk that this maybe their yr and stranger things have happened.

I don't buy into the "maybe its their year stuff." I just hope the patriots can move the ball early. I hope they incorporate some short slants and the TEs early and get ahead at the beginning

I want to see Danny Woodhead have the game of his life against his former team that pretty much never game him a chance to make it.

Well they signed him as an undrafted free agent, put him on the map with hard knocks and almost surely would have had him back on the roster at some point this year.

But your right they never gave the guy a chance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Couldn't brady just do what peyton did to the jets last year?

Without moss, it wouldn't matter who revis covers because the pats have no great/standout receivers. He won't even be a factor unless he covers a tightend.

What cost brady in the first game was forcing it to moss and having a unbalanced running game, the pats now have it.

All bill has to do is muster up a decent pass rush and don't the jets run for 150+ yards

Well they signed him as an undrafted free agent, put him on the map with hard knocks and almost surely would have had him back on the roster at some point this year.

But your right they never gave the guy a chance. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be watching Jersey Shore? Or did you get enough of that in real life on Thanksgiving?

Shouldn't you be watching Jersey Shore? Or did you get enough of that in real life on Thanksgiving?

Sorry I was too busy dodging parade traffic in NYC. You know, a real city. ;)

Sorry I was too busy dodging parade traffic in NYC. You know, a real city. ;)

On your way to Harlem to score a rock I bet.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be a shot at Boston. Too bad I don't live there.

Couldn't brady just do what peyton did to the jets last year?

Without moss, it wouldn't matter who revis covers because the pats have no great/standout receivers. He won't even be a factor unless he covers a tightend.

What cost brady in the first game was forcing it to moss and having a unbalanced running game, the pats now have it.

All bill has to do is muster up a decent pass rush and don't the jets run for 150+ yards

Find myself agreeing with this. We could have very well lost the game because of Brady's 2 ints, both aimed at Moss. Only in one game since the Moss trade has Brady thrown interceptions, and that was against the Ravens in week 5 (his first game adjusting to life without Moss).

Brady doesn't have a favorite target anymore, he's been alternating between everyone the past few weeks and it's produced extremely good results. Maybe not always in total yards, but in effectiveness for certain. The Jets will have a hard time stopping him unless they can shutdown 3-4 targets.

On your way to Harlem to score a rock I bet.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be a shot at Boston. Too bad I don't live there.

It is too bad. I guess that means you're forced to dwell in the barren frozen tundra that surrounds that nice city.

But I digress, what were we chatting about? Ah yes, lets go Jets. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back