PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats unconvincing says Jerome Bettis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really blown away by what Bettis said, personally, simply because he inferred that we wouldn't make the playoffs after we've beaten 2 of the teams in our division with the other 0-2.

Like, what else do we have to do to prove that we're better? Really cream them? Cause we almost did that today...

Almost as convincing as the Steelers Superbowl win last season. Or better yet Rothlesbereger's 23.7 QB rating in SB40?

Gosh, what will I ever do now that Jerome Bettis has deemed us "unconvincing"? Will I ever sleep again at night? We might as well just pack it up....if we can't impress Jerome, we must really be doing something wrong, 2-0 notwithstanding.

What. a. load. of. crap.

Oh no, a couple of ex-players who were embarrassed by the Patriots in playoff games have picked against them! What ever will we do? :D

These point differentials are a little deceiving anyway. The Pats started out poorly and won by 2. But didn't they take a knee in the red zone?

This week, they drive to the 6 with running and short passes -- the very plays the Jets were expecting. If we were down, who doubts we would have gotten the TD?

The Pats do make it "exciting," although I think I would have liked 38-0.

Who cares what they say. Even if we won 27-3, the "experts" would have said "well, it's just the Jets." It's a no-win for us. A win next week might get some attention, but let's face it--the 2 wins that would turn heads is vs. CIN and INDY. We win those--Bettis and Sharpe are singing a different tune. But we have a lot of work to do before that, IMHO. For now, let's just focus on DEN.

So like if we can't 'convince' Bettis, then like we can't go to the playoffs even if we win the AFCE? I'm so confused. Did the Colts' Polian get the rules committe to put this new rule in?

I think this team has a lot of similarities to the 2004 superbowl team

Screw the Bus. He always had a flat tire when trying to predict what the Pats were going to do.

a championship team is a team that can over come mistakes and not perform there best, and still come out with the victory

Anytime you go into the Meadowlands early in the season and come with a win and no major injuries (Corey hopefully is OK) it is cause for celebration. And Jackson has the quicks and the speed to get big time separation. The problem is Brady is learning a whole new offense. A run dominated, big WR offense, completely unlike the Charlie Weis O. This is the McDaniels O, and there is alot to like if you like smashmouth football and deep passing. If the Pats can get to the bye at least 4-1, with the Rbs, CJ and Ben Watson healthy, this O will dominate come November-January.

Not make the playoffs? Insane comment. Down right stupid.

Last edited:
At least he didn't say "Brady was horrible".

Bella*chick said:
Gosh, what will I ever do now that Jerome Bettis has deemed us "unconvincing"? Will I ever sleep again at night? We might as well just pack it up....if we can't impress Jerome, we must really be doing something wrong, 2-0 notwithstanding.

What. a. load. of. crap.

What is "unconvincing" is Fat Boy's claims that he played hurt after every loss to the Patriots... when in fact, Ted Johnson, Teddy Bruschi, and company consistantly stuffed his A S S to the point that he started running laterally on every play, which didn't get him anywhere either.

Jerome is a Pittsburgh butt-boy that is never going to say anything positive about the Patriots.

PatsDeb said:
Screw the Bus. He always had a flat tire when trying to predict what the Pats were going to do.

The obvious follow-up question would (and should) have been, " if the Pats aren't going to make the playoffs, who will win the East?" The 0-2 Dolphins? The Losman -led Bills? Jets?
Just what I thought........

Bettis is like this generations's Dan Marino (thanks for the quote, Boomer). The Pats were a thorn in his side for years, and now he can't bring himself to say anything nice about them (although even Marino had to give up on this tactic after several years since the Pats were so superior to the Dolphins). GO PATS!!! Beat the Broncos!!!!

Seymour93 said:
Sterling Sharpe also said Brady could be struggling because he isn't confident with his new, slower WR's.

This might be a decent point if the balls were not under thrown. Maybe he is trying to compensate, but it looks to me as if the reciviers are getting behind the coverage faster then Brady is expecting.

Now if the point is that he is not yet in sync with those guys, IMO it would be dead on. Even with Watson, Brady is not getting it to where the reciever is. I figure that the offense needs to work pretty heavy on getting the timing down.

At the very least the pass blocking looked worlds better this week.

Rodney? Rodney? Did you hear that Rodney?:rolleyes:

Seymour93 said:
On the NBC pregame/highlights show Bettis said we struggled against Buffalo and let a bad Jets team back into the game so our 2-0 record is deceiving. Finally Bettis said he doesn't know if the Pats can make the playoffs.

Sterling Sharpe also said Brady could be struggling because he isn't confident with his new, slower WR's.

Make of that what you will.

Brady is going to take a few weeks to get into gear with his receivers. If NE isn't making the playoffs, who is, Jerome. Miami? This is why the national talking heads are laughable.

RayClay said:
Although what he says is true, he should know it doesn't mean anything.

We won, that's what matters.

Our receivers are different than Branch. Branch is quick, these guys are big and fast. It's going to take a few games.

Big Fatty really needs Bruschi to stuff him on a few more 3rd and 4th downs to get some perspective.

They won one in this century and it was the worst Super Bowl ever played, probably.

Even Super Bowl V???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back