PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Titans postgame notes [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this am feeling pretty disappointed with this team.
:confused:

Maybe we watched different games but from where I was sitting (admittedly 3,000 miles away ;)), it looked like our combined starters/2nd string kicked their starters asses in the first half. With no Warren, Seymour, Samuel, Moss, Maroney. A lot of our "depth" started last night.

Re: Pats/Titans postgame notes

BB made a comment about Meriweather when asked why he was at CB. He said, in effect, it was a combination of the team's needs and the sequence of training a young player. So he has a definite progression in mind for him.

As a lot of other people have said, Pats rookies don't necessarily shine in their first season, and that's little indication of how they'll eventually do.

In other teams based less on team defense and more on free-lancing, a rookie can make an immediate impact. On the Pats, a rookie first has to fit the system before he can make an impact. Savvy veterans, like Rodney and Tedy, can fit the system and also free-lance within it.

For that reason, I think it's unlikely a Pats rookie will ever win ROY, though they may eventually surpass players who do.

I woke up this am feeling pretty disappointed with this team. They have been preaching this team's "depth" and for the second straight week, their 'depth' gets beaten late in the game.

Brady looked like a 6th round pick and Matt Light continues to show why he sucks on a daily basis. Thank God that BB still has several weeks to get these guys in gear. Admittedly, no Maroney and Moss, but still..

ps- I was in the Supermarket and saw a milk carton with Ben Watson's picture on it...

That's an odd way to approach the pre season. At the end of pre season games it's not our depth vs. their depth - it's our fringe vs. their fringe, guys who for the most part will be out of work come Labor Day. And if Gotti hadn't missed a gimme early, or Stallworth hadn't slipped on the wet grass, we'd have looked better even though we really weren't.

Brady looked like a HOF QB with an underperforming Oline and more new WR's who aren't yet broken in. It wasn't all on Light either, it was a group effort.

I did see Ben on the field though, only it was when he missed a block and it led to a sack.

Belichick always preaches you don't know what you have in a team until week 6 of the REGULAR SEASON. It's like for some of you the journey is just too much - 16 and 0 or fuggetaboutit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back