PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats/Titans postgame notes [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats/Titans postgame notes

As confident as most of us Pats fans have been this offseason, these past two games go to show you that if we commit costly penalties and turnovers, have poor offensive line play and have mental breakdowns, we aren't going to do much this year.

I always thought this was going to be one of our better offensive seasons, but I fear we may be plagued by turnovers like no other season. Our defense looks like it might be the best part of our team, I did not see the game, just curious how AD looked today?

Also, seems like Ghost has been up and down all camp and he blew an easy one today, hope he doesn't hit the soph slump. Do kickers go through that?

You should perhaps consider going with "FraidyCatMoFo" or "Panicky-GirlMoFo" or something like that. Good Lord, come on, man. Sack up. The first team offense, despite sloppy conditions, sloppy OL play and no Moss or Maroney, score 17 points IN ONE HALF, and should've had at least three more. Take a breath, Sally.

Last edited:

Stories of the game, as i see it, are
the excellence of the real D
... and the porosity of the O-line, from starters down to see-yas.
Not good at all.
Should NEVER happen.

I don't understand why people say we have a great or even good offensive line. They have too many off nights. Brady makes them look better than they are. They can't run block very consistently either.

Pretty sweet seeing Brady getting picked twice (one for 6) and getting hammered back there.

Oh, and Vince Young is terrible, how he won rookie of the year is beyond me.

Last edited:

Vince limits the Titans offense at this point in his career. His passes are low or off the mark.

Pretty sweet seeing Brady getting picked twice (one for 6) and getting hammered back there.

Oh, and Vince Young is terrible, how he won rookie of the year is beyond me.

Enjoy it for now. Once the regular season comes, it may help Brady to have Moss and Maroney there, and Kyle Brady staying in to block. Congrats on those phins, though - they should be great!

I don't understand why people say we have a great or even good offensive line. They have too many off nights.

It was an off night. The idea that you think they're not "even good" is sketchy. You should watch them play a regular season game sometime. Welcome to becoming a Patriots fan, though.

Also, seems like Ghost has been up and down all camp and he blew an easy one today, hope he doesn't hit the soph slump. Do kickers go through that?
Yeah, Parcells almost cut Vinatieri his second year, and Adam turned out pretty good, I think.

Little bit of the ol' wokka-wokka watching the game, huh? Don't forget to wash your hands.

Thought the safeties made their presence felt.. Harrison, Wilson et al.. did not notice much of Meriweather though.

Enjoy it for now. Once the regular season comes, it may help Brady to have Moss and Maroney there, and Kyle Brady staying in to block. Congrats on those phins, though - they should be great!

What's a Pats fan's MO when backed into a corner? Bring up something completely off-topic to get the pressure off the topic at hand. It's a certainty that they will do it, too funny, happens every time I post something negative and true about the Pats.

What's a Pats fan's MO when backed into a corner? Bring up something completely off-topic to get the pressure off the topic at hand. It's a certainty that they will do it, too funny, happens every time I post something negative and true about the Pats.

Negative and true is an oxymoron and does not exist amongst Pats Fans, only amongst the wanna be's..

Negative and true is an oxymoron and does not exist amongst Pats Fans, only amongst the wanna be's..

So the 2 INTs that Brady threw tonight were a good thing? Werid. I just found it funny how when the Fins struggled against the Jags in their opener, you guys were all over it. Now, the Pats struggle and all of a sudden, it's just pre-season. Patsfans.com, home of the double standard.

Last edited:

I thought the starting D played very well, even without Seymour, Warren and Samuel.

I also think Seau looked great!

The 2nd string defense was less than spectacular, to say the least.

As far as the offense goes, don't sweat it, it is just a pre-season game. Both teams (including the Titans) were runing very vanilla offenses and defenses. Besides, I'm not sure how much blitzing opposing defenses will do once Maroney, Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Watson are on the field (and we have an actual regular season gameplan). :)

P.S. I'm still not impressed with Morris.

Last edited:

Watson did play right? I am pretty sure I saw 84 on the field... just no catches

So the 2 INTs that Brady threw tonight were a good thing? Werid. I just found it funny how when the Fins struggled against the Jags in their opener, you guys were all over it. Now, the Pats struggle and all of a sudden, it's just pre-season. Patsfans.com, home of the double standard.
I knew someone would panic about the game, I'm glad to see it wasn't a Pats fan. A little history for ya Aqua: There once was a 2nd preseason game in which the Pats stunk. Brady was sacked 2 times and threw a pick all before the half. The RB had 10 yards on 7 carries and the D let up 28 points in the first half alone. They went on to lose to Cincy in that game 31-3. Everyone was worried, the media was trashing the team, and it didn't look good. They then lost the next game 20-17 and closed out the pre-season with a 31-0 loss at home to Jax making their record 1-3 for the 4 games (they won the 1st one 24-6). The year was 2004. When the season started they won their first 6 games setting the NFL record for consecutive wins and finished the season 14-2. Oh yeah, they also won their second Super Bowl in a row and 3rd in 4 years. So tell me, how much does the preseason matter?

Last edited:

Aqua you are an idiot! Brady and the pats o-line are going to be fine... this is preseason: not all starters play and play calling is off. Sure there were come off plays but thats why they practice. You should be more worried about ur Phins and their pathetic excuse for a football team.

The Pats OL was manhandled by just the Titans front four. This was the second week in a row that the Titans front physically abused an OL. Last week they had 5 sacks against the Skins too. The Titans also had two picks on Brady and Cassell and the heat was applied all night. Pats D played very well too but the Titans got their heat with 4 down lineman. The pats blitzed so much it was not funny........but the intensity for preseason was awesome. Somehow I think these teams may see each other later in the yr.

Personally I did not think Thomas looked good at all. I thought Jarvis Green was awesome and so was Harrison.

Last edited:

On a night where the offense played without their two best playmakers on offense (Randy Moss and Laurence Maroney)...

I'm happy with that.

You are an easy grader, you were 'happy' with the game? We could have lost our top 2 QBs and threw 4 INTs. I expect to see an improvement next week but holding hope against hope that M&M (Maroney & Moss) save the day seems overly optimistic. There is a reasonable chance these guys are going to miss some action.

The is a fundmental lack of execution and consistency with the offense.

I would sum up the game as:
  • Offense bad...
  • Defense very good, especially stopping the run. Big improvement from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back