PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats ticket prices over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that wait list, I feel like they're still far from profit-maximizing.

See that and raise you

Went to Pats games pre-Schaffer Stadium in Fenway Park. Bleacher seats were behind the EZ and cost $2.50. Took my future wife to games. Interesting times as guys would smash beer bottles and fight with them. Being brainless (just over 20) it didn't faze me.

Lance Allworth, Cookie Gilchrist, Elbert Dubenion...

Lots of Friday night games in Fenway.

My dad's boss was a charter season ticket holder. We got to go to a game or two a year - always smack on the 50 yard line (Fenway, BC, Harvard Stadium and also in Foxboro).

I saw Gino Capelletti kick a 40 yard field goal with 1 second remaining to beat the Oilers at Fenway (think it was 1964 ...)

Lots of Friday night games in Fenway.

My dad's boss was a charter season ticket holder. We got to go to a game or two a year - always smack on the 50 yard line (Fenway, BC, Harvard Stadium and also in Foxboro).

I saw Gino Capelletti kick a 40 yard field goal with 1 second remaining to beat the Oilers at Fenway (think it was 1964 ...)

I was at Tufts and heard that winning kick on the radio

Thankfully I had NO IDEA then how long I'd wait for the Pats to be champions

Last edited:
I was at Tufts and heard that winning kick on the radio

Thankfully I had NO IDEA then how long I'd wait for the Pats to be champions

Another Friday night Fenway memory was about a priest who sat in front of us, sipping from his flask. Patriots kicked a field goal for an early 3-0 lead. Soon thereafter, Pats back on offense, a conservartive call on 3rd down falls short. Priest yells out "That's right, Holovak - sit on the lead, you damned fool!"

I was pretty young - didn't know that priests drank and swore until that night.

hahahaahahahhahaha ! Im old too. I remember Shaefer beer !! It sucked .....Should have called it Jets beer.
I remember the ad jingle.

"Shaeffer... is the... one beer to have... when you're having more than one..."

You have to consider that you are watching soccer. I would say that you just got screwed out of $19.00:D per game. But that's just me.

Hey the other day I spent over £100 and 5 and a half hours travel there and back to watch my team play in the arse end of Wales. It's an addiction.

Me too. First regular season game in Foxboro.

Patriots 20 Raiders 6 - that was a huge upset.

Pats also had big upsets against the Colts (in Baltimore) and the Dolphins.

I was at the Dolphins game that year too. It was like 25 degrees in the sun. People were so drunk they were stripped to the waste, but it was just drunk guys. :mad: Fights breaking out in the stands, cops dragging idiots out of the stadium.

Those were the good old days.:eek:

One game long ago in Sullivan Stadium against I have no idea it rained so much that the stands and walkways were flooded. This is not a typo. Guys got so drunk that they'd stand on a wall and body dive onto the cement concourse deep (inches) in water. How most males survive adolescence and their 20s is one of life's mysteries.

Last edited:
First year as season ticket holder 1992 - sec 223 was $23 a game, $230 for the season. The seats were pretty good - Patriots side, about the 15 yard line, toward south end zone.
Final year as season ticket holder 2010 - sec 312 was $89 a game, $890 a season (maybe $99 a game, can't remember)...
Still hope to snag some tickets to a game or two this year...

Me too. First regular season game in Foxboro.

Patriots 20 Raiders 6 - that was a huge upset.

I was there. Opening Game 1971. Nice clear sunny day. Plunkett had a TD pass to Sellers, and Gogolak had a few FG's...

Can't remember that I had to take the trash out 3 minutes ago, but I can remember that stuff all day long...

Let's light this candle!

I remember the ad jingle.

"Shaeffer... is the... one beer to have... when you're having more than one..."

Yeah, me too. Right up there with the Carling Black Label ads on the Celtic games, and the Knickerbocker ads "It's a man's world", and all of the Schlitz ads.

When I started drinking it was "Haffenreffer" (the green death), Ballantine, Schlitz Malt Liquor, and Old German....

Now I brew my own anywhere from Bass Ale knockoffs (the bubbles are wrong, but the taste is spot on) to Stouts. Pilsner? Not so much unless its Czech.

I was at the Dolphins game that year too. It was like 25 degrees in the sun. People were so drunk they were stripped to the waste, but it was just drunk guys. :mad: Fights breaking out in the stands, cops dragging idiots out of the stadium.

Those were the good old days.:eek:

That is my most enduring memory of that year beating the Fish on a COLD day.

Remember the guys stripping to the waist. :D

One game long ago in Sullivan Stadium against I have no idea it rained so much that the stands and walkways were flooded. This is not a typo. Guys got so drunk that they'd stand on a wall and body dive onto the cement concourse deep (inches) in water. How most males survive adolescence and their 20s is one of life's mysteries.

Was that the Jets game in the Hurricane remnants?

I remember guys getting tackled and sliding 10 yards in the rain....... IIRC J Nance had a big game.

Was that the Jets game in the Hurricane remnants?

I remember guys getting tackled and sliding 10 yards in the rain....... IIRC J Nance had a big game.

Yes it was the Jets game

The Most Expensive Ticket in the NFL - Today's Great Country 101.9 WDEZ
Green Bay Packers - $281
The reigning Super Bowl Champs garner the highest ticket prices this season.

New England Patriots - $272
This perennial Super Bowl contender has a staunchly loyal fan base that draws from multiple states.

Pittsburgh Steelers - $240
The 2010 AFC champions sellout every game and draw top dollar for each ticket.

Chicago Bears - $225
It doesn't matter how the team performs, Chi-Town residents will fill Soldier Field for every game.

New York Giants - $225
Despite sharing a stadium and a city with another NFL team, the Giants are still one of the priciest tickets in a town full of pricey tickets.

Dallas Cowboys - $223
America's Team hasn't had much success lately, but that won't keep the Cowboy faithful out of their new stadium.

Philadelphia Eagles - $218
Eagles fans may have the worst reputation in sports but they are willing to shell out the big bucks to watch the birds play (and for the privilege to taunt opposition fans).

New York Jets - $215
The team's recent resurgence and new stadium has fans pouring in to see Gang Green.

Baltimore Ravens - $212
While many fans were distraught when the Colts left for Indianapolis the Ravens have never disappointed its fan base and are a big draw in Charm City.

New Orleans Saints - $197
Since Hurricane Katrina, the Saints have been the pinnacle of New Orleans' sturdiness and the Who Dat nation fills the Superdome for every home game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices seem to pretty consistently be going up once every three years. Some years I don't think it's justified by inflation/economic conditions. The handling charge always struck me as a bogus cash grab. :blahblah: But I wouldn't give up my season tix for anything. :)

I missed the handling charge when I started this thread last week. It was $4 on the invoice from 1993. I believe the handling charge nowadays is $30 or more.

When does running a credit card or depositing a cheque cost $30+?

My season ticket for my local soccer team this year was £225 ($366). That's for 19 games as well, so a mere £11.80 ($19.30) per game. This is a team in the top league as well. I'm really glad our ticket prices are so much cheaper over here.
Reds fan here:p I swore Wigan got..relegated !:eek:

I missed the handling charge when I started this thread last week. It was $4 on the invoice from 1993. I believe the handling charge nowadays is $30 or more.

When does running a credit card or depositing a cheque cost $30+?

I'd really like to see what's behind the "handling charge," if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes