PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats SB teams look MORE impressive now

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
If there's a silver lining (and I had to think hard to find it) it's that our teams in '01, '03 and '04 won 6 of 9 playoff games against SB-winning coaches or QBs. Small consolation sure, but maybe its better to beat a contending team that eventually won it all than beat a perpetual loser. Now the Pats just have to return the favor :)

Our wins were definitely more impressive,the games themselves were better,and as much as the world hates seeing the Pats in yet another SB,at least they were always provided with an exciting game. Maybe it's the Pats fan in me but these last 2 SB's had to be among the worst in my recent memory.

Defense wins playoffs games.

The colts beat the top three defensives in football, three in a row.

I do give the Colts credit for that. It's not their fault that the NFC had horrid representation. I think the Saints would have provided more of a battle for any of the 4 possible AFC teams they would have met in the Bowl.

Predictably most of the media is calling the Colts the best team of the century so don't look for too many people to share your sentiment right now.

Predictably most of the media is calling the Colts the best team of the century so don't look for too many people to share your sentiment right now.
The media always has a very short memory. For an example of what they were saying just over two weeks look no further than my sig. And remember when the Rams were going to be a dynasty? Or how about the 96 Packers? And how many Super Bowls did those teams win?

A few years from now, when the Colts and their cap problems have imploded and the Patriots have won perhaps another Super Bowl or two (and remember how very close we were to doing that THIS year), history will look at this very differently. For now, let the media shine their narrow, flighty spotlight on the Colts. They earned their fifteen minutes of fame.

As good as the Salary Cap has been - let's look at the games we've been treated with.

Niners vs. Chargers - lousy game
Cowboys vs. Steelers - it was a solid game
Packers vs. Pats - kind of like Super Bowl 41
Broncos vs. Packers - excellent game
Broncos vs. Falcons - pathetic game
Rams vs. Titans - good game
Ravens vs. Giants - arguably the worst Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Rams - arguably the BEST Super Bowl ever
Buccaneers vs. Raiders - probably the worst Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Panters - probably the BEST Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Eagles - decent game that was made more exciting with the onside kick.
Steelers vs. Seahawks - boring snoozer but at least it was somewhat close
Colts vs. Bears - an exhibition in bad football... could have made a nice drinking game -- "when Grossman fumbles or throws an INT you take a shot..."

So really there's less than half the games since 1994 that have even been good.

The only solice behind it is in a year we can all say to ourselves "remember last year when the Colts won... man that was a lousy Super Bowl, thank goodness the Pats got their title back..."

We are the best football team ever.

Period.

Only in a "what have you done for me lately" world.

(2000-2006 seasons)

HEAD-TO-HEAD WINS (Reg/Post/Total)
NE- 5/2/7
IND- 3/1/4

DIVISION TITLES
NE - 5
IND - 5

AFC TITLES
NE- 3
IND- 1

SUPER BOWL TITLES
NE - 3
IND - 1

PLAYOFF WINS
NE - 12
IND - 7

REG SEASON WINS
NE - 75
IND - 74

OVERALL WINS
NE - 87
IND - 81

As of now, New England holds the edge over a worthy adversary. Our title as team of the decade (or century) can be secured with the SB next season.

Where are you seeing this?

The colts beat the top three defensives in football, three in a row.
Actually, the Bears were a below average to bad defense after they lost a few starters. Their defense now is carried statistically from the first 60% or so of the season.

As good as the Salary Cap has been - let's look at the games we've been treated with.

Niners vs. Chargers - lousy game
Cowboys vs. Steelers - it was a solid game
Packers vs. Pats - kind of like Super Bowl 41
Broncos vs. Packers - excellent game
Broncos vs. Falcons - pathetic game
Rams vs. Titans - good game
Ravens vs. Giants - arguably the worst Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Rams - arguably the BEST Super Bowl ever
Buccaneers vs. Raiders - probably the worst Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Panters - probably the BEST Super Bowl ever
Patriots vs. Eagles - decent game that was made more exciting with the onside kick.
Steelers vs. Seahawks - boring snoozer but at least it was somewhat close
Colts vs. Bears - an exhibition in bad football... could have made a nice drinking game -- "when Grossman fumbles or throws an INT you take a shot..."

So really there's less than half the games since 1994 that have even been good.

The only solice behind it is in a year we can all say to ourselves "remember last year when the Colts won... man that was a lousy Super Bowl, thank goodness the Pats got their title back..."

Pats/Rams and Pats/Panthers had to be 2 of the most exciting SB's no matter who you rooted for. The Eagles game was close for awhile,too. Certainly the Eagles at least made a run at it-clock management screwed them in the end as I remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore