PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release Greg Lewis, claim UDFA S Bret Lockett (Browns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense for a strong safety who is expected to play special teams.[

QUOTE=BradyBranch39;1491084]Talked to a Browns fan about Lockett:
Tackling was very good, but his coverage wasn't too hot.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense for a strong safety who is expected to play special teams.[

QUOTE=BradyBranch39;1491084]Talked to a Browns fan about Lockett:
Tackling was very good, but his coverage wasn't too hot.
[/QUOTE]

A poor man's Sanders?

yeah, but probably not that good.

Belichick has carried five or six safeties in the past with the idea that safeties, especially free safeties are often great special teamers. I wouldn't expect Lockett to get reps other than on special teams. However, if he is any good, he could make a career at playing special teams. Perhaps in the future he could be a backup safety, perhaps even enxt eyar of McGowan doesn't stay.

A poor man's Sanders?[/QUOTE]

Then package the 5s and move up to the 4th round or something instead of trading them for known crappy players that you know wont make the team.

Known crappy players that you know won't make the team? WOW. I guess you expect BB to be clairvoyant or something. How the hell could he possibly know that Smith and Lewis wouldn't make the team. Also, Lewis initially made the team and was cut 2 days after cutdowns. When he was cut, the Pats added a Safety who is an excellent special teamer since they have one who suffered a pretty serious hyper-extension of his elbow. Heck, the swelling might just starting to go down so they could actually take a proper MRI of the area.

126 posts about the 4th receiver, complete with the comments about how Bill is destroying this team by wasting draft picks... reminds me last year of the "hot" discussions over the punter... get a grip folks we are about 180 hours from kick off...

Re: Pats release Greg Lewis, claim UDFA S Bret Lockett (Jets, Browns)

You're just a contrarian! This was a great way to get rid of an overpriced 5th round pick and get a much more affordable 7th.

In BB we trust! ;)

I don't mean to be contrarian and all, but how many picks have we now thrown away this offseason? I count at least three off the top of my head.

Alex Smith lands in Philly ,according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Re: Pats release Greg Lewis, claim UDFA S Bret Lockett (Jets, Browns)

I don't mean to be contrarian and all, but how many picks have we now thrown away this offseason? I count at least three off the top of my head.

Oh crap, not you again. That sig is... um. The...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft