PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats receive 3 comp picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittsburgh fans have been berserk over this. For future reference, apparently the explanation is included in the secret formula. One of the secrets was the comp for players with 10 or more seasons is capped at a 5th rounder irrespective of the contract they sign or the amount they play or their post season awards... Faneca was in his 12th season.

Steelers Notebook: Faneca's departure plays role in Steelers' extra pick

dumb rule. Though they won the superbowl so they can at least enjoy that.

I agree. With all of the picks, bundle some to move up in the first to grab LSU's Jackson.

dumb rule. Though they won the superbowl so they can at least enjoy that.

Actually I think the rule makes perfect sense. Don't want to be handing out 3rd round comp picks like candy because they devalue all the picks that come after them. This eliminates the loss of the older player signing the phony backloaded FA deal he may be worth for 1 or 2 more years at most being treated just like the 20 something stud lost in his prime to his first big deal.

I do think it's a dumb rule that the compensation formula is treated like a classified government secret.

Actually I think the rule makes perfect sense. Don't want to be handing out 3rd round comp picks like candy because they devalue all the picks that come after them. This eliminates the loss of the older player signing the phony backloaded FA deal he may be worth for 1 or 2 more years at most being treated just like the 20 something stud lost in his prime to his first big deal.

I do think it's a dumb rule that the compensation formula is treated like a classified government secret.
Yeah, I agree. A Pro-Bowl player with four years of service is worth a whole lot more than a Pro-Bowl player that has been around for twelve years - though that age affects a lineman a lot less than a RB or CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back