PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign WR Jeremy Ebert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. I really liked this kid anyway. Glad hes back!

If you think we're happy, imagine how he feels to leave Philly for New England

Is this to the PS or to the roster. Because it could have an impact. It all would have been a no brainer if the freakin' Eagles hadn't poached Salas. Meanwhile, either way, it still raises questions about Edelman playing on Sunday.

Is this to the PS or to the roster. Because it could have an impact. It all would have been a no brainer if the freakin' Eagles hadn't poached Salas. Meanwhile, either way, it still raises questions about Edelman playing on Sunday.

FWIW, the Pats waived Salas to sign Markus Zusevics. . . . who didn't end up playing.

Per Bedard tweet. Edelman related? Fills Cunningham's roster spot.

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/273449951852376064

I'm guessing if they were replacing Edelman, they would have signed Branch or someone who can make an immediate impact since, based on the post-game lockerroom video from Thursday, Edelman won't be out for long.

My guess is they like the guy and decided to use their empty roster spot to reclaim him.

Last edited:
hope he sticks.

Could do with having a young WR on the roster next year.

Thank God. Now we can stop comparing the 2012 draft to 2006-2009.

Vs the Jets they only had WW, Edelman, Lloyd and Slater avail as WR anyway but I do agree that the signing makes me think that Edelman's concussion may keep him out a bit longer...

I'm guessing if they were replacing Edelman, they would have signed Branch or someone who can make an immediate impact since, based on the post-game lockerroom video from Thursday, Edelman won't be out for long.

My guess is they like the guy and decided to use their empty roster spot to reclaim him.

Branch may still be injured.

I don't expect Ebert to see a ball come his way, just like I didn't expect a ball to come Salas's way. Brady has to trust a guy before he starts throwing to him. Ebert probably wil;l see special teams play. BTW, how many receptions does Shiancoe have ? and he's been active for 3 weeks. Brady will throw to WW, Hernandez and LLoyd this week, IF Edelman is out. If Edelman plays, it'll be those 4 guys Brady targets. It takes quite a while before Brady trusts someone.

On the other hand, I do like Ebert's speed, and obviously he was quite productive in college. Another former QB turned WR. And I do remember Ebert catching a few in preseason (dropping a few too).

You all know who is having a decent year considering we picked him up off the streets last year. I sure wished we would have kept him ove Nocho Cinco...That is Tiquan Underwood. The guy more of a WR than Slater though that's not saying much...he would have been a nice 4th or 5th guy.

Tiquan Underwood Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ESPN

Delighted for the kid.

considering how he handled being dumped pre Superbowl.

hope he sticks somewhere.

And love the Hair-do.

I don't expect Ebert to see a ball come his way, just like I didn't expect a ball to come Salas's way. Brady has to trust a guy before he starts throwing to him. Ebert probably wil;l see special teams play. BTW, how many receptions does Shiancoe have ? and he's been active for 3 weeks. Brady will throw to WW, Hernandez and LLoyd this week, IF Edelman is out. If Edelman plays, it'll be those 4 guys Brady targets. It takes quite a while before Brady trusts someone.

On the other hand, I do like Ebert's speed, and obviously he was quite productive in college. Another former QB turned WR. And I do remember Ebert catching a few in preseason (dropping a few too).

Not to be facetious, then, but why did Brady target Edelman 16(?) times in his first regular-season game?

The guy more of a WR than Slater though that's not saying much...

Slater is also a team captain and a probowl level special teams player.

Not to be facetious, then, but why did Brady target Edelman 16(?) times in his first regular-season game?

You do realize this is Edelman's 3rd year right ?

I don't recall-- did Ebert have any preseason reps as a punt returner?

Even if Julian Edelman is able to play, it might be wise to give him a day off from punt return duties, and Wes as well (other than in obvious fair catch scenarios) since he's had a ankle sprain

You do realize this is Edelman's 3rd year right ?

Actually, it's his fourth, and I was referring to Edelman's 2009 game against the JEST.

Last edited:

Edelman was replacing Welker in the slot, and Galloway and Aiken were both screwing up on the field. Brady was pretty much down to Moss and Edelman as options in that game.

I don't recall-- did Ebert have any preseason reps as a punt returner?

Even if Julian Edelman is able to play, it might be wise to give him a day off from punt return duties, and Wes as well (other than in obvious fair catch scenarios) since he's had a ankle sprain

FWIW, I watched Ebert pretty closely during TC and was impressed by his speed and shiftiness. I figured, "wow, he's gonna be a keeper". But then I also noted how he kept getting corrected by coaches on little things like what appeared to be hand placement, where to make cuts, etc...Also, he did take PR drills and fumbled or misread about 60% of them. I found it extremely interesting to see how different fielding punts and kickoffs was. The former seems to be much tougher. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST