PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign WR Jeremy Ebert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's one way of looking at it.

To be fair, Armchair is at least partially correct on that point. Brady did freeze Scott with his eyes just enough to put him out of position before he hit Vereen. I do disagree, though, that Vereen had very little to do with it, unless Armchair can somehow make an argument that Brady's throw was so hard that it propelled Vereen into the end zone without Vereen having to exert any effort.

Other than that, the rest of your post is maximum pwnage.

Vs the Jets they only had WW, Edelman, Lloyd and Slater avail as WR anyway but I do agree that the signing makes me think that Edelman's concussion may keep him out a bit longer...

I think its more a question of having an open roster spot because of JM's suspension and wanting to have more than 4 WR's on the roster (if you even consider Slater a WR).

Edelman should be fine 10 days for a head injury should be enough.

To be fair, Armchair is at least partially correct on that point. Brady did freeze Scott with his eyes just enough to put him out of position before he hit Vereen. I do disagree, though, that Vereen had very little to do with it, unless Armchair can somehow make an argument that Brady's throw was so hard that it propelled Vereen into the end zone without Vereen having to exert any effort.

"What I’m saying is that guys was in a bad position because of the play call we were in," Cromartie said. "We ran cover-3 and we were in that coverage. Bart Scott was in a bad position because he was too far inside. It’s hard for him to cover a guy when when we basically have man-on-man coverage from zone coverage without safety or corner to that side. It was kind of hard, we should have went to another scheme or putting Scott and put a safety on the wheel and put Bart on the inside guy on the curl route. It was things like that. We got to go back and look at it."

Cromartie said that it was the secondary that made the check to that defense and the onus was on them...

Mistakes doom Jets on defense against Patriots | NJ.com

Sorry if I was unclear...I meant that in response to the entire quoted portion, not simply the bit giving credit to Brady for the play. Which I wholeheartedly agree with...though I'm sure we can cite lots of examples of Brady's awesomeness making individual players on offense look a lot better than they would were they playing with Blaine Gabbert. And rest assured Vereen also benefited handsomely from the fact that Bart Scott appears to have had his cleats cast in lead these days.

You're right. You've cited him in 91 posts and a cursory examination would find the same negative and dismissive outlook from you in the lion's share of them. But, hey, you never said he sucked so I'll concede the point!

I simply don't see the superstar in waiting that others apparently do. Third down back with limitations as a runner, good hands.

Well, no, not really. Back then you claimed he lacked NFL speed and suddenness, and now you say he's "best at using his speed to get outside" and "if the line creates a big hole his speed can turn it into a big play."

You do have a point that he's not a powerful back...then again, was anyone ever expecting he'd be one?

Straight line speed is one thing, what I meant by NFL speed is the suddenness or the ability to make people miss that I have not seen in him.

Others have argued his size/strength should give him an edge over Woodhead.

Thankfully he's learned how to block since August!

Wasn't that last years excuse why he was active for only five games?

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Yes it is, the correct way.

I simply don't see the superstar in waiting that others apparently do. Third down back with limitations as a runner, good hands.

Ah, yes. The mysterious (some might even say nonexistent) "superstar in waiting" crowd. Do we all get secret decoder rings as a token of our membership?

No, that's what you were saying three months ago.

Well, better hope he gets injured or starts sucking so you can continue to bask in the the comforting glow of righteousness.

Feel free to carry on with this nonsense, I'm moving on.

Update

Ebert to PS Develin (!) to 53.

I thought that when you signed another team's practice squader, you had to sign him to your 53?

It's very strange. Maybe he was cut by Philly outright? Which doesn't speak well of his abilities.

I think Salas was the best bet.

They should have cut Rivera or white or something.

Yes, let's cut Rivera or White (an up and coming special teams maven and a current special teams maven) for a WR who got cut during camp? Makes a ton of sense.. :rolleyes:

Re: Update

Ebert to PS Develin (!) to 53.

I really think BB makes half these moves just to baffle our board.

But this time I'm going out on a limb and saying promoting an Ivy League developmental player at a position we don't use (fb), who's only recently switched from defense, is just what we need right now.

Develin?

OK.

??

Google tells me he was a defensive end at Brown who ran a 5.03 40 yard dash.

Beyond that I couldn't tell you a thing.

Last edited:
He'll be on the team until Monday. Then cut again to make room for Bolden.

And he'll be claimed by the Eagles on Tuesday.:)

I bet Greg Salas won't be hard to convince to come back next year.

Gotta feel horrible leaving the Pats and going to such a disfunctional organization.

Has Ebert improved since the pre-season? He sure could not catch then - I assume he is better now. Anyway, he is still better than Branch.

Ebert spent the past few months watching film and working hard with Coach Siskel....
toocool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference