PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place 8 on Active/PUP: Sey, Troy, Chad, D. Thomas, KW, JH, EJ, MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to note that the title of this thread makes a heck of a puzzle for the hardcore Patsfan. How many of the initials could you identify?
Depends. I got them all if Chad = Chad Scott, and D. Thomas = Dalius Thomas :bricks:

Depends. I got them all if Chad = Chad Scott, and D. Thomas = Dalius Thomas :bricks:

Quick tally...

Brady: 2
Brown: 3
Jackson: 2
Smith: 3
Thomas: 3

Chad: 2
Kyle: 2
Matt: 3
Mike: 4
Tom: 2

So the award for most confusing Patriots name goes to...

Chad Brown with a total score of 5! He narrowly beats out Kyle Brady, Tom Brady and Chad Jackson.

Kelley Washington is signed through 2011 according to Miguel. Most of the wr's are signed for the short term. Perhaps they hide him on PUP/IR for the season, letting him be around the team and learn the playbook. They can always yank him off of PUP in week 6-10 if injuries mount.

*SIGH* You really should read the pages more carefully. Miguel says that Washington is signed through 2011 IF the Patriots pick up his option after this year. This has been talked about Ad Nasuem. Both Stallworth and Washington are basically on deal that are 1 year plus 4 year options. Basically, if the Pats don't pick up the options, they become free agents at the end of this year.

So much to say here.... I agree with Bleachers (post #24) that Hairston needs practice, obviously. I hate to see ANY potential RB relief out of action.

Bradford has a fascinating theory (post #27) about red-shirting Washington. I didn't think he's making the roster this season, so it makes a lot of sense, at least if his health is iffy.

Given what we knew before today, I am most worried by seeing Hairston, then Seymour, then Washington. However, wouldn't it actually be nice if Seymour first played around Week 5, and was that much fresher all year long? Clearly he knows what to do when he gets out there.

Chad Jackson isn't too disappointing because a) it was expected, and b) he's a bust.

Thomas was expected to be on PUP, but it's a crime he can't be there honing his skills. He's a serious part of our near future!

I didn't realize Mel Mitchell was still on the team! Would love to see him out there on special teams.

How can posters claim to know Jackson is a bust after 1 season? HTF do you know that Jackson is a bust? Because he didn't live up to your blown out of proportion expectations for a rookie WR? Give me a break. The kid was doing everything the Pats asked him prior to his knee injury. He was playing special teams. He was blocking during the running game. DAMN.

And before someone makes a stupid statement about Jackson not being out there on passing plays, you need to stop and think about where BB felt his talent was best used. Earning his stripes on special teams. If you think you're smarter than BB, great, maybe you should get a coaching job in the NFL. Personally, I lay my money on BB.

Long list of PUPs...Seymour kind of surprises me. Chad Jackson doesn't.

someone stopped taking his happy pills

Medication Time !

Not the complete PUP list..as Tomase/Breer point out...conditioning run is tomorrow and a few may be added...VERY interesting.

Not the complete PUP list..as Tomase/Breer point out...conditioning run is tomorrow and a few may be added...VERY interesting.

Although on PFW in Progress today, they said a lot of the players are already here and some of them have already taken the run. But yeah, I'm sure we might see another be added tomorrow.

Although on PFW in Progress today, they said a lot of the players are already here and some of them have already taken the run. But yeah, I'm sure we might see another be added tomorrow.
With physicals and the run..then we may. Didn't know many took it today. Did they mention anything about any possible cuts?? Or why there have not been any?

With physicals and the run..then we may. Didn't know many took it today. Did they mention anything about any possible cuts?? Or why there have not been any?

Nope, not that I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference