PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place 8 on Active/PUP: Sey, Troy, Chad, D. Thomas, KW, JH, EJ, MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and no Meriweather. Or does the fact that he has yet to sign restrict him from being placed on pup?
No...Meriweather COULD be on PUP...actually since there have been NO practices...Stallworth COULD be on PUP as well.

BTW...FSN just ended and they got it wrong again, talking about how Jackson (Chad) would be unavailable till game 6. Unless I am missing something, they are confusing the Active (training Camp) PUP with the Reserve PUP. It figures...

BTW...FSN just ended and they got it wrong again, talking about how Jackson (Chad) would be unavailable till game 6. Unless I am missing something, they are confusing the Active (training Camp) PUP with the Reserve PUP. It figures...

I think they might have been citing the Breer story that Jackson would go on the PUP to start the season. I'll have to read that article over - I can't remember if Breer specifically said the reserve/PUP.

I'm disappointed that Washington and Hairston won't get looks early - they're new and could use the work. It'd be a shame for either one to get cut without getting a chance to show what he could do.

Let Seymour and Troy Brown rest all they want. :)

ALL of those guys could see plenty of "early" action. This PUP is not the same as the other one - they could come off PUP on Saturday.

Seymour had surgery this offseason so im fine with him being there...nothing suprising.

Kelley Washington is signed through 2011 according to Miguel. Most of the wr's are signed for the short term. Perhaps they hide him on PUP/IR for the season, letting him be around the team and learn the playbook. They can always yank him off of PUP in week 6-10 if injuries mount.

I think they might have been citing the Breer story that Jackson would go on the PUP to start the season. I'll have to read that article over - I can't remember if Breer specifically said the reserve/PUP.
I am NOT sure where THEY got their info..given other things happening with Fox (that turned out not true)..but Breer's article is talking about the TC PUP...active PUP..and that is what I could NOT understand at all. IN a few minutes, I'll see FSN sports and see if they change their tune. I do expect better from these so-called sports experts...(which is I like Reis, Curran)

I think this is training camp PUP, so Washington is not done yet, neither is Seymoer.. Remember Harrison started on PUP last training camp as well..

The Pats have a history of not rushing back veterans and playing them on the PUP when they have minor injuries, Belichick has placed both Law and McGinest on the training camp PUP for relatively minor injuries where they missed less than a week of camp.

I think this is training camp PUP, so Washington is not done yet, neither is Seymoer.. Remember Harrison started on PUP last training camp as well..
McGinest always started slow...so did Seymour last year. Last year it was Pass, Childress, CJackson, Koppen, Kaczur, Seymour, JSullivan, Gay, Harrison and Paxton.

Not looking good for Washington...

Washington isn't done, but he is quickly working his way off the final 53 man roster. He had a horrible mini-camp and now he is on the PUP. He is in a tight race to get a WR position to begin with. The longer he isn't practicing, the less likely he can beat Caldwell or Gaffney out for a spot. Especially since he has been injury prone the last few years.

Kelley Washington is signed through 2011 according to Miguel. Most of the wr's are signed for the short term. Perhaps they hide him on PUP/IR for the season, letting him be around the team and learn the playbook. They can always yank him off of PUP in week 6-10 if injuries mount.

IIRC Washington has a contract similar to Stallworth, where year 1 is really cheap and the commitment is made at year 2. Unless he impresses this year he's probably gone.

So much to say here.... I agree with Bleachers (post #24) that Hairston needs practice, obviously. I hate to see ANY potential RB relief out of action.

Bradford has a fascinating theory (post #27) about red-shirting Washington. I didn't think he's making the roster this season, so it makes a lot of sense, at least if his health is iffy.

Given what we knew before today, I am most worried by seeing Hairston, then Seymour, then Washington. However, wouldn't it actually be nice if Seymour first played around Week 5, and was that much fresher all year long? Clearly he knows what to do when he gets out there.

Chad Jackson isn't too disappointing because a) it was expected, and b) he's a bust.

Thomas was expected to be on PUP, but it's a crime he can't be there honing his skills. He's a serious part of our near future!

I didn't realize Mel Mitchell was still on the team! Would love to see him out there on special teams.

Just wanted to note that the title of this thread makes a heck of a puzzle for the hardcore Patsfan. How many of the initials could you identify?

Just wanted to note that the title of this thread makes a heck of a puzzle for the hardcore Patsfan. How many of the initials could you identify?

All of them.

('Cause I authored it...:D)

Not looking good for Washington...

I'm not so sure it's looking bad either. They put him on PUP so he continues to collect pay checks and he doesn't have chance to give the Pats a reason to cut him.

IIRC Washington has a contract similar to Stallworth, where year 1 is really cheap and the commitment is made at year 2. Unless he impresses this year he's probably gone.
Not a problem. I'd rather have the second round picks we're going to get for him and Gaffney when the other teams get into a bidding war for these solid #2 receivers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back