PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats picked as one of 8 teams with no shot at a SB this year

R.E. 2001 comparison...is there a once in a lifetime quarterback in Foxboro that we don't know about right now????
1. You are a massive tool
2. You bviously either weren’t old enough to watch in 2001 or weren’t paying attention, if you think that Brady was the key to their first championship.

How many game winning drives did Brady lead that year? If you can prove that you and the other Brady forgivers were doing nothing but praying they could hold on for each game they played that year, including the playoffs, then you can start posting stupid **** like this.

We wouldn't even have been in the first Super Bowl if it wasn't for Belichick. In fact there are quotes out there of Brady admitting that we were lucky Drew took over, because Pittsburgh was starting to figure him out and he didn't know what to do.

BB held his hand from the start and he turned on his coach in the end, just like all the other diva QBs. Don't believe me, try and tell me how his Miami fling was the best thing for the Patriots.
Bro this post is pretty stupid itself

and to answer your original question he had four 4th quarter comebacks that's a quarter of a season

I think for the first time in 3 years we are going to have a slot receiver who can get open quickly in pop I expect that to open up the plays for everyone . And we are discounting the growth of Bourne in his 3rd season. I have a feeling that the offense is really going to surprise everyone.

How many game winning drives did Brady lead that year? If you can prove that you and the other Brady forgivers were doing nothing but praying they could hold on for each game they played that year, including the playoffs, then you can start posting stupid **** like this.

We wouldn't even have been in the first Super Bowl if it wasn't for Belichick. In fact there are quotes out there of Brady admitting that we were lucky Drew took over, because Pittsburgh was starting to figure him out and he didn't know what to do.

BB held his hand from the start and he turned on his coach in the end, just like all the other diva QBs. Don't believe me, try and tell me how his Miami fling was the best thing for the Patriots.
Geez

and to answer your original question he had four 4th quarter comebacks that's a quarter of a season
Not to mention the offense was more productive

And that was with Terry Glenn getting kicked off the team

I think for the first time in 3 years we are going to have a slot receiver who can get open quickly in pop I expect that to open up the plays for everyone . And we are discounting the growth of Bourne in his 3rd season. I have a feeling that the offense is really going to surprise everyone.
Well, they left a lot of room in the preason for surprises. So that may be a low bar.

I've told myself a few times that they were so confident in how they practiced that they didn't need to do anything or reveal anything in those preseason games. But I'm a dreamer.

same shit GIF

It was night and day different with Brady in 2001.

Just like Zappe last year when the Bambino went down. The offense actually functioned.

Agreed. But Zappe was and is Reactionary not Anticipatory which never works long term.

Brady may not have been incredible in 2001, but he led game winning drives and actually played pretty well given the talent around him on offense that year.
The problem we all have with Brady is that we tend to judge his 2001 season based off of what we know he became.

Here are the facts.

The Pats were 5-11 in 2000 and started 2001 at 0-2. Brady came in and led those same players and coaches to 11-3 the rest of the season and 3-0 in the playoffs. That was in spite of a clear attempt to end his season in Pissburgh on a dirty hit. That pretty much says it all.

Not sure why people are fighting about Brady within 1 page. This post is about the 2023 team’s playoff/SB chances.

Obviously they aren’t high but I don’t think they have “no shot”. All it takes is for Mac to be closer to his Alabama self and for the OL to be somewhat average, and will put them in most games thanks to their defense.

Then if you make the playoffs, it’s possible that they craft great game plans against each individual team they face and squeak out a couple individual wins and make the big dance. It’s not an insane thought. They’re not the Cardinals.

Well, they left a lot of room in the preason for surprises. So that may be a low bar.

I've told myself a few times that they were so confident in how they practiced that they didn't need to do anything or reveal anything in those preseason games. But I'm a dreamer.

It is good to dream as long as you are realistic too. Both can happen.

He played way better than Bledslow.

Consistent QB play and clutch QB play. Once of the announcers said that Brady was an Anticipatory Passer and Bledsoe was a Reactionary Passer. Spot on the money.

Brady's arm was not weak either.
What really separated Brady was his brain.

Not sure why people are fighting about Brady within 1 page. This post is about the 2023 team’s playoff/SB chances.

Obviously they aren’t high but I don’t think they have “no shot”. All it takes is for Mac to be closer to his Alabama self and for the OL to be somewhat average, and will put them in most games thanks to their defense.

Then if you make the playoffs, it’s possible that they craft great game plans against each individual team they face and squeak out a couple individual wins and make the big dance. It’s not an insane thought. They’re not the Cardinals.
I've been multi-tasking.

Technically, since Brady only started 14 of the 16 games, it was 29% of a season.

Whoever this guy is obviously has an itch towards New England and the giants. My outlook on the season isn’t great either for either team (predicting 8 wins for us) but theres zero reason to lump them both in with those teams other than some personal grudge.
Cmon Patsy, the media hold grudges??????? You forget that win or lose, to the media it IS all about them. And for 20 years they have had to lay prostrate in front of the altar of Belechick and sweat for EVERY mind numbing quote that said nothing from the HC that told them IN ADVANCE that he won't say anything interesting unless its 30 minutes on the ins and outs and history of the of punt formation. So now after 2 of the last 3 seasons out of the Playoffs YOU don't think that carrying the pitchforks ANY chance they get is BEYOND them!

The old saying in Boston from back when I was growing up, "forget about the Sox, Celts, Pats, and Bruins, the REAL favorite sports in Boston are politics and REVENGE". And those are full contact sports in this town. Better batten down the Hatches, kid. It is going to get bloody.

The problem we all have with Brady is that we tend to judge his 2001 season based off of what we know he became.

Here are the facts.

The Pats were 5-11 in 2000 and started 2001 at 0-2. Brady came in and led those same players and coaches to 11-3 the rest of the season and 3-0 in the playoffs. That was in spite of a clear attempt to end his season in Pissburgh on a dirty hit. That pretty much says it all.
You should know better than THIS 1960. You know there are a LOT more to winning football games than JUST who your QB is. Especially a 2nd year guy who probably had his worst statistical year of his career that season. But at BEST that season he was a very efficient "game manager", who WAS remarkably cool under pressure. You ARE aware that Tom had just 145 passing yds the superbowl game and the offense accounted for just 13 points? So DON'T tell me it was "all about Tom Brady, and DISRESPECT the great work the Pats did on defense and the kicking game as WELL as the other 10 guys on offense

I just went back and checked stat muse and they had the Pats ranked 19th in total yds that year. If Mac leads them to a 19th ranking this year, you will be at his house to pack his bags.....but not in 2001? How many games did they win that year because of TO's, defense, smart situational football and not just QB play. And if QB are the end all and be all, why hasn't the supposed "most gifted QB ever to play the game, Aaron, piss in my pants, Rodgers only been there ONCE in 20 yrs. Or other great QB's like Rivers who didn't get to one or Marino who only got to one. Or all the mediocre QB's who got there or won one or two

Sorry, but I'm getting a little heated here, I couldn't sleep, stopped by to relax a bit and ended all fired up. We LOVE football because there is NO other major team sport where the success of one player relies so much on So MANY other players to succeed, And making it "all about Brady" just pisses me off. Christ it would piss BRADY off. At least I know HE understands this.

You should know better than THIS 1960. You know there are a LOT more to winning football games than JUST who your QB is. Especially a 2nd year guy who probably had his worst statistical year of his career that season. But at BEST that season he was a very efficient "game manager", who WAS remarkably cool under pressure. You ARE aware that Tom had just 145 passing yds the superbowl game and the offense accounted for just 13 points? So DON'T tell me it was "all about Tom Brady, and DISRESPECT the great work the Pats did on defense and the kicking game as WELL as the other 10 guys on offense

I just went back and checked stat muse and they had the Pats ranked 19th in total yds that year. If Mac leads them to a 19th ranking this year, you will be at his house to pack his bags.....but not in 2001? How many games did they win that year because of TO's, defense, smart situational football and not just QB play. And if QB are the end all and be all, why hasn't the supposed "most gifted QB ever to play the game, Aaron, piss in my pants, Rodgers only been there ONCE in 20 yrs. Or other great QB's like Rivers who didn't get to one or Marino who only got to one. Or all the mediocre QB's who got there or won one or two

Sorry, but I'm getting a little heated here, I couldn't sleep, stopped by to relax a bit and ended all fired up. We LOVE football because there is NO other major team sport where the success of one player relies so much on So MANY other players to succeed, And making it "all about Brady" just pisses me off. Christ it would piss BRADY off. At least I know HE understands this.
Have a cup of coffee. Maybe 2 cups.

Here are the facts.

Yup.
Easy to forget how filthy that hit really was.

6:16

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back