PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to re-sign Matt Light to avoid domino effect to OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to bother with the rest of it, but there is absolutely no way we start the year with Vollmer at LT and Solder at RT and then switch them during the year.

Faced with pure logic and you won't bother with it. Vollmer's rookie year he started at LT for light when he was injured ( 6 weeks)and finished the year at RT. So you are saying that there is "NO WAY" He could do the same thing this year to give Soldier some game reps before being moved to LT.

How do you defend your statement?

Pure ********* your style of trying to disect everyones statements into individual sentences does not change the full impact of the total statement.
The point is to be clear on what I am addressing.

You are wrong, The team had all of last year to extend him if they wanted to!!!
You speak as if they could force him to extend. IIRC there were talks and they went nowhere.

Vollemer's FIRST possition on the team was to replace Light for six weeks in his rookie season. What does asking Kazuur being asked to take a cut have to do with the depth chart, and Levoir has been the first backup at T for the last three years, how is that the same as Maniri who has NEVER took a snap as a Tackle.
It doesnt matter which side you want to put Vollmer on, we went in to the draft with 1 reliable T.
The reports were that Kaczur was told he wold need to take a paycut or be cut. He said he will not take one. Go ahead and count on that guy to start for you, BB wont. LeVoir has played sparingly and unremarkably. Change Maneri to Levoir in my comments if you wish, it leaves the Pats in the same boat.

At the moment Page is the ONLY player who they may wish to retain who is not under contract or with the FT.
Well we are speaking only about at the moment.

Light will do what is best for his FAMILY and his SELF which is cash in on his last contract of his career. That is what it is based on. WHAT... in you fantacy world he will give all that up so you and the team can be happy.
Those were not your comments. Your comments were he will demand more than the Patriots will pay and get it elsewhere. "He will do whats best for his family" is a statement I accept, but it does nothing to prove your comments.

Check out BB's background,upbringing,schooling, read his books, learn his philosiphy.
I've done all that, which is why I asked what you are talking about. Perhaps you should do all of that, and revisit your comment.

One point, Your use of the term YOUR instead of OUR when talking of the Pats or their players is very telling.
Telling of what? Did you even read the one sentence I used that term in?

You chalenged me on every sentence of my post and were wrong on all!!
OK great. BBs long military history has led him to having every contract and draft pick plotted out for the next 10 years and he has never been in a position where he had to do something out of need, or lost a player he wanted to keep. Matt Light could have been forced to extend his contract, and BB has never had a players contract expire and go into Free Agency that he wanted to keep.
Does that sum up everything you were 'right' about?

Faced with pure logic and you won't bother with it. Vollmer's rookie year he started at LT for light when he was injured ( 6 weeks)and finished the year at RT. So you are saying that there is "NO WAY" He could do the same thing this year to give Soldier some game reps before being moved to LT.

How do you defend your statement?
Vollmer filled in at LT when the LT was injured. That is nothing like what you suggest.
You are suggesting that this is BBs plan:

Make Volmer change positions.
Make Solder change positions.
Then half way through the season make them change again.
What is the point. It makes no sense.

I don't have to defend my statement other than to say my statement was refuting a moronic idea.

Vollmer filled in at LT when the LT was injured. That is nothing like what you suggest.
You are suggesting that this is BBs plan:

Make Volmer change positions.
Make Solder change positions.
Then half way through the season make them change again.
What is the point. It makes no sense.

I don't have to defend my statement other than to say my statement was refuting a moronic idea.

How do you know the line won't be more effective with Vollmer on the Left and Solder on the right? Vollmer has shown his versatility on the line, Solder is an unknown regarding his ability to play on the right.

How do you know the line won't be more effective with Vollmer on the Left and Solder on the right? Vollmer has shown his versatility on the line, Solder is an unknown regarding his ability to play on the right.

Solder is coming off of a very poor strength showing at the combine. Why would you want him playing the power side of the line?

The point is to be clear on what I am addressing.

You speak as if they could force him to extend. IIRC there were talks and they went nowhere.

NEVER SAID THEY COULD FORCE HIM TO SIGN. NEVER SAID THEY EVEN OFFERED.

It doesnt matter which side you want to put Vollmer on, we went in to the draft with 1 reliable T.
The reports were that Kaczur was told he wold need to take a paycut or be cut. He said he will not take one. Go ahead and count on that guy to start for you, BB wont. LeVoir has played sparingly and unremarkably. Change Maneri to Levoir in my comments if you wish, it leaves the Pats in the same boat.

KACZUR WAS NEVER THREATENED WITH BEING CUT! FANTACY!
MANARI IS A CONVERTED TE ON THE PS. MUCH DIFFERENT THAN A 3 YEAR ACTIVE GAMEDAY ROSTER PLAYER.

Well we are speaking only about at the moment.

WHEN ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?? DUHH!

Those were not your comments. Your comments were he will demand more than the Patriots will pay and get it elsewhere. "He will do whats best for his family" is a statement I accept, but it does nothing to prove your comments.

EXACT SAME THING.WHY ELSE WILL HE ASK FOR MORE THAN THE PATS WILL PAY?

I've done all that, which is why I asked what you are talking about. Perhaps you should do all of that, and revisit your comment.

Telling of what? Did you even read the one sentence I used that term in?

CAUGHT!

OK great. BBs long military history has led him to having every contract and draft pick plotted out for the next 10 years and he has never been in a position where he had to do something out of need, or lost a player he wanted to keep. Matt Light could have been forced to extend his contract, and BB has never had a players contract expire and go into Free Agency that he wanted to keep.
Does that sum up everything you were 'right' about?

DENCE!! Go back and read the original post. You distorted every sentance the first time you comented and again you further distort the point to where nothing is the same as the original post.

DENCE!! Go back and read the original post. You distorted every sentance the first time you comented and again you further distort the point to where nothing is the same as the original post.
You don't even make sense.

1) When we drafted T was a HUGE need.
2) Light was not part of the decision, because Light was not on the roster.

The other nonsense about BBs ficitcious military background and you not understanding the use of 'your', or you refusing to accept reports of Kaczur in danger of being cut, is frankly, a waste of time.

I'm not even commenting on that, I'm commenting on the hair-brained idea that we would put Vollmer at LT and Solder at RT for half the year, then switch them for the second half.

You don't even make sense.

1) When we drafted T was a HUGE need.
2) Light was not part of the decision, because Light was not on the roster.

The other nonsense about BBs ficitcious military background and you not understanding the use of 'your', or you refusing to accept reports of Kaczur in danger of being cut, is frankly, a waste of time.

Its obvious your level of reading comprehension is very low. Militiristic background is NOT military background, your words. Saying your team or your players is telling. NO REPORT ever said more than Kaczur was asked to take a reduction in pay, now being a backup. There is no report from the team or any reliable sourse stateing the alternative was to be cut. The only waste of time is giveing you the time it takes to point out your convoluted game in discussions is also obvious.

Last edited:
Perhaps he is basing it on who the players and coaches chose for the probowl last year. Wait, who did they choose?........................

The Pats chose Nate Solder. First round. Left Tackle. Oh wait a minute you were talking about last season.............never mind.

I'm not even commenting on that, I'm commenting on the hair-brained idea that we would put Vollmer at LT and Solder at RT for half the year, then switch them for the second half.

Vollmer's rookie year he started at LT for light when he was injured ( 6 weeks)and finished the year at RT. So you are saying that there is "NO WAY" He could do the same thing this year to give Soldier some game reps before being moved to LT.

Only in your mind these are the same statemants. Again you change the statement and argue against your version of the statemant. Delusional!

Vollmer's rookie year he started at LT for light when he was injured ( 6 weeks)and finished the year at RT. So you are saying that there is "NO WAY" He could do the same thing this year to give Soldier some game reps before being moved to LT.

Only in your mind these are the same statemants. Again you change the statement and argue against your version of the statemant. Delusional!
Was it not your idea to start the season with Volmer at LT and Solder at RT then switch them during the season? That is what you typed.
Please explain the rationale for why you switch them during the season. Yes, backup tackles play both sides. That is not what you said.

Solder is coming off of a very poor strength showing at the combine. Why would you want him playing the power side of the line?

Bench pressing really isn't that important to blocking, if properly motivated I could probably write multiple pages why the bench press is a really bad benchmark to extrapolate blocking ability. My issues with Solder are not his run blocking but rather his pass blocking, which I think mostly stems from his stance. I would feel MUCH more comfortable with SeaBass on the left, who has NFL experience, as opposed to a rookie who by just about every professional account is described as "raw", and that's assuming he starts immediately.

Its obvious your level of reading comprehension is very low. Militiristic background is NOT military background, your words. Saying your team or your players is telling. NO REPORT ever said more than Kaczur was asked to take a reduction in pay, now being a backup. There is no report from the team or any reliable sourse stateing the alternative was to be cut. The only waste of time is giveing you the time it takes to point out your convoluted game in discussions is also obvious.
BB does not have a 'militaristic background'. Reading the Art of War does not give someone a miliaristic background. BB has a background in football.
Please enlighten me on the vast difference between a militaristic (if that is even a word) background, and a military background.

Telling of what? Are you suggesting I am not a Pats fan? Do you not understand that when you said BB has never been and never will be in a position where his hands is forced and I said 'when your LT is a FA and there is a lockout your hands are tied' that I was explaining from BBs perspective? But go ahead, explain what it is telling of.

The report said Kaczur was approached to take a pay cut, and refuse and suggested he would be cut. There was speculation on this board it would happen before the lockout. Look it up, and learn something.

I would suggest that if you have such a problem with my posts that you must resort to childish personal attacks, that you should just ignore them.
I am perfectly fine, in fact honored, if you decide that in your opinion I am wrong about everything and unworthy of your attention.

Bench pressing really isn't that important to blocking, if properly motivated I could probably write multiple pages why the bench press is a really bad benchmark to extrapolate blocking ability. My issues with Solder are not his run blocking but rather his pass blocking, which I think mostly stems from his stance. I would feel MUCH more comfortable with SeaBass on the left, who has NFL experience, as opposed to a rookie who by just about every professional account is described as "raw", and that's assuming he starts immediately.

Bench pressing is not Solder's only problem, and Vollmer's a better RT than LT at this stage of his career. You'd be putting both players in areas of comparative weakness for them.

The Pats just need to start out Solder how they started out Vollmer: with lots of help. Start him at LT, but have a TE on his side, have an RB chip his man, or do some quick passes.

Ideally, he'll have his feet under him once he gets to week 5, because this is who he gets from weeks 5-16:
Rex's blitzes
Demarcus Ware
Bye
James Harrison
Osi Umenyiora/Jason Pierre-Paul
Rex's blitzes again
Tamba Hali
Trent Cole
Dwight Freeney
Whoever Washington has opposite Orakpo
Elvis Dumervil
Cam Wake

Bench pressing is not Solder's only problem, and Vollmer's a better RT than LT at this stage of his career. You'd be putting both players in areas of comparative weakness for them.

What are Solder's other "strength" problems?

How do you know how good Vollmer is now at LT relative to RT?

The Pats just need to start out Solder how they started out Vollmer: with lots of help. Start him at LT, but have a TE on his side, have an RB chip his man, or do some quick passes.

Ideally, he'll have his feet under him once he gets to week 5, because this is who he gets from weeks 5-16:
Rex's blitzes
Demarcus Ware
Bye
James Harrison
Osi Umenyiora/Jason Pierre-Paul
Rex's blitzes again
Tamba Hali
Trent Cole
Dwight Freeney
Whoever Washington has opposite Orakpo
Elvis Dumervil
Cam Wake

From a pass blocking perspective, LT is much more about ability than experience. There isnt a lot of thinking in who to block, or adjustments to make in the event of a blitz at the LT spot.
You know who you have to block, its just a matter of being able to do it. Solder's college performance bodes very well for that.
LTs drafted in round 1 have had tremendous success as rookies in recent years.

What are Solder's other "strength" problems?

His strength was an issue before he put up low press numbers at the combine, and I didn't specify "strength" when I referred to his problems in the post you just responded to.

How do you know how good Vollmer is now at LT relative to RT?

His weakness (occasional tendency to play too high) is a left tackle weakness more than a RT weakness, due to the level of pass rusher usually lining up against the respective positions, and his biggest strength (road grader blocking in a smallish area) is perfect for the power (right) side of a line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference