PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to re-sign Matt Light to avoid domino effect to OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a completely incorrect statement.
All of your opinion that follows is based upon that incorrect fact.

Apparently so, I was of the belief he had only converted after his junior season, and with so many saying otherwise i would have to think they are right and I'm wrong. I'm still of the understanding that he has technical and strength issues to address and don't believe he will start day one, but we'll see?

FTR-Was your response written by a human being or an automated response machine, it sure sounded like the latter?

Big Blue, is that you?

Apparently so, I was of the belief he had only converted after his junior season, and with so many saying otherwise i would have to think they are right and I'm wrong. I'm still of the understanding that he has technical and strength issues to address and don't believe he will start day one, but we'll see?

FTR-Was your response written by a human being or an automated response machine, it sure sounded like the latter?

Big Blue, is that you?
You are insulting my brief response to your long post that was base on a totally incorrect fact? Really?

You are insulting my brief response to your long post that was base on a totally incorrect fact? Really?

Actually i was poking fun at it, a human would probably picked up on it.

For a response to this please press 1

For a middle finger icon please press 2

For a time to schedule further responses please press 3

To talk to a human being with until i return and press reply.

Actually i was poking fun at it, a human would probably picked up on it.

For a response to this please press 1

For a middle finger icon please press 2

For a time to schedule further responses please press 3

To talk to a human being with until i return and press reply.
Other than showing you are a dlck, is there a point here?

heh...funny stuff ;)

I think he lives in Holden...any guesses what his last name is :D

Bill Belichik apparently believes he is good enough to protect Tom Brady's neck, that carries some weight. How someone can say "he isn't that good" based on NOTHING is beyond me.

Why then did BB make Soldier his FIRST pick in the draft. Baced on BB first pick in the draft with the obvious need at OLB and DE, replaceing Light WAS a priority.

Why then did BB make Soldier his FIRST pick in the draft. Baced on BB first pick in the draft with the obvious need at OLB and DE, replaceing Light WAS a priority.
Replacing Light immediately or setting a succession plan to replace Light and take a quality young LT ahead of other teams looking at drafting him?

Last edited:
Replacing Light immediately or setting a succession plan to replace Light and take a quality young LT ahead of other teams looking at drafting him?
It's really impossible to conclude BBs reasoning by his actions because he wasn't ABLE to resign Light. You could argue he chose Solder because he wanted to upgrade, or you could argue that the uncertainty of Light returning forced his hand, because he couldn't risk Steve Maneri being Bradys blindside T.

It's really impossible to conclude BBs reasoning by his actions because he wasn't ABLE to resign Light. You could argue he chose Solder because he wanted to upgrade, or you could argue that the uncertainty of Light returning forced his hand, because he couldn't risk Steve Maneri being Bradys blindside T.
That's a fair comment. LT needed to be replaced with time or dependent upon Light's status, immediately.

You don't use the 17th overall pick in the draft for a future project. Those picks are only reserved for imediate impact players. Even Vollimer was pressed into a starting role in his rookie year, although it was because of injury. Light started his rookie year, Mankins started his rookie year makeing the move from T to G.

Why would anyone here presume to know more than the team about Soldiers ability. Everone here would be up in arms to see the 17th pick used on a future project, yet they want him to back up light ??? First of all everone here knows Light WILL get starting T money for a min. of a three to four year deal, and the Pats will do neither for him. I am not saying that contract will be honered for the full length, that is why Light will be looking for a front loaded contract.

Soldier may not start game one at LT but bareing a total flop he will start, possibly at RT, because Light will not be here. Game one OL may be Vollmer lt, Mankins lg, Koppen C, Kaczur RG, Soldier RT, but by mid season it will be Soldier LT, Mankins LG, Koppen C(?), Cannon RG, Vollmer RT.

Last edited:
You don't use the 17th overall pick in the draft for a future project. Those picks are only reserved for imediate impact players. Even Vollimer was pressed into a starting role in his rookie year, although it was because of injury. Light started his rookie year, Mankins started his rookie year makeing the move from T to G.

Why would anyone here presume to know more than the team about Soldiers ability. Everone here would be up in arms to see the 17th pick used on a future project, yet they want him to back up light ??? First of all everone here knows Light WILL get starting T money for a min. of a three to four yeay deal, and the Pats will do neither for him. I am not saying that contract will be honered for the full length, that is why Light will be looking for a front loaded contract.

Soldier may not start game one at LT but bareing a total flop he will start, possibly at RT, because Light will not be here. Game one OL may be Vollmer lt, Mankins lg, Koppen C, Kaczur RG, Soldier RT, but by mid season it will be Soldier LT, Mankins LG, Koppen C(?), Cannon RG, Vollmer RT.
I don't know Solder's ability but I know of Light's ability, and that's still as a pretty darn good LT. That's why I asked immediate impact or succession plan.

Light's become one of those players where it's fashionable to pay out on him for a shoddy performance here or there and seemingly difficult to praise when he plays like a stone by some factions of Patsfans.

Last edited:

Ridiculous......Solder was picked because of Solder,not because of Light.This is an easy concept.....if you don't draft your guy,you lose him.....period.And Manieri at LT as a worst case scenario?.......Sebastian Vollmer says "hi".

BB would like to have Light back,at a reasonable price,but he wouldn't lose a minute's sleep,if he moved on.:rocker:

Last edited:

Under no circumstances has or will BB allow himself to be put in a possition to have " HIS HAND FORCED". His chess game is planed too many moves into the future to have that happen. "Risk Maneri to protect Brady's blindside". Thats pure theatrics, where does he even come into play? what of Vollmer,Kaczur,Levoir? Pure fiction! Its not impossible to Know, and the probibility can be foretold by his options and moves. Light was not resigned before his contract was over, He will demand more than the Pats will pay and he will get it elsware. The 17th pick was used to replace him. Kaczur as an emergency backup plan had his contract set to overlap the possible loss of Light by two years. These were not all coincedences. BB's militaristic background has his chess game way ahead of our vision.

That's a fair comment. LT needed to be replaced with time or dependent upon Light's status, immediately.
And the pick may make Light expendable. But we really dont know what would have changed if FA came first.

Under no circumstances has or will BB allow himself to be put in a possition to have " HIS HAND FORCED".

When your starting LT is a FA and a vocal union member during a labor dispute and you will not know if you can bring him back until well after the draft, your hand is forced.

His chess game is planed too many moves into the future to have that happen. "Risk Maneri to protect Brady's blindside". Thats pure theatrics, where does he even come into play? what of Vollmer,Kaczur,Levoir?
Vollmer is your RT. Kaczur was asked to take a paycut. LeVoir or Maneri isn't very different.

Pure fiction! Its not impossible to Know, and the probibility can be foretold by his options and moves.
Not when there is a lockout and you cant sign FAs.

Light was not resigned before his contract was over,
Many players who we want to keep are not.

He will demand more than the Pats will pay and he will get it elsware.
You know this based on what?

The 17th pick was used to replace him.
If FA came first it may not have been. We had to have a replacement at the draft because there was no FA.

Kaczur as an emergency backup plan had his contract set to overlap the possible loss of Light by two years.
You mean the guy who missed all of last year due to back surgery? The guy who was reported to have been told he must take a paycut or leave, and refused to? The guy that was rumored to be released before the lockout? Him?

These were not all coincedences. BB's militaristic background has his chess game way ahead of our vision.
Militaristic background? What in the world are you talking about?
I am as supportive of BB as almost anyone, but you are basically crediting him with the impossible here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous......Solder was picked because of Solder,not because of Light.This is an easy concept.....if you don't draft your guy,you lose him.....period.And Manieri at LT as a worst case scenario?.......Sebastian Vollmer says "hi".

BB would like to have Light back,at a reasonable price,but he wouldn't lose a minute's sleep,if he moved on.:rocker:
If FA came first, we do not know if BB would have signed Light and used the pick elsewhere.
The pick is not a condemnation of Light, but a pick based on the chance our LT was gone.
That doesn't mean it wasn't a pick he would have made if Light had a year left on a contract either. It means we don't know, so suggesting the pick reflects on Light is wrong.

Volmer is the RT. Sure you could move him to LT, then who is the RT? Kaczur reportedly was asked to take a paycut and told the team to F off. Volmer can only play one side.

Why would anyone here presume to know more than the team about Soldiers ability. Everone here would be up in arms to see the 17th pick used on a future project, yet they want him to back up light ??? First of all everone here knows Light WILL get starting T money for a min. of a three to four year deal, and the Pats will do neither for him. I am not saying that contract will be honered for the full length, that is why Light will be looking for a front loaded contract.

I'm not going to bother with the rest of it, but there is absolutely no way we start the year with Vollmer at LT and Solder at RT and then switch them during the year.

When your starting LT is a FA and a vocal union member during a labor dispute and you will not know if you can bring him back until well after the draft, your hand is forced.

Vollmer is your RT. Kaczur was asked to take a paycut. LeVoir or Maneri isn't very different.

Not when there is a lockout and you cant sign FAs.

Many players who we want to keep are not.

You know this based on what?

If FA came first it may not have been. We had to have a replacement at the draft because there was no FA.

You mean the guy who missed all of last year due to back surgery? The guy who was reported to have been told he must take a paycut or leave, and refused to? The guy that was rumored to be released before the lockout? Him?

Militaristic background? What in the world are you talking about?
I am as supportive of BB as almost anyone, but you are basically crediting him with the impossible here.

Pure ********* your style of trying to disect everyones statements into individual sentences does not change the full impact of the total statement.

You are wrong, The team had all of last year to extend him if they wanted to!!!

Vollemer's FIRST possition on the team was to replace Light for six weeks in his rookie season. What does asking Kazuur being asked to take a cut have to do with the depth chart, and Levoir has been the first backup at T for the last three years, how is that the same as Maniri who has NEVER took a snap as a Tackle.

At the moment Page is the ONLY player who they may wish to retain who is not under contract or with the FT.

Light will do what is best for his FAMILY and his SELF which is cash in on his last contract of his career. That is what it is based on. WHAT... in you fantacy world he will give all that up so you and the team can be happy.

Check out BB's background,upbringing,schooling, read his books, learn his philosiphy.

All you do is respond with uninformed *********, hopeing others know less. IF,MABY,WHAT!!!

One point, Your use of the term YOUR instead of OUR when talking of the Pats or their players is very telling.

You chalenged me on every sentence of my post and were wrong on all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes