PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats May Play In Edmonton Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Patriots can't beat the Donkeys in the US, why not try Canada?

Calm down, everybody.

The original rumor was that a 17th game would be added to the schedule for neutral-ground international play, against an opposite-conference opponent.
Maybe at some point they'll do that, but right now teams are giving up a home game to play, umm, overseas*. Miami plays the New York Giants in week 8, during a Miami "home game".

*The, uhh, Trans Canadian Sea

Last edited:
Pat Bolen (sp??) owner of the Broncos is from Edmonton.

If the NFL is coming to Canada, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let it be Toronto and not Edmonton. Toronto has been knocking on the NFL's door trying to get an franchise for a quarter of a century.

Just give us this game, please. It would be a nice road trip and very makeable for Pats fans. We'd have to tinker with our public drinking laws a bit to accomodate the tailgating, but it would be fantastic at the Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome).

All of you are invited over to my place for a beer. Canadian beer.

If the NFL is coming to Canada, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let it be Toronto and not Edmonton.

Toronto is gross. Have you even been to Edmonton? It is a very underrated city.

Toronto is gross. Have you even been to Edmonton? It is a very underrated city.

You're gross. Every post of yours reeks of attitude.

I haven't been to Edmonton, and didn't say anything negative about the city. I'm only wishing they pick Toronto over Edmonton because I live here...sheesh.

Don't be mad at the world because nobody likes Edmonton. It's not my fault. It's Chris Pronger's.

Isn't Toronto too close to Detroit and Buffalo to be a viable NFL market?

Based upon where I live, it is easier to get to a PATS game if it is in Edmonton. I also expect that it would be easy to get good tickets.

Please calm down and stop with the personal attacks PatriotsNorth.

Based upon where I live, it is easier to get to a PATS game if it is in Edmonton. I also expect that it would be easy to get good tickets.

Please calm down and stop with the personal attacks PatriotsNorth.

That's fine, which was the same reason I stated I preferred the game to be played in Toronto.

I'm calm...you quoted me and ripped my city without me saying anything to you or about Edmonton itself. I had to respond.

Isn't Toronto too close to Detroit and Buffalo to be a viable NFL market?

I guess there big chance to move in to Toronto will be when Ralph Wilson passes on (not wishing any ill will on anybody). The future of the Bills will come into question, and I'm sure there will be lots of pressure from the Toronto camp (headed by Ted Rogers' group - also own the Jays) to finally bring the NFL here.

Of the 5 biggest cities in North America (Los Angeles, Mexico City, an Toronto) 3 are without and NFL team, and you have to figure they are going to be tapped by the league eventually. The only question is the order in which it will happen.

No chance Toronto gets a team before LA.

kraft should agree to sacrifice a home game and play in Canada for a first round pick

kraft should agree to sacrifice a home game and play in Canada for a first round pick
If I were Kraft I'd tell Badell to shove this trip up his ass unless we get our #1 pick back.

The good news on next year's schedule (which we need with the long road trips) is we get the NFCW and AFCW which are favorable divisions on paper as of now.

This is our opponents next year :

HOME
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC North winner

AWAY
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC South winner

and the AFC East teams. Kind of pathetic other than the travel.

I'd be all over this. I hope this happens. :rocker:

The Eskimos (CFL) have already asked to be on the road for two weeks at that time of their season.

Last edited:
This is our opponents next year :

AWAY
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC South winner

That is one beast of an away schedule. I'm definitely making the Seattle trip and if it is true then I will also make the trip upto Edmonton. Show Canada some love everyone. We love the Pats and absolutely hate the Colts, Chargers, Broncos, Jets and Dolphins. If that's not good enough for you then I don't know what is.

HOLY F*CK! This just made my day if theres any truth too it...

I live In Calgary which is only a 2 1/2 hour car ride away from Edmonton and man o man I would do anything to see this game.. Edmonton sucks though :D Calgary is a much nicer city too bad our stadium only seats about 30,000

BUT YEAHH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes