PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats May Play In Edmonton Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a grip. Calvillo is washed up and from where I see the standings, your Alouettes (uh - Concordes) will be looking up at my Blue Bombers this year. A let down for my boys in Blue and Gold last week in TO but we will bounce back.

Hey! Another Bomber Fan!!

Last edited:
Why in Edmonton?
We have the biggest and best stadium in Canada, not to mention the amount of support the Eskimos get. :rocker:

Last edited:
We have the biggest and best stadium in Canada, not to mention the amount of support the Eskimos get. :rocker:

I beleive the stadium comment is incorrect. Rogers Stadium and BC place would both be bigger. As far as fan support, its no different than the other Western (georgraphical) teams: Sk, Wpg, Cal.

I don't see what relevance the level of support a city gives to its CFL franchise should have in the decision to award an NFL game to a city.

The Argos don't get the same support that the Eskimos get, but then again, they are fourth on the totem pole here (Leafs, Raptors, Jays) for our sporting dollars.

The fact that the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) supplies 7-10K fans in Buffalo every home game should resonate more with the NFL office than the Argos attendance.

Last edited:
As a Canadian who lives and works in Belize and Cuba, I would be there in a second if this was actually true. However, I think its a dumb idea and hope it doesn't happen. The Pats are New Englands home team and the region only gets 8 home games per year, if you don't include the dog poo known as pre season. The economic aspect of moving a game out of the area is significant for the community. What about the fans who have seasons tickets?
The CFL is alive and well in Western Canada and it makes little sense to bring into a stronghold, the one entity (the NFL) that could possibly weaken this base.
What possible explanation could there be to justify such a decision?

I beleive the stadium comment is incorrect. Rogers Stadium and BC place would both be bigger. As far as fan support, its no different than the other Western (georgraphical) teams: Sk, Wpg, Cal.
Actually, Commonwealth holds more.

The numbers according to Wikipedia:

Commonwealth Stadium: 60,081
BC Place: 59,841
Rogers Centre: 53,506

That is interesting one less home game...as talked about months ago...another long trip west..

funny i just paid my club seat bill for all 10 home games

Hey why not. We're already playing 4 road games on the west coast why not some home games in Western Canada. :rolleyes:

Great another thing to be ticked about.. Can this last week get any worse..

1 Specter
2 Tomase
3 The Super bowl disaster
4 the super bowl aftermath
5 Willie Andrews
6 mat walsh
7 now we will play not 4 but 5 west coast games, :eek:

I don't see this happening. There is no way Kraft would go along with it, unless there is a huge incentive we're not privy too.

Crazy. That makes 5 west coast trips. Honestly, the NFL is so concerned about money I'm REALLY close to dumping NFL Sunday Ticket and not paying them my $250. They're taking away the fun as a fun. And Kraft is as bad as any of them.

Great another thing to be ticked about.. Can this last week get any worse..

1 Specter
2 Tomase
3 The Super bowl disaster
4 the super bowl aftermath
5 Willie Andrews
6 mat walsh
7 now we will play not 4 but 5 west coast games, :eek:

God, I hope that this list is in chronological order, because #3 should be #1, then a long pause....

Then the rest should fall under #2, because it's a bunch of $#!+.

I don't see this happening. There is no way Kraft would go along with it, unless there is a huge incentive we're not privy too.

If Kraft wants to fly me and other season ticket holders out for an all-expenses paid weekend to beautiful downtown Edmonton (?!), I'd go along with that. Otherwise, he will hear from me via letter of complaint.

From a Canadian, all week I've heard that the Bills will be playing a game a year in Toronto. Funny, I have not heard one thing about a SuperBowl team playing a game in Edmonton. I would tend to believe that would garner more media attention than the Bills.

From a Canadian, all week I've heard that the Bills will be playing a game a year in Toronto. Funny, I have not heard one thing about a SuperBowl team playing a game in Edmonton. I would tend to believe that would garner more media attention than the Bills.

Except that Canadian media is based in Toronto, so anything that happens outside of Toronto doesn't really matter.

Seriously, if this is a Pats home game, I'll buy tickets from any rightsholder who doesn't want to attend.

Attn Roger Goodell and other Stupid Owners:

STOP EFFING AROUND WITH THE NFL

The Schedule is PERFECT

The Playoffs are PERFECT

We DO NOT need games in other countries you GREEDY BASTARDS

I'm sick of this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes