PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS in Violation (from ESPN thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
THought you might be interested in this thread from ESPN. I do not know if it is true or not.
Comments?

Globe reports that the 2006 cap minimum is 90% of the $102 million dollar cap. After the Neal and Brown signings the Pats cap number is approx.$83 million, ($8.8 million below the minimum). The draft will cost approx. 3.5 - 4.0 million meaning the league charter will force the Patriots into some significant signing(s)approx. $5.0 million. Press reports have the Pats out of the Moulds/Arrington races, but I am holding out hope for Ricky Manning Jr. (will require 3rd round compensation)or Dyson . Grady Jackson NT, Brad Kassell ILB, and AzZahir Hakim also on my shopping list.

My thoughts : It's still early in the offseason, who cares.

The cap minmum rules do not take effect until just before the first game. I'm sure there are other teams under the minimum right now.

:eat2:............... :cool3: ...................:eat3:

marcus said:
THought you might be interested in this thread from ESPN. I do not know if it is true or not.
Comments?

Globe reports that the 2006 cap minimum is 90% of the $102 million dollar cap. After the Neal and Brown signings the Pats cap number is approx.$83 million, ($8.8 million below the minimum). The draft will cost approx. 3.5 - 4.0 million meaning the league charter will force the Patriots into some significant signing(s)approx. $5.0 million. Press reports have the Pats out of the Moulds/Arrington races, but I am holding out hope for Ricky Manning Jr. (will require 3rd round compensation)or Dyson . Grady Jackson NT, Brad Kassell ILB, and AzZahir Hakim also on my shopping list.

There is a reason many of us pay no attention to what goes on on ESPN threads.

The season doesn't start for another 160+ days. You can't be in violation of anything at the moment. And subtract a few more million off that remainder to meet the minimum as our individual adjusted cap is not $102M but $99.97M for 2006. That's just $3M they'd have to spend in cap to be not in violation.

Where can I spends this money??!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SeanBruschi54 said:
It depends on what you have in mind? :eat2:
em79.gif

Violation????? Huh??????

Not sure where the violation is...LOL......huh????? There is no minimum in the offseason...not at all...There is a minimum that comes into play the week of the first game..as well as the cap max..but now??? LOL

marcus said:
Comments?

Thanks so much for the misleading title to your thread. As if it were a fact at this moment.

Many of us on this board have had to endure too many like you who come on here and write misleading thread titles (and then start your messages with "Don't know if this is true or not").

You're a newbie, so I'll assume it was just an oversight on your part, but in the future,please be more considerate of the people on this board. The "violation" you speak about would not be in effect until the season. Today is March 28th - so it is ridiculous for your to trumpet a headline of the Pats being in "violation".

Hey, don't be too hard on the guy, he is just 6 months ahead of the curve. :D

Maybe BB can buy one of those priceless stamps of the upside down airplane and mail it on a postcard from Florida to the NFL head office. When you need to spend cash in a hurry, it works. I've seen it done before.

Well

In other news; it's still march! :violent:

shmessy said:
Thanks so much for the misleading title to your thread. As if it were a fact at this moment.

Many of us on this board have had to endure too many like you who come on here and write misleading thread titles (and then start your messages with "Don't know if this is true or not").

You're a newbie, so I'll assume it was just an oversight on your part, but in the future,please be more considerate of the people on this board. The "violation" you speak about would not be in effect until the season. Today is March 28th - so it is ridiculous for your to trumpet a headline of the Pats being in "violation".

your britches are too tight....chill :cool:

Every other team has more money (Redskins) spend more then us and we get a violation for signing two standard players sounds like they just hate the Pats.

Last edited:
Look, the guy has Az Hakim on his shopping list.

Need we say more?

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Look, the guy has Az Hakim on his shopping list.

Need we say more?

PFnV

Oh Snap!

Ten Characters.

marcus said:
Comments?

Well, Nothing like doing the homework. Here is what the Globe article said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/03/28/firm_decision_in_nfl/
Tagliabue said the minimum cap expenditure per team has not yet been established but will be higher than the 84 percent of the $85.5 million cap that was in effect last season. ''The last I saw, the minimum would increase to 90 percent of the cap over the life of the deal," Tagliabue said.

So, the minimum has NOT been set, but will go up from the 84% that it was last year and will hit 90% by the end of the CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News