PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have engaged in TRADE TALKS for Isaiah Wynn

Vamos Make It Happen GIF by Burbu

Who's going to play RT (assuming Brown plays LT)? Cajuste?

Wynn is a starting caliber tackle but I've never been a fan. I've never trusted him to stay healthy but when he's done he gives you mid pack starting tackle play. I hope they can get a good pick for him, and hopefully they also add to the line via trade.

Cajuste is probably the day 1 starter at RT.

We don't even need much for this to be worth it given the cap savings. I'm for it as long as we have a 5th and 6th OL we trust.

I wonder what happened here? From what ive heard he just stopped showing up to camp and practice, or is he injured?

Cajuste has been more injured than Wynn over his career. Relying on Cajuste so you trade away Wynn seems beyond weird to me, unless youlike the prospect of Yasir Durant playing in the event of an injury, or Ferentz inside while kicking Onwenu outside.

No thanks to any of this.

I wonder what happened here? From what ive heard he just stopped showing up to camp and practice, or is he injured?
Just my opinion, but even if he's good when he plays, it's tough to build OL continuity when you aren't on the field consistently. The best OLs are ones where the guys are playing nearly every game together at the same position.

I'd be fine with Yodny if he's a bit of a drop off talent wise, but is more durable (which I'm not sure he is, doesn't Yodny also have an injury history?).

Just my opinion, but even if he's good when he plays, it's tough to build OL continuity when you aren't on the field consistently. The best OLs are ones where the guys are playing nearly every game together at the same position.

I'd be fine with Yodny if he's a bit of a drop off talent wise, but is more durable (which I'm not sure he is, doesn't Yodny also have an injury history?).
I think they like Justin Herron and Yess Sir Durant as a back-ups too.

Who's going to play RT (assuming Brown plays LT)? Cajuste?
Or left. So many moving parts this camp / preseason…hard to tell. Maybe Cajuste is more suited to Zone…IDK.

Cajuste has been more injured than Wynn over his career. Relying on Cajuste so you trade away Wynn seems beyond weird to me, unless youlike the prospect of Yasir Durant playing in the event of an injury, or Ferentz inside while kicking Onwenu outside.

No thanks to any of this.

Yeah, unless one of the reserve interior guys really steps up this week, this would leave us pretty thin somewhere, be it tackle or guard (if Onwenu kicks back outside). They could always add someone at cut downs too, but that's always a gamble, getting a guy started that late in your system.

We really need a first or second round tackle next April. Trent Brown is going to have a short career at this rate (way too heavy for him to stay healthy). Both Wynn and Yodny are FAs.

Onwenu to RT I would assume. Then trade for a competent RG.

We really need a first or second round tackle next April. Trent Brown is going to have a short career at this rate (way too heavy for him to stay healthy). Both Wynn and Yodny are FAs.
Yodny will be an RFA, I believe. He didn’t get an accrued season for his rookie year because he spent the whole thing on NFI. Same thing would apply to McGrone, and it’s looking like Stueber too.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back