PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Falcons joint practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady missed a couple.

It seems that Brady has always struggled with the bomb.

# Tom Brady overthrew Brandon Tate who had got behind CB Dominique Daniels. 2 hours ago

# Tom Brady just overthrew Wes Welker who had gotten behind Chevis Jackson. 3 hours ago

no, i would say that started after his injury...i was hoping that after a whole season he would be back to normal, but doesnt seem like it

too bad, its the one part of brady's post injury game that i really hate seeing on game day

an easy TD, but the ball goes over the reciever

Hoyer makes that pass ten times out of ten...time to put Tom Bledsoe out to pasture...:deadhorse::bricks:

Hoyer makes that pass ten times out of ten...time to put Tom Bledsoe out to pasture...:deadhorse::bricks:

Say it ain't so JO....... :D

altho, Hoyer IS ahead of TB in the bucket drill

If that "inevitable" injury strikes, I would rather see them pick up some bum from the Arena League,or the Other League, whatever the hell it's called, instead of Wilhite. Wilhite will never be able to play at this level, IMO. He will be Ellis Hobbs with a different name.
Ellis Hobbs could play at this level so that's a rather stupid comment to make.

But not well enough for the Pats to hang on to him. So, based on your comment, that would make the Patriots coaching staff stupid, too. Right?
You're not seriously going to intimate that players who leave the Patriots aren't good enough players in the NFL? Hobbs is a more than competent 2nd or 3rd corner and a very good punt returner.

Don't be so daft.

no, i would say that started after his injury...i was hoping that after a whole season he would be back to normal, but doesnt seem like it

too bad, its the one part of brady's post injury game that i really hate seeing on game day

First of all, missing just two very deep passes on practice day does not necessarily signal a lasting problem. Second of all we don't know what context those throws were in, maybe he was under a lot of pressure, maybe the receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be. Who knows. How many deep throws did he miss during the 2007 TC? I would wager more than a few.

Don't worry about it.

Every quarterback overthrows a receiver sometimes. Granted, it was an issue in 2009 for Brady, but it wasn't overthrows as much as it was underthrows. This TC, Brady seems to be hitting more of those than he misses.

But not well enough for the Pats to hang on to him. So, based on your comment, that would make the Patriots coaching staff stupid, too. Right?

They were actually quite clever! He would have been a UFA/RFA (at the time it wasn't certain); and were very unlikely to be able to afford him, Vince, Bodden etc, so they shipped him off while they could get something for him!

Wilhite will never be able to play at this level, IMO.

He's entering his third year, and is usually in position to make a play (even if his ball skills are sub-par). He was a 4th round pick. Let's give him at least the duration of his third training camp before we start deeming him incapable of getting better, hmmm?

Every quarterback overthrows a receiver sometimes. Granted, it was an issue in 2009 for Brady, but it wasn't overthrows as much as it was underthrows. This TC, Brady seems to be hitting more of those than he misses.

Overthrowing a receiver on a deep ball isn't a huge deal. On a pattern like that, the WR should be out running the defense. If the ball is underthrown, it will most likely be an int, so it's better to overthrow and no one catch it.

He's entering his third year, and is usually in position to make a play (even if his ball skills are sub-par). He was a 4th round pick. Let's give him at least the duration of his third training camp before we start deeming him incapable of getting better, hmmm?

This. I am also willing to wait and see how this plays out.

That's one thing I've noticed.. how many players on the D have dreadlocks. This unique phenomenon is dying for a nickname.

Sometimes I get confused and think I'm watching a Predator movie :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes