PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats doing well will "tarnish Brady's legacy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better comparison:

In 1991 Joe Montana was hurt and missed the season. Steve Young stepped in and led the team to a 5-5 record in 10 starts but also couldn't stay healthy.

The immortal Steve Bono stepped in for the injured Montana and Young and led the team to a 5-1 record.

Clearly this tarnishes the legacy of both Montana and Young.

That's true - GREAT POINT. Wonder why they ever gave HOF's jackets to those guys and not Bono? Perhaps they figured he was to busy touring with the Edge, Larry and Adam.

It's a hater's paradise. If the Pats do well Brady is a system QB and over rated. If the Pats do badly BB was riding Brady's coattails and is an over rated coach. If the Pats do ok, like 10-6, but Cassel puts up a low QB rating then it was organizational arrogance and BB\SP should have brought in a veteran long ago.

Sing along people you know this tune.

Ok, Ok, ok....I've been thinking about this whole thing about TB legacy being tarnished, blah, blah, blah, and for me the BEST answer (or question) is
this-->:

If the PATS win the SuperBowl and this proves that TB is a system QB, well, ok, but then you HAVE to admit that BB is the BEST coach of all time. You can't have it both ways. Either its BB or TB....

These HATERS will have a tough time either way as well. If we win, great for us and if they say TB was a system QB - fine but then that means BB created the SYSTEM and he is the GOAT coach. It will pain them to admit that about BB so they might just say it was luck and TB is still great...

If we lose, we can say - see TB was the reason we won and he is NOT a system QB.

Whaddya think?

I hate to start another media thread, but this gets to something so fundamentally idiotic I couldn't resist. Some moron writes to Peter King about how if the Pats win the Super Bowl this year it will hurt Brady's "legacy" which King actually agrees with.

Sigh.

This is the same line of thinking that had the dopes pulling out Belichick's coaching record without Brady, suggesting his success came solely from Brady. It creates a real nice situation for them this year, in that they'll be able to either disparage Brady or Belichick depending on how the Pats do. This is almost painfully stupid. Here's the thing.....winning Super Bowls is hard. Doing the things that Brady has done is absolutely remarkable. Developing a dynasty like Belichick (and Pioli) has done is extraordinary.

This team may be able to win it with Cassel--either because the complete team will be able to do it with simply decent qb play, or he'll be something special as well, or whatever. But the brilliance of Brady and Belichick isn't something that depends on anything this year--it's already been categorically established. Is that so hard to understand?

Yeah just like Steve Young doing well tarnished Joe Montana's legacy.

People's who's opinion on this team I value....

1) Mine

End. I can care less what some random 15 year old Jets fan on his team's message board or a disgruntuled middle aged sports writer feels about Tom Brady.

What people think of Brady is his legacy.I live in S.D. and manage a grocery store.95 % of the people I have talked to( everyone knows how much I like Brady and the patriots)think Brady won because of Belichick. My frito lay rep said that if the Patriots win the Super bowl or even get close the Patriots will trade Brady. The more the Patriots win the less chance Brady will be back in a patriots uniform. This is what I am hearing. Almost every team would want Brady. Can you image a healthy Brady on the Bears? I am sure other areas are saying the same.

What people think of Brady is his legacy.I live in S.D. and manage a grocery store.95 % of the people I have talked to( everyone knows how much I like Brady and the patriots)think Brady won because of Belichick. My frito lay rep said that if the Patriots win the Super bowl or even get close the Patriots will trade Brady. The more the Patriots win the less chance Brady will be back in a patriots uniform. This is what I am hearing. Almost every team would want Brady. Can you image a healthy Brady on the Bears? I am sure other areas are saying the same.

IMO I dont think Brady would be traded....he will come back next season as the starting QB and Cassel will be traded to another team or sign on as our backup QB again. Time will tell.

The pats can go 19-0 this year and Brady will still not be traded. Unless Brady physically cannot play, he will be qb'ing the New England Patriots.

The pats can go 19-0 this year and Brady will still not be traded. Unless Brady physically cannot play, he will be qb'ing the New England Patriots.

Why do you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft