PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats "disrespect" after Chargers game-video

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats give back what they get. If the opponent shuts their yap and just play hard-nosed football, they get congratulated and the Pats walk off the field. If you talk $h!t the whole game, do your 'roid rage jitter dance, try to instigate and try to show them up the Pats treat them accordingly.

I'm just happy they're (usually) smart enough to retaliate during the game.

I know, see my second post.... You can only take so much.... TD celebrations, trash talking through the game, keeping quiet during the week of the game is nothing new to the Pats and I love that, I'm not saying anything is wrong about that... But what I saw on the video, does bother me a little bit, for some reason, I guess because everyone claims that they have character-- well, frankly, that doesn't look like character, or class, but a bunch of Chargers in the wrong uniform. :mad:

This ain't the WNBA, honey.

I know all you guys are saying the Chargers deserved it and I'll tell you something, You're GOD DAMNED right they deserve it. But, just because they deserve it doesn't mean it's what should be done.

That being said Rivers needs to shut his mouth. Talkin trash the whole game and then he can't take it when it's rubbed in his face? Screw you.

This coming from a guy who is saying we need to cut Logan Mankins.

Personally I think anything prior to the game is fairplay. Even trashtalking during the game is okay. But afterwards, when the game is won, the players need to act appropriately, shake hands, and congrats to the winners.

I do think what the Patriots did was innapropriate, but I think it happens to all teams. Just because San Diego made innapropriate comments after last year's game doesn't make what the Patriots did last Sunday okay.

The Patriots have previously acted in a much more "classy" manner that what they did, while understandable, seemed out of character.

Like I said, I think it was wrong, but it would have been wrong no matter who did it.

I would have liked to see the Patriots accept their victory in a much more respectful way. Had they left the field just as they do after any other vicotry then that would have made a bigger statement IMO.

What's wrong with the stuff on those videos? I've seen much, much worse in games that have meant much, much less.

All this "class" crap is a cover for the disappointment and embarrassment these guys experienced after the loss. Apparently, figuring they were so good at winning that there was no need to learn the niceties of losing, the pailful of cold water on their collective faces by "Stern Reality" was a bit more than their systems could accommodate.

Class is coming from behind to win your game, especially in their house. Class is doing what you must in the face of incessant taunts and worse, and not rising to the bait. Class is exhibiting that you're world-wise enough to accept a loss and recognize it for what it is -a temporary setback that can be used to build on for future success, not an opportunity to bury the guys who just beat you under a mountain of human manure.

Quite apart from his shameless self-promotion as a "very classy guy" (he said we're supposed to know it!), Tomlinson's post-game (over several days!) mutterings were an obvious attempt to influence public opinion (as well as shift focus from the fact that they lost).

Perhaps he should expend a little energy influencing his teammates themselves to approach these games in a more professional manner. Then when he talked about other people's "lack of class", he'd be in a more persuasive position.

Personally I think anything prior to the game is fairplay. Even trashtalking during the game is okay. But afterwards, when the game is won, the players need to act appropriately, shake hands, and congrats to the winners.

I do think what the Patriots did was innapropriate, but I think it happens to all teams. Just because San Diego made innapropriate comments after last year's game doesn't make what the Patriots did last Sunday okay.

The Patriots have previously acted in a much more "classy" manner that what they did, while understandable, seemed out of character.

Like I said, I think it was wrong, but it would have been wrong no matter who did it.

I would have liked to see the Patriots accept their victory in a much more respectful way. Had they left the field just as they do after any other vicotry then that would have made a bigger statement IMO.

Excet the Patriots and other teams do this regularly. I listed at least 4 incidents above when the Patriots players did the same thing. I attend NFL games live in different stadiums, and I've seen football players do this over and over. Anyone who actually thinks this was ot of character for the Patriots is incorrect. In fact, Tedy Bruschi rubs it in more than anyone on the team, and he's Mr. Patriot. It's not an accident that Troy Brown was doing the lights out dance. Fans, these are your New England Patriots. Accept them for who they are, or root for someone else.

Excet the Patriots and other teams do this regularly. I listed at least 4 incidents above when the Patriots players did the same thing. I attend NFL games live in different stadiums, and I've seen football players do this over and over. Anyone who actually thinks this was ot of character for the Patriots is incorrect. In fact, Tedy Bruschi rubs it in more than anyone on the team, and he's Mr. Patriot. It's not an accident that Troy Brown was doing the lights out dance. Fans, these are your New England Patriots. Accept them for who they are, or root for someone else.

Amen, Brother, Amen!!!!!!!!

Just when I thought I couldn't get much sicker of this topic, this thread shows up. Excuse me, UUURRRRRPPPP!!!!

"Don't start nuttin', won't be nuttin'!" - Agent J

Philip Rivers needs to learn his place in the league. First year starter who loses a game, handle it like a man, instead of calling the guy who broke up many of his miserable passes "The sorriest corner in the league."

A few days ago someone on the whiner line called him Complainian. I laughed the rest of the way home.

You just started me off. I'll let you know how long it lasts. :D

I don't like it that the Pats did some questionable celebrating - I prefer that they all be like Brady. Keep it in the locker room, self-satisfying, etc... HOWEVER...

I TOTALLY understand why they did what they did and, what's more, don't really care all THAT much. So whatever. (OBNOXIOUS ALERT) - Ha ha, we won. Don't want us to celebrate on your field? Don't celebrate on ours. STILL don't want us to celebrate on your field? Don't LOSE on your field.

A few days ago someone on the whiner line called him Complainian. I laughed the rest of the way home.

That is very cute, and accurate. For irony I called him the Classy One, and then "What a childish, sulky, spoiled little s h i t this classy NFL MVP is."

Not as light and frothy, but it felt good to get it off my chest. And it fits him too. ;)

There is No Whining in Football

I feel disrespected by that HUGE wad of Skoal in Mike Vrable's mouth! Dude that's like half a can! :eek:

This is all that really needs to be said about this issue, although Bill Simmons said something funny in his Page 2 column today:

Bill Simmons said:
I can't believe how well New Hampshire reader Tony Westover summed up my feelings on that whining nickname-stealer LaDainian Tomlinson: "I can understand why LT thought it was disrespectful and unclassy that the Patriots started 'doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for.' Imagine if the Chargers won and some of their players went and did the Tom Brady dance at the midfield? Oh wait ... Tom Brady doesn't have a dance because he's a class act and doesn't do steroids."

I think that Pats may have shot themselves in the foot by setting the standard so high for themselves. JMO...
The Pats didn't set any standard for themselves. They do what they do. YOU decided that this act was beneath them, not them.

The Pats have always shoved it back at opponents who ran their mouths off before the game. BB trashed Freddie Mitchell on Letterman. Givens, Vrabel, Harrison and others did the eagle flap.

The problem isn't the Pats, it is the chargers who can dish it out but can't take it.

TO mocked Ray Lewis's dance once. I'm not a Lewis fan, but I have to say his attitude was that if we had kept TO out of the endzone, he wouldn't dance, even when the media tried to make a big deal of it. If the Chargers had the class of Ray Lewis, they'd do the same. But they don't. ANd for some reason everyone is fine with Merriman sending popcorn to Taylor, saying he will punch Brady in the mouth, doing his taunting steroid dance, but not okay for the Pats to celebrate.

I agree that there is a definite double standard here. The Chargers don't expect any repercussions for their own behavior and mocking before the game and after the win breaking the Pats 21 game streak.
Guess what, what goes around comes around. If you can't handle what you dished out that indicates that you're the ones with the maturity issue.

LT made what is perhaps the "most unclassy" postgame speeches of all time. He was venting but calling himself "classy" in order to tear down another team's head coach was an all time low scummy move.
The Chargers need to shut the hell up and win something significant before they flap their big gums in public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe