PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The definitive "Yes, the Chargers were trashtalking and classless" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see Mike and Mike they asked the country if Lt was over reacting and 57% out of over 500.000 agreed that he was taking it way to far and over reacting.

----------------

LOL. Leading up to the game most you had alka-seltzer in one hand and aspirin in the other.

The Chargers DID lose to a SUPERIOR TEAM, i.e., San Diego Chargers; they lost to themselves.

Everyone knows that, including you.

The Chargers lost to themselves? Really? So the Chargers "B" team played in lieu of the Patriots the other day? Man, you are smoking some cheap stuff.

However, now that I think about it, you could say that the other team did not beat the team you root for in every game. Fact is that is BS and you know it.

The Patriots BEAT the Chargers. The Patriots played a damn good game and got inside theheads of the Charger players. Its why they were doing stupid things like HEAD-BUTTING Daniel Graham and not just knocking down a 4th down pass.

Yes, I uess you could say that the Chargers beat themselves. But you'd be lying to yourself. They played the game for a reason and the better TEAM won.

A flag should be thrown on both fanbases for unsportsmanlike conduct. Kinda sad, really, to see the fallout, because it was a great game.

I would also flag the NE players for unnecessary celebration, and the Charger players for crying.

But, it would have been the same result if the tables were turned, and everybody here knows it.

I see I got under your skin for stating the truth about a guy who casts aspersions on someone's character because of a game. It's a sport. Nobody dies. Get over yourself. You must have no life, loser.

LOL I think we can all agree that forum posters have no life.

Last edited:
Football players taking steroids. Talking trash. Before, during and after the game. Football players committing crimes. I expect all of this. It's par for the course, in my opinion. The only thing I really thought was surprising before all this was Wade Phillips' comments.

But, for me, the most classless thing to come out of all of this (i.e. the unexpected) is the fact that LT is a sore loser who cries and makes unfounded accusations. Calling BB a classless coach is very low. LT is all about image. This fake "classy" image is the way he markets himself. The guy is a fraud. And for me, he's the most classless of all the people mentioned in this thread.

Humiliating people on the football field is one thing. Humiliating people at a pep rally is par for the course too. But questioning someone's character, casting aspersions on his person, is very very low.

LT has no character. He is scum.[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------

LT is a scum? LOL.

1. Holds the all-time NFL record for single season touchdowns (31). The previous record of 28, was set in 2005 by Shaun Alexander. Tomlinson broke Alexander's full-season record in 13 games.[2]

2. Holds the all-time NFL record for single season rushing touchdowns (28), breaking Shaun Alexander's previous record of 27, set in 2005. [16]

3. Holds the all-time NFL record for the most points in a single season (186). The previous record was set by Paul Hornung (176) in twelve games. Tomlinson accomplished this record in fourteen games.[17] Notably, Hornung played the halfback and placekicker positions on his team, which effectively granted him 7 points for every TD.

4. Holds the all-time NFL record for most consecutive games with a rushing touchdown (18).

5. Holds the NFL record for most consecutive multi-touchdown games (8), breaking his previous tie with John Riggins [18]

6. Tied the record for most consecutive games with a touchdown score (rushing or receiving) with Hall of Fame fullback Lenny Moore.
Tied for third place for most career 200-yard rushing games (4).
7. Is the San Diego Chargers' all-time leading rusher.

8. Has the most career touchdowns in San Diego Chargers history, surpassing Hall of Famer Lance Alworth.

9. In 2006 he became the fastest player to reach 100 touchdowns, with his 100th career touchdown (90 rushing, 10 receiving) in his 89th game (breaking the previous record of achieving this mark in the 93rd game held by both Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith).

10. In 2006 He became the second player in NFL history to score 4 touchdowns in 2 straight games (Marshall Faulk is the other).

11. Holds the record for most touchdowns scored in a five game span with 16 TDs (14 rushing, 2 receiving), breaking his own record of 15 that he had set two weeks earlier. Prior to that, the record was held by Jim Brown with 14.

12. Became the first player to rush for 9,000 yards in his first 6 NFL seasons on December 24th, 2006.

13. Became the first and only player in NFL history to rush for 1000 yards and receive 100 passes in a single season.

14. Second player in NFL history with 1,800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in one season.

15. Joins Emmitt Smith, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander, and Marshall Faulk as the only running backs to record consecutive seasons of 20 or more touchdowns.

Corey who?

:singing:

Hahahhaha thanks for proving everyone's point. If I read correctly they were commenting on the character (or lack thereof) of LdT, yet you retort with a list of his statistical achievements.

That is precisely why that team is going to be sitting at home in the dark with the "Lights Out". You (and the team) appear to value individual statistics, showboating, and selfishness.

Me, I'll stick to my team that for the most part has good players, good people, and those who value the team as a whole and the end result as opposed to their own personal achievements.

Hahahhaha thanks for proving everyone's point. If I read correctly they were commenting on the character (or lack thereof) of LdT, yet you retort with a list of his statistical achievements.

That is precisely why that team is going to be sitting at home in the dark with the "Lights Out". You (and the team) appear to value individual statistics, showboating, and selfishness.

Me, I'll stick to my team that for the most part has good players, good people, and those who value the team as a whole and the end result as opposed to their own personal achievements.

Add showboating to the list of things your team values as well.

Last edited:
--------------------------------

Hey, would you rather be good or lucky in poker? I'd take the latter too.

LUCK is what brings you in, not that your team is good. Sorry I don't buy the argument.

Yeah, Lucky might win you a tournament, see Jamie Gold, but you don't win three SBs in five years and knock off five number 1 seeds by being lucky. Nice try though.

Corey who?

Watch the introductions of the AFC Championship if you've forgotten who Corey is, as he's still going to be playing next week.

logo

----------------

LOL. Leading up to the game most you had alka-seltzer in one hand and aspirin in the other.

The Chargers DID lose to a SUPERIOR TEAM, i.e., San Diego Chargers; they lost to themselves.

Everyone knows that, including you.
That's hilariously funny. The Patriots have such a LONG history of having SUPERIOR teams losing to 'themselves'. Pittsburgh who had their reservations in New Orleans, St. Louis who was unstoppable, Raiders, the Colts who have been acclaimed for years as totally superior to the Patriots, and NOW the Chargers who had their superbowl celebration planned, etc. etc. etc.

Do you see maybe some kind of TREND here ? ........................................ :p

--------------------------------

Hey, would you rather be good or lucky in poker? I'd take the latter too.

LUCK is what brings you in, not that your team is good. Sorry I don't buy the argument.

Luck has little to do with what we witnessed this past Sunday. And luck has little to do with the Patriots 3 most recent trips to the Superbowl as each one has gone through the league MVP(s) for each season. The Patriots weren't lucky, the Chargers simply imploded from the coaching to the defense to the offense turning the ball over. It's not a matter of skill either, it's a matter of discipline and team sacrifice.

Keep in mind though, Patriot fans really didn't get to see much of the 'end of game' antics as they really weren't broadcast on TV...which would have been the ONLY way we could have seen them as your classy organization decided to restrict ticket sales to Southern Cal residents only - now THAT's home field advantage wasted imo.

It gets better by the day.

The faces of the Chargers' players suggested they expected to win by 20 points, and when LaDainian Tomlinson scored to make it 21-13 with eight minutes to go, they decided to act as if they were ahead by 20 points. With eight minutes remaining, the Bolts were celebrating on the sidelines, and the clueless Schottenheimer did not tell them to get their heads back in the game. Schottenheimer was oblivious to the 16-ton weight about to be dropped on his head -- even though the opponent was the most efficient, unflappable team in NFL history! When New England's players saw some Chargers celebrating on the sidelines with eight minutes remaining as if it was already over, and realized the clueless Schottenheimer was oblivious, they smelled blood. I'll never forget the look on Michael Jordan's face when he saw Charles Barkley start to dance and clown around with a minute left in an NBA Finals game that Barkley thought Phoenix had already won. Jordan smelled blood, and a moment later the NBA crown was his.

Link

I am rewatching the game now. You can add this to the first post about how classy the Chargers are:

With 10:32 left in the third quarter Brady threw his second interception of the game. The ball was picked off by Drayton Florence, who returned it to the Patriots 32 yard line where he was forced out of bounds. The camera at that point cuts to Brady, who is jogging off the field. When the camera flashes back to Florence, he is with the football IN THE END ZONE doing a DEION SANDERS-ESQE TOUCHDOWN DANCE.

Somehow he managed to wander down 1/3 of the field to take his celebration into the end zone.

Now that's class.

Last edited:
And if you missed it (it's linked in one of the many other threads), there's video of Rivers screaming at Hobbs "Sorriest corner in the league and you're doing that?? Sorriest corner in the league!!! He IS!!! Sorriest corner in the league, act like you've won a game before!!!" etc etc etc

Funny, I recall that sorry corner breaking up quite a few Rivers passes in the game. I guess that makes Rivers a sorry QB?

Last edited:
Bump!

I've used links from this thread to defend the Pats on multiple other sites :)

Beyond what was said in "print" and what was relayed by Reche, you've also got to account for this board.

We already have proof that some players families and friends DO read this board. We already have proof that people in the Pats org DO read this board.

So they DID see all of those ****y @ss-hat trolls coming here running smack in the name of the Chargers. They knew that everyone in the country thought that the Chargers would win. From the media, to the Chargers players and coaches, to 'everyone but patsfans' fans.

The National media might be jumping on this whole 'give them a tampon' cry-fest, but the Chargers and their fans and the media all deserved a huge "f#ck you" and I'm, for one, glad that the Pats gave it to them.

LIGHTS OUT!!!

Now, on to the Colts.

what proof is that?? im honestly just wondering i didnt know that...thats actually cool if some of the players check this board out..i remember bethel had his own website hahaha

what proof is that?? im honestly just wondering i didnt know that...thats actually cool if some of the players check this board out..i remember bethel had his own website hahaha

Through the years we've had it passed on that certain players/players family members do read the board. I can't link to specific threads as the archive doesn't go that far back, but it was discussed and accepted from the people that gave accounts.

And we have had Tom Casale (of Patriots.com/PFW) here under various screen names.

Many times the news stories that end up in print or on some of the beat writers blogs are taken straight from hot topics on this board.

The list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back