Pats Defense Now Ranked 9th in PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
National Football League Stats - by Team Category | NFL.com

With all this talk about Gronk, let’s not lose sight of the stellar performance of the defense. They have a real shot to get into the top 5. Only 1 PPG separates the steelers, chargers, rams, eagles and seahawks, the 4-8 ranked teams. Man, what a turnaround! Great job Patricia!

Last edited:
They have a real shot to finish #2. Very impressive given how the season started.

They have done an excellent job. We will know more in a couple of weeks against the squealers.

Started on the bottom now on top.

drake_what.0.0.gif

Definitely a top 10 defense overall and a great compliment to a top offense. This team will go far in the playoffs.

Tons of credit to that side of the ball for the complete turnaround. Yards is dropping too. They only gave up like 115 passing yards yesterday? That’s impressive.

Around NE, if they aren't the 85 Bears, their defense sucks !

Only in NE after 8 games allowing below 17 points can they be doubted so much .

Still hilarious reading some of the posts in the gameday thread. Every week, you'll see idiots proclaiming that the defense sucks after the first series. They inevitably get humiliated when the defense proceeds to give up points in the single digits and have nothing to say. Until the first series of the next game when they "suck" again.

To meet last year's 15.6ppg allowed Pats need to allow 27 points over the next 4 games or allow less than a TD a game.

Tall order.

It won’t be a problem against the bills, fins and jets, but Pitt is likely to put up 17-20 points on us. A tall order indeed.

Does anybody have a link to the stats from weeks 5 to now?? I'd guess they are top 3 in least points allowed. Maybe Jax is less.....

It won’t be a problem against the bills, fins and jets, but Pitt is likely to put up 17-20 points on us. A tall order indeed.

Since they played the Pats they are av 26 a game. thats not bad. BUF and MIA are awful.

Pitt has a lot of talent but their offense is inconsistent. I can easily see NE keeping them under 17

Does anybody have a link to the stats from weeks 5 to now?? I'd guess they are top 3 in least points allowed. Maybe Jax is less.....
Top 1.
I posted them in another thread including being top half in yardage stats too.

1985 bears 198 points 12.5 per game
2017 pats last 8 games 95 points 11.9 per game
True story.

Since week 4 in addition to #1 in points allowed (a stingy 95 points or 11.9 ppg) they are 15 in total defense, 13 in pass yards, 13 in sacks, 13 in takeaways, 7 in defensive qb rating, 12 in rush yards 8 in first downs

It's ******** though because the defense shouldn't be dinged for the C hiking the ball past the QB and giving up a TD.

Defense has technically allowed 18.0 PPG which would make it Top 7. And no the 2 teams above them haven't allowed a offensive turnover TD.

The defense will wind up in the top five. Maybe even better in some categories. Reminds me of fouts ranting in 2014 saying: “I don’t know about Bill Belichick, he lets these guys do bad at the start of the year every year then brings the defense to a boil” then he stopped talking.

I’ve never known exactly what he’s getting at. Does he not like it or not?

BB will have them well prepared....Getting some healthy bodies back for the game will help....Hogan and Cannon come to mind.....

OOPS...we were talking Defense.....Nevermind :)

Looking at the teams left I’d be surprised if they don’t finish top 5. Amazing job by B.B. and Patricia.

As great as the 03 and 04 defenses were (our 2 best versions imo) Ive enjoyed watching the 16 and 17 versions more. They are less a product of abundant talent but more of a well oiled machine with each part doing its job just well enough.

We’ve had 2 real studs:
McCourty
Ht in 16/Gilmore in 17

And 2 budding stars in butler/flowers.

Compare that to: law, Seymour, Rodney, warren, bruschi , vrabel, Mcginnest,ted Johnson, Colvin , etc

Yet this d is still getting it done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST