PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Dante Scarnecchia returns as OL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is someone going to be serving as a backup OL coach? With Scar's age, and this looking like a short term situation, hopefully this will be an opportunity for him to groom a successor.

I would have to think that it's a safe bet. Not sure who that specifically would be, but I can't see them making the same mistake twice in terms of not having a successful transitional period from Scar to the next coach in waiting.

I would have to think that it's a safe bet. Not sure who that specifically would be, but I can't see them making the same mistake twice in terms of not having a successful transitional period from Scar to the next coach in waiting.

Stephen Belichick??? Not unusual for a coaches son to ascend to a position such as this.

Stephen Belichick??? Not unusual for a coaches son to ascend to a position such as this.

Funny that you say that, Darryl, because it makes a lot of sense, and has been something that I've privately pondered as well.

The fact that Bill was a center may add even more fuel to this idea, since it's likely a position that he has remained very interested in, and may pass some knowledge down to his son for his first real spotlight project.

So with Scar back, what would everyones opinion be of returning both Blount and Jackson to be the "big backs", keeping Lewis and White as the change of pace backs, and finding a way to fit Develin too? It'd save us money, the OL will hopefully improve, experience, superior coaching, etc.

The RB's were not good in the running game last season, but both big backs have proven over their careers that they possess the ability, and while the OL and passing game were both clicking on all cylinders pre-injury disaster even Blount was averaging over 5.0ypc I believe.

A long term solution is clearly needed, but perhaps 2016 should be more devoted to upgrading depth at WR, TE, and OL while RB can be addressed in an offseason with better young prospects whether it be the draft or FA. There are no slam dunks in 2016.

This team is poised to be even better in 2016 if we can avoid the incredible streakin of bad luck we saw in 2015, the number of injuries to our key players was unreal.

Nope. I love Lewis but he's not an every down back and their first down back needs to be able to contribute in the passing game.

Great news that Scar is back.

Thats where I think BB Jr. will be focusing his time this season.

Besides being the Coach's son, what actual qualifications does he have?

Which would actually be similar to what people are complaining about with the OL two years ago. Steve has spent most of his time with the linebackers, so in that sense he might make more sense as the linebackers coach than making the complete switch to assistant OL.

We've seen weirder things though, as Patricia went from assistant OL to LBs, McDaniels went from defensive assistant to QBs, Daboll went from defensive assistant to WRs, and Flores went from scout to STs to offense to defense.

If only the Pats had been able to keep former OL-turned-coach Brian Ferentz around. . . .

[Note: I'm not criticizing them for letting him leave; after all, there's nothing the Pats could offer that would clearly replace working with his dad at Iowa.]

bentornato Dante ! :)

One thing I learned this season after looking back Nate Solder did alot more for this Team than just protect Brady's blind side. This Oline coudn't block a fly after he went down...they were creating no holes whatsoever for our RB's. But on the otherhand they were creating plenty of holes for DE's and DT's.:rolleyes:

Losing Nate Solder = depending on Cannon or Fleming to get WAY to many snaps on the right side. Nate was playing hurt from game 1 before the injury that put him on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back