PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats cleared of all charges RE: falsifying injury reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see NFL go to NHL style injury reports. There are none. Everyone on the 23 man roster can pre-game skate. 5 mins before game time 20 man game roster due. 18 skaters and 2 goalies. During playoffs teams can have anyone under the 50 man contract limit eligible to play in playoffs. Same rules apply for 20 man game roster 5 mins before.
The amount of gambling which occurs on NFL games vs. NHL games is comparable to the GNP of the USA vs.. Leichenstein. As far as Vegas and illegal bookmakers are concerned, the NHL is like MISL.

The amount of gambling which occurs on NFL games vs. NHL games is comparable to the GNP of the USA vs.. Leichenstein. As far as Vegas and illegal bookmakers are concerned, the NHL is like MISL.

For a league that goes "out of the way" they sure do try to help out the gambling. If the NFL is serious about limiting gambling like they say, eliminate injury reports.

For a league that goes "out of the way" they sure do try to help out the gambling. If the NFL is serious about limiting gambling like they say, eliminate injury reports.

They aren't really serious, though. They know damn well that gambling helps to bring attention to games that normally wouldn't mean a thing to anyone in their right mind.

Fantasy football, football pools, online gambling, Vegas legalized gambling---it all helps promote the brand that is the NFL.

They aren't really serious, though. They know damn well that gambling helps to bring attention to games that normally wouldn't mean a thing to anyone in their right mind.

Fantasy football, football pools, online gambling, Vegas legalized gambling---it all helps promote the brand that is the NFL.

Oh I know they aren't serious I just hate injury reports and think they don't need to be released. Release in-actives like they do now. But nothing during the week.

I have no idea why people give credence to Florio. He's a crap source of news, PFT's stories are crap and the website is crap.

Other than Ian's wonderful Patsfans.com, where do you go to get your latest football rumors? I'd really like to know. I'm serious about not giving that hack any more page-views.

Other than Ian's wonderful Patsfans.com, where do you go to get your latest football rumors? I'd really like to know. I'm serious about not giving that hack any more page-views.
I'm not one for rumors 24/7 so I frequent places like Rotoworld, CBS Sports, ESPN Boston. Places like that where there are some reputable guys offering decent pieces to read.

Right! Florio is like most bullies, he can dish it out but he can't take it. Make a comment on his site that is even slightly critical of anything he writes and it will be deleted with surprising quickness. Write anything negative about the Pats, regardless of how off topic it might be, and you can a first class pass to the column. I wouldn't be surprised if Florio notifies the same 4 asshats who write the same crap on every Pats related post, so they can get there first to spew their ignorant bile.

BTW- That's why I wish the F Kraft or BB would finally get more aggressive in defending their franchise. Personally I'm tired of having to have to defend their franchise for them.

I don't understand why you feel the Pats need defending, especially from a mediot like Florio. If I were the Pats I wouldn't give him the time of day, let alone more words to be twisted around.

Really, I don't troll around any other sites. I pretty much DO rely on what's posted here for the most part, though I give ESPN Boston a look from time to time. Then again, most salient stuff on those sites is tickered at the top of this page.

The posters here are pretty damned good at pulling out relevant stuff to read.

Exactly.
Again, thanks to those posters who ferret out the good stuff from elsewhere. I make a point NOT to click on Florio's site. Thanks to those that do and report here.

Really, I don't troll around any other sites. I pretty much DO rely on what's posted here for the most part, though I give ESPN Boston a look from time to time. Then again, most salient stuff on those sites is tickered at the top of this page.

The posters here are pretty damned good at pulling out relevant stuff to read.

I use here and follow a boat load of NFL guys across the country on twitter. All of the beat writers for AFC East teams. And all the main national writers. And then whatever teams Pats are playing that week I follow that teams beat guys.

Like many in the media who cover sports, PFT was good at breaking stories. They had a lot of sources, and provided a good place to find all of the daily NFL news.

They started going downhill when they began to throw in their speculation and BS, which seems to happen all too frequently anymore. At this point though, it probably doesn't matter too much about not wanting to give them clicks since NBC already bought them out. If it's a matter of principle however, that's altogether different.

I just tend to scan through the crap and try and find what's relevant.

... They started going downhill when they began to throw in their speculation and BS, which seems to happen all too frequently anymore. At this point though, it probably doesn't matter too much about not wanting to give them clicks since NBC already bought them out. If it's a matter of principle however, that's altogether different.

I just tend to scan through the crap and try and find what's relevant.

I can almost accept the whole "I'm a contentious prick because it gets me more views than being nice" as a kind sad commentary on the whole sensationalism of modern media.

It's just a matter of principle in that I'm not going to add to Florio's paycheck by giving him a couple hundred or more views per month.

In my dreams I can just hope that somewhere down the line that the absence of my .10 cents a month will somehow inconvenience him a little.

Maybe instead of a 10,000.05 check for the month, he only gets 9,999.95 cents and that someone ruins his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes