PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats cleared of all charges RE: falsifying injury reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait there was an investigation?!

That's what I'm saying...and funny that we haven't heard one word on the "clearing" of the allegations from any other news outlet except for Boston/Ben Volin.

Tell an opponent a player has a sprained ankle, and the opponent will test the ankle. Tell him it's a thigh bruise, and he'll act differently.

I can see that most definitely.....as game planning would have to change and could catch someone off guard. But in the Spikes and Talib situation they didn't even see the field. The basis would be that they weren't injured but remained on the list anyways missing valuable playing time, which not only benefits themselves but the Patriots with Playoff/Superbowl contention. I just do not see were this situation benefits the Pats in any of the subsequent games played while supposedly "faking" these injured reports....?

Its just butt-hurt reporters and sports pundits that are pissy at how the Pats are very quiet about their in-locker-room practices and hate BB personally......sorry but if they want a circus go to the Jets or some other team where its a quote-a-minute. So with both Spikes and Talib trolling on their new teams it is a perfect opportunity to witch-hunt the Patriots because "Spy-gate" is loosing its luster and never had it to begin with actually.........the fact there was an investigation if laughable

PFT has just added a post on the Pats being cleared. But its dripping with innuendo and sarcasm. Here's how they opened it.
It wouldn’t feel right if the New England Patriots weren’t being accused of trying to skirt the rules in some form or fashion.
Of course they finished the post by repeating the initial claims made on the Talib and Spikes injuries and added a few TB stories as well.

In other words, the article goes. "the Pats are cheaters. They've been cleared by the league of any wrong doing. But the Pats are cheaters." :rolleyes: Florio didn't write it, but he'd be proud of the guy who did.

Did not know that. But seems that it was under the radar or was investigated quietly. Away from the fans. But Patriots did get cleared.

Bill Belichick's reaction was to put himself on the injury report as "Questionable" with a "Buttocks" injury.

I hate Mike Florio. I hate that he's made a success out of being yet another thin-skinned moralizer attacking anything he thinks might have an emotional button to exploit.

I mean, don't we have enough of those already?

But in trying to respond to Florio writing yet another innuendo filled attack piece on the Patriots, I came across an article about him getting into a Twit™ with the Mascot of the Jacksonville Jaguars of all people.

Jaxson DeVille, Mike Florio feud on Twitter - Big Cat Countryhttp://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/6...e-mike-florio-twitter-fight-profootballtalk[u

Here I think we got to see a little of the real Mike Florio. If I had read about him insult-bragging to a Mascot about the money he makes from his 50 to 100 million page views a month, him and PFT would have had that many less such views from me.

No more page views from me, Mr. Mike Florio, no more.

Last edited:
In googling "Mike Florio hates.." I came across a lot of articles about Mike Florio sensationalizing non-storys and attacking people other than Bill Belichick. I hadn't realized that Florio was just a **** to whomever, not just Bill Belichick.

My respect for him went down even more. Even as a Belichick homer, I can kind of understand why Belichick might rub the more self-important media types the wrong way. I just thought Florio was abusing his bully pulpit with personal agenda.

But I now think that Mike Florio simply built his bully pulpit by being a judgmental, poisonous little prick to anything that looks like it might be an emotional button to push.

Anyone remember his scathing attack on Aaron Rodgers walking by a woman with cancer in the airport.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/califor...odgers-jan-cavanaugh-cancer-patient-non-story

Anyway, I'm now thinking that Belichick and the Patriots are just one more thing for Florio to attack. He certainly knows that 4/5ths of the country hates us. By attacking us, he gets himself more page views than he loses.

But I dont think its just a business decision with him. The man hates being attacked. Funny how it's always this way. The most people with the most aggressive and contentious writing styles just can't stand to be criticized.

Such is what we see in reading over the witter war between Florio and of all people, the Jacksonville Mascot. I think you get a glimpse of what he's all about.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/6...lle-mike-florio-twitter-fight-profootballtalk

I think we got to see a little of the real Mike Florio here. I wish I had read about him insult-bragging about the money he makes from his 50 to 100 million page views a month a year ago. I could have started boycotting PFT then.

It's never too late. I'm starting today.

Hahahahahahaha. The mascot owned him!

NFL: Patriots Cleared After Investigation Into Falsified Injury Reports | NESN.com

And that, as they say, is that. Talib, VERY CLEARLY, grabbed his hip after coming up lame in the Saints game and the helmet on the ground frustration indicates that it was more than likely a recurring problem. That's part of the reason why I'm happy the Pats are playing the Broncos later in the season as Talib, as sure as the grass is green, will aggravate that hip before that game.

Everyone knew Talib was talking out of his *** when he said that, but regardless if its a hip or quad problem.....its still a problem that resulted in him missing quite a few games. And with that, I'm glad that's not our problem anymore.

Hahahahahahaha. The mascot owned him!
A friend of mine is actually his roomate. Nice ass house right on the ocean too. He actually makes disgustingly good money for what he does (must be the fact that he sometimes has to parachute or come down on a zip line into the stadium).

The quad is attached to the hip isnt it?

Nothing but sour grapes from 2 malcontents. Spikes because he was run off and Talib because the Pats wouldnt pay up for a part time CB who already had a 4 game suspension.

The quad is attached to the hip isnt it?

The problem is the injury reports are attached to the Vegas odds. Follow the money. It always leads back to the source.

Right! Florio is like most bullies, he can dish it out but he can't take it. Make a comment on his site that is even slightly critical of anything he writes and it will be deleted with surprising quickness. Write anything negative about the Pats, regardless of how off topic it might be, and you can a first class pass to the column. I wouldn't be surprised if Florio notifies the same 4 asshats who write the same crap on every Pats related post, so they can get there first to spew their ignorant bile.

BTW- That's why I wish the F Kraft or BB would finally get more aggressive in defending their franchise. Personally I'm tired of having to have to defend their franchise for them.

BTW- That's why I wish the F Kraft or BB would finally get more aggressive in defending their franchise. Personally I'm tired of having to have to defend their franchise for them.

That ship sailed long ago. Kraft went all mushy over the camera placement penalties. His business persona is as a conciliator not a confronter. The coach was at fault, so he was not in a position to defend the brand, nor is he articulate in these matters. The owner should have defended his brand, preferably by insisting to Goodell that he clarify explicitly what the Pats were being punished for.

The owner should have defended his brand, preferably by insisting to Goodell that he clarify explicitly what the Pats were being punished for.
That would have been helpful considering roughly 1% of NFL fans know what the punishment was for.

NFL whitewash claims by opposing team fans due to lack of detail in report in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . .

I don't know about the Broncos game, Kontra. What's the over/under on Welker and Talib colliding with each other in warmups and both being carted from the field before the actual game?

Nah, I think Talib will wait until playoff time to get his injury.

That would have been helpful considering roughly 1% of NFL fans know what the punishment was for.

We were punished because Roger hates Belichick, right?
goodell.jpeg

I would love to see NFL go to NHL style injury reports. There are none. Everyone on the 23 man roster can pre-game skate. 5 mins before game time 20 man game roster due. 18 skaters and 2 goalies. During playoffs teams can have anyone under the 50 man contract limit eligible to play in playoffs. Same rules apply for 20 man game roster 5 mins before.

The problem is the injury reports are attached to the Vegas odds. Follow the money. It always leads back to the source.
Id venture Vegas has their own sources for injury info.

When you see a spread that just doesnt look right, Vegas knows something that most everyone does not.

I have no idea why people give credence to Florio. He's a crap source of news, PFT's stories are crap and the website is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News