PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatriotsPlanet now killing PatsFans.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We NEED Votes.... Dont stop now...VOTE VOTE VOTE

Guess what . We're losing 44% to 55%. Guess they turned on the Bot again. If they are cheating I'm sorry but I can't help but look at them as a lame site.

Re: ATTN: OK Guys, Help Us Out

NEM said:
I dont think they wanted anyone to use a BOT, multiple votes, OK...I agree with you on that, but not a BOT

10,000 votes in less than 2 hours is not honorable.

UT should disqualify his site if he is honorable, which as you say, I believe he is.

Ian is an honorable guy too, and he promoted PAtriotsPlanet when they started, as did many of us here...this is wrong for whoever is doing it, over there, and UT should take the honorable course, and disqualify his site from consideration...
Let me try it another way.

If Ian decided he didn't want PatsFans.com to be listed in this voting, and emailed SI telling them that since the voting was set up to allow cheating he wanted HIS site removed from consideration. I suspect the reation from SI would be along the lines of "yeah, whatever".

The more controversy the better as far as SI is concerned.

UT has already asked the voting for his site be stopped. I suspect that what we're seeing is one or two rogue planeteers, going against his wishes, and click-stacking the vote to just cause trouble.

Crowpointer said:
Guess what . We're losing 44% to 55%. Guess they turned on the Bot again. If they are cheating I'm sorry but I can't help but look at them as a lame site.
Doesn't take a bot to crank up vote totals quickly. If you want to really see bot-work, check out the Jets poll, where two of the four sites are battling it out, and now hover somewere are 600,000 votes each.

I can't even get the poll now. It links to their pats page, and skips the poll completely.

I noticed that Ian un-stickied his link to the site where you can STILL hit the poll and vote.

I also noticed that we are losing by a landslide.

*** edit ***

Looks like the Patriots Planet guys are as mad as we are that someone is using a bot to cheat. They *say* they would rather lose than win by cheating.

Many over there think that NEM's angst over the whole issue has spurred the culprit on just to spite him.

Who knows. I hope SI throws the whole poll out.

Last edited:

How did Patriots Planet get 37K votes?????

NEM said:
I am sure it is one, or two, using the BOT...no doubt about it... 13,000 votes in just over 2 hours has to be BOT controlled...

Obviously republicans, they are good at that kind of stuff. :D

Iam finished now. Idid what I could, Ian deserved this honor...he has been great, and he deserved it.... he was a big help to get PatriotsPlanet started, and now he gets treated like this... Unbelievable

I am finished with this, entirely.

You have said you're finished with this a few times now......So are you?

You just keep complaining as far as I have seen. I am convinced that PF would be winning handily, if not for you're constant whining. Someone is obviously doing this to piss YOU off and it is working.

Not to mention, YOU are driving a wedge between some members of this board and some members of that board. You condone 1 form of "cheating" and complain about another. You have a very warped sense of "honor".

I guess Ian can thank YOU for whatever the results may be. If he even cares that much.

BTW, insulting UT's honor is ridiculous. The guy (and others) works hard, probably as hard as anyone else running a fan forum, to create a laid back and fun place for fans to come and chat about football, girlie pics, or whatever. Plus they put up with people like YOU, who obviously have nothing much more free time than they need.

Simply put, it's time to get over it.

Last edited:

Ian, Its obvious that the polling on SI has been compromised.

Its obvious that PatsFans.com is the #1 3rd party site on the internet for the community of patriot fans. Its not even close!

How about letting the facts speak for themselves. Ian, you could send SI your monthly site statitics such as:

Page views
Members
Guests
etc....

Also the bios of your team and the content they produce. Press Credentials, etc.

Hopefully SI will request the other 3rd party pats sites to do the same. Its in SI best interest to have the best community and content for SI surfers and sending them anywhere else but to patsfans.com will be doing SI readers a dis-service.

Good luck.

Last edited:

WTF - I guess the Bot or Bots are turned back on.

Look guys - you KNOW I NEVER agree with NEM on hardly anything, but the vote was clearly stolen - Patfans down to 35% now after being up at nearly 70% yesterday - thousands of votes per hour coming in for Patriots Planet

I don't need any proof that someone's cheating - that's just common sense. If that offends anyone at Patriots Planet so be it, but as of right now it looks like a given that they will "win" a stolen election.

It would have been a nice boost for Ian to have won a generally fair fan survey - instead someone has created a situation that pits one fan forum against another by trying to fix the vote

That's just downright shameful - if anyone at Patriots Planet finds that notion offensive - GOOD!

TheBigLebowski said:
You just keep complaining as far as I have seen. I am convinced that PF would be winning handily, if not for you're constant whining. Someone is obviously doing this to piss YOU off and it is working.

Not to mention, YOU are driving a wedge between some members of this board and some members of that board. You condone 1 form of "cheating" and complain about another. You have a very warped sense of "honor".

I guess Ian can thank YOU for whatever the results may be. If he even cares that much.

BTW, insulting UT's honor is ridiculous. The guy (and others) works hard, probably as hard as anyone else running a fan forum, to create a laid back and fun place for fans to come and chat about football, girlie pics, or whatever. Plus they put up with people like YOU, who obviously have nothing much more free time than they need.

Simply put, it's time to get over it.

If your blaming NEM for the results of a compromised poll you sorely misinformed. Its obvious some type of internet bot that just increments the votes for PP is being used. There is no way that PP has that type of traffic to justify those results. Don't blame it on NEM or anyone else because it makes you look bad.

OK - just for anyone to delude themselves this isn;t a Bot script designed to steal the fan poll...

Over nearly a week of spirited voting Patsfans earned about 20,000 votes as of yesterday. Patriots Planet - even after a bot that gave them about 6000 votes in a matter of hours, was at 11000 votes once someone temporarilly turned off the Bot.

Patriots Planet has now added more than 30,000 votes in less than 24 hours.

So in less than 24 hours more votes were cast for Patriots Planet than for PatsFans throughout the ENTIRE voting period.

It's become ridiculous, and I really don't care enough to start e-mailling SI and complain. I appreciate all the support, and thank you for all the votes.

Ian

Lloyd_Christmas said:
I noticed that Ian un-stickied his link to the site where you can STILL hit the poll and vote.

I also noticed that we are losing by a landslide.

*** edit ***

Looks like the Patriots Planet guys are as mad as we are that someone is using a bot to cheat. They *say* they would rather lose than win by cheating.

Many over there think that NEM's angst over the whole issue has spurred the culprit on just to spite him.

Who knows. I hope SI throws the whole poll out.

What's the problem with SI listing TWO fan sites instead of just one?

Too bad some jerk had to make this a farce. Oh well.

Last edited:

Ian said:
It's become ridiculous, and I really don't care enough to start e-mailling SI and complain. I appreciate all the support, and thank you for all the votes.

Ian

Wonderful. Let's please delete this and all related threads before any more bad blood is created.

NEM said:
Soprry, to disagree, but 13,000 votes in 2 hours plus can only be accomplished with a BOT.

Actually, this site is so stupid you can just hit backspace, vote rinse repeat.

I just voted about 30 times in less than 5 seconds.

SoCal Bong said:
Wonderful. Let's please delete this and all related threads before any more bad blood is created.
1st time poster here

no bad blood as far as I can tell, I am a planet member and found it as foolish as many here did. To me at least it was never a real issue.

I will say the bickering/accusations helped pass a few hours as we wait for the season to begin.

one thing though does it really matter, has anyone here ever gone to SI to find a link to a forum?

well back to the regular programs for it is time to start preparing my menu for Sunday

NEM said:
If you go to their site, and check the thread re the SI poll, you will see that they have devised a method to cast thousands of votes by constant clicking..... the instructions are simple....

I don't think they "devised" it. The poll program is stupid.

Undertaker told us since we couldn't figure it out. Just hit backspace-vote
backspace-vote.

I just voted 30 times in about 4 seconds.

I don't think the spammer is from their site anyway. Last thing they want is more troll traffic.

Maybe the "bot" action is from another site.:confused:

Ok, I just joined Patriots Planet a month or so ago, and I don't post here often at all, but let me just say this:

Lebowski is right.

If NEM wasn't such a pain over at PP, none of this would have happened. By making stupid claims such as "hitting backspace and voting again by hand is ok, but using a bot isn't" just ticks people off. More than likely, NEM, as seems to be his norm, annoyed someone either at PP or elsewhere, and they decided to use a bot to affect the SI poll.

That' it, folks. Pure and simple. Remain in denail if you want, but that is the case.

Patsfan09 said:
Ok, I just joined Patriots Planet a month or so ago, and I don't post here often at all, but let me just say this:

Lebowski is right.

If NEM wasn't such a pain over at PP, none of this would have happened. By making stupid claims such as "hitting backspace and voting again by hand is ok, but using a bot isn't" just ticks people off. More than likely, NEM, as seems to be his norm, annoyed someone either at PP or elsewhere, and they decided to use a bot to affect the SI poll.

That' it, folks. Pure and simple. Remain in denail if you want, but that is the case.

Wow... I don't think anyone at Patriots Planet is in denial about this being a Bot anymore - 40,000 votes now in 24 hours?

You guys all know I'd be the first to jump all over NEM with only the slightest provocation, but to blame HIM for the fact that someone at Patriots Planet has unleashed a Bot script to co-opt SI's "most popular Patriots Forum" is a conspiracy theory in and of itself.

The good posters at Patriots Planet are not too happy to have someone putting this black cloud over them - if the shoe were on the other foot I'd be embarrassed for us.

If someone's doing this just to get back at NEM they're pretty darn stupid because they've cast a dark cloud over their own website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST