PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will wear 1985 throwbacks as alternate in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean we're playing on thanksgiving this year?

ImgDyn.cfm

Cool pic. I like how Tippett is wearing shades. Too bad Tony Franklin didn't have the pic taken with one shoe off. It makes me made to look at Tony Eason.

Mosi!

For the record, I'm pretty sure the helmets the Pats wore this past season were modeled after the '85 look already. In '63 the Pat Patriot logo was considerably smaller.

For the record, I'm pretty sure the helmets the Pats wore this past season were modeled after the '85 look already. In '63 the Pat Patriot logo was considerably smaller.

The helmets they wore last year were from 61-64 with grey face mask, smaller logo, and no blue center strip. The 85 helmet has white face mask and a blue center strip.

BTW: My new motorcycle helmet using the latest Pat Patriot.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 390
The helmets they wore last year were from 61-64 with grey face mask, smaller logo, and no blue center strip. The 85 helmet has white face mask and a blue center strip.

Guy, scroll up above in the thread, and you'll see Tom Brady wearing the throwbacks from last year, and another player wearing the throwbacks from the 2002 Detroit game - the logo is the same size or darn close. The 61-64 was noticeably smaller. When I get home I'll post some pics to prove it.

I didn't pay attention to the stripes, but the logo was not the right size.

Guy, scroll up above in the thread, and you'll see Tom Brady wearing the throwbacks from last year, and another player wearing the throwbacks from the 2002 Detroit game - the logo is the same size or darn close. The 61-64 was noticeably smaller. When I get home I'll post some pics to prove it.

I didn't pay attention to the stripes, but the logo was not the right size.

I did notice that but the true 61-64 was smaller but I believe the Pats decided to use the larger stickers instead. The only difference as I said before....grey face mask and no blue stripe. Thats the only difference. In 90-91 they wore red face masks.

Last edited:
Hopefully they don't go on a road game and wear their throwbacks while the home team wears their current jerseys (at Miami). That looked really stupid.

Cool pic. I like how Tippett is wearing shades. Too bad Tony Franklin didn't have the pic taken with one shoe off. It makes me made to look at Tony Eason.

Mosi!
I definitely over looked that, smooth Andre!

BTW: My new motorcycle helmet using the latest Pat Patriot.

Oh man, that's great! I'll look out for you when I'm in Vegas next month.

if i am not wrong the main difference between 1963 and 1985 uniforms will be for the 'away'road' games

1963: white jersey, white paints
1985: white jersey, red paints (i prefere this version)

for the home games no major difference: only the stripes are different on the red jerseys

anyway, great !

i hope also it will be remembered (#30 sticker on the helmet ?) Mosi Tatupu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back