PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will wear 1985 throwbacks as alternate in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RealPatriots Confirm New Red Alternates in 2010

If its another throwback from say 71-83 era, which was the best Pats uni as us old pats fans would say... I wont buy it, Have 2 Brady throwbacks and a Grogan... But if it is like the fan version I might be tempted..

I think they are going to look great, I love the red look. I hope that we'll wear the all blue or maybe even the silver jersey. Big fan.

If you went for a brew at a pub in South Boston, and both Flying Elvis and Pat Patriot were picking fights with you, and you had to fight one, which one would you take on? I have to say, old Pat looks like a much tougher guy to me.

I make all decisions based on who I'm more likely to lose a fight to. That's why I ended up with a Durango instead of a Mini Cooper.*

*All untrue.

If you went for a brew at a pub in South Boston, and both Flying Elvis and Pat Patriot were picking fights with you, and you had to fight one, which one would you take on? I have to say, old Pat looks like a much tougher guy to me.
The Evils look sharper but I'd rather Pat over Bucco Bruce

I wanted to get a throwback this season, but didn't know who to get.

Hopefully we draft a stud defensive player and I can get them in the new alternate assuming its not hideous.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: Patriots' twitter confirms Pats will "wear red" in 2010

There's NOTHING in that tweet that says the Pats are going with specifically a red alternate jersey in 2010. All it says is that the Pats will wear red in 2010, and that it will be different than in 2009.

To me, that means that the Pats probably already know that they're getting the Thanksgiving game against the Lions (it's either them or the Jets), and so they know they'll be wearing their throwbacks for that game, and that those throwbacks will be the 80s style (worn in 2002), not the 60s style (worn in 2009 and (sort of) in 1994).

You guys are reading too much into this, I think.

Last edited:

We're bored. Just wait until June-July and see what we can read into stuff then. We will be arguing over what size cleats the Pats wore in Oakland in 1976.

Given how long they went between wearing the Pat Patriots reds last time (6 years IIRC) I don't think it's out of the question that they unveil new red alternates, especially if the Silver alts have been retired.

From a purely dollar standpoint, the Pats would surely make a lot more bucks off a new alternate, rather than a slightly different version of what they wore this year.

It's 2010, start of a new decade and a new dynasty, feels like a good time for a new alternate.

I'm fine with blue being the dominant color in the uniform's color scheme. Because red is one of my least liked colors.

I wish ownership would readopt the patriot logo. I really dislike the current logo--it sucks. Too trendy. It looks like a logo for arena football. I've never liked it.

Keep it real.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.png

I think the flying Elvis looks good.

The worst symbol in the league is the damn vikings. Its hideous.

Given how long they went between wearing the Pat Patriots reds last time (6 years IIRC) I don't think it's out of the question that they unveil new red alternates, especially if the Silver alts have been retired.

From a purely dollar standpoint, the Pats would surely make a lot more bucks off a new alternate, rather than a slightly different version of what they wore this year.

It's 2010, start of a new decade and a new dynasty, feels like a good time for a new alternate.

Let's not create news though.

You don't like our throwbacks? You must be in high school.

I'm probably old enough to be your father and I LOATHE those throwback red uniforms. Even Randy Moss looks slow in them. Burn the damn things.

What is it about red anyway? It makes no sense at all for a team with a Patriots motif to wear that color. The f*cking enemy, the REDcoats, wore red. The Colonial Army wore blue.

There's NOTHING in that tweet that says the Pats are going with specifically a red alternate jersey in 2010. All it says is that the Pats will wear red in 2010, and that it will be different than in 2009.

To me, that means that the Pats probably already know that they're getting the Thanksgiving game against the Lions (it's either them or the Jets), and so they know they'll be wearing their throwbacks for that game, and that those throwbacks will be the 80s style (worn in 2002), not the 60s style (worn in 2009 and (sort of) in 1994).

Of course we are. We're the same people that start 18 page threads every time Julius Peppers farts in the direction of New England.

Of course we are. We're the same people that start 18 page threads every time Julius Peppers farts in the direction of New England.

Thought I smelled something this morning...

Regarding the ridiculous offseason posts..

Someone had a thread about shoe color the other day, honestly; We've been in the off season since that stripsack on Brady vs the Ravens.

I actually watched about 40% of the combine, to watch prospects for us. I'm in football withdrawals so hard, its ridiculous.

OFFTOPIC: That said, if Jerry Hughes falls to us, and we pass on him I will cry so much.

Last edited:

Considered therapy?

Pat Patriot looks like he's taking a bowel movement. At least the Elvis image conveys some sense of forward motion.

----------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back