PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots wild card opponent will be:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy most of your math, but I'm not sure I buy your logic.

I worry about the Ravens. They have a ginormous chip on their shoulder after "how" they feel they lost the Foxboro game and were quite vocal about it for a week or more afterwards, from the HC on down. Also, that loss knocked their season temporarily off the rails as they came in 3--0 and then lost the next two games as well to drop to .500.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think the preference of the Ravens (or even the Broncos) over the Steelers is so clear cut that BB would "manipulate" the Texans game with avoiding them at the top of his mind. I think he'll play the first half and maybe most of the third quarter all out with the starters, then let the chips fall where they may with the starters on the sidelines.

That's a good argument. I can't say it isn't sound. It just seems to me that the Steelers are battle-tested.

Not so for the Ravens.

Bring on whoever...doesnt even matter.

No one wants to face the defending Super Bowl champions who are trying to retain thier title which gives more incentive than others so Pittsburgh is a team I think can certainly beat New England so we want to avoid them at all costs more so than any of the others who are much less concerning IMO

Re: Patriots wild card opponent by % chance

It is an advantage to Cinci to lose to the jets. They would then most likely play them the next week at home.

I just don't see Jets beating Bengals.

Due to the possible crazy strength of schedule swing as I posted earlier in the thread and detailed in a thread by Patsfanin Philly, there is a slight possibility that the Patriots can play the Jets even if the Pats and Bengals are tied at 11-5 or 10-6. This can only happen with the Pats being a #4 seed and the Jets being a #5.

Last edited:
Re: Patriots wild card opponent by % chance

It is an advantage to Cinci to lose to the jets. They would then most likely play them the next week at home.

Exactly right.

Cinci can rest players and run their offense and defense to see how NY counters. Then, they have film and all week to form a gameplan for their starters almost knowing what the Jets will do with the game at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back