PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Saints a good luck toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots VS Saints a good luck toast

Thank you for your words. I'm sure I can speak for every Patriot fan in saying that they mean so much, especially coming from a fan of another team. Thank you.

Also, kudos to your team for putting together a heck of a season. I must admit that I rooted against them more than for them down the stretch (selfish reasons), but I'm glad they're in the playoffs and a Patriots v. Saints SB would be epic. We'll see how things play out.

Nice post. You're welcome here anytime IMO, not just when our teams are playing each other.

We each have a tough road to Miami, though you guys do get to avoid any travel.

Brees has to show he can close the deal on a whole season, while Philly and Dallas are both peaking at the right time.

The Pats still have to show that they can beat a team with a winning record on the road, so I'm not even looking past the Houston game, which I think Belichick will play to win for at least three quarters.

Good luck.

Saints need to appear in a Super Bowl. I want them to make it. There is no Saint fan I don't like.

Steelers and Jets fans are another story. In my town they keep sniping at me. I like thumbing my nose at them.

THe Patriots are a curious case. We haven't played well for long stretches of this year but they have the opportunity to close strong and pull a surprise or two early in Oh-Ten.

If the Patriots face the Colts in the divisional round, I have a feeling the Pats will come out on top.

Even my dad, who's a big Colts fan, commented to me that "Every time their coach pulls players in the last couple of games of the season, they just forget how to play in the playoffs".

Honestly - I myself is on the fence with this. Not that the Eagles have clinched what they wanted yet, but they DID lose Jamaal Jackson, their center who makes all the line calls, and is probably one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Pt being that what IF Manning hits his thumb on someone's helmet? Or a DL falls on Jeff Saturday's leg? Or Dwight Freeney's head accidentally runs into someone's knee ala the same happened with Brian Westbrook? Or a 300 pd defender just falls on Reggie Wayne's ribs?

Anyhow - I have a feeling that the Colts will be 1 and done, and the teams that could be playing late this postseason are the #3-#6 seeds. Yes, that includes the Bengals, who I think are playing under the radar a bit.

Saints need to appear in a Super Bowl. I want them to make it. There is no Saint fan I don't like.

Steelers and Jets fans are another story. In my town they keep sniping at me. I like thumbing my nose at them.

THe Patriots are a curious case. We haven't played well for long stretches of this year but they have the opportunity to close strong and pull a surprise or two early in Oh-Ten.

yep, just making it means allot to us.

Last edited:
yep, just it making means allot to us.

Nah. Once you're there, you realize how godawful hard it was to get there and you know you have to win.

One of my most distinct memories of the Pats' run this decade is of the teams arriving for SB XXXIX. Donovan McNabb was photographed getting off the plane with a Video Camera and saying that he was just happy to be there; Brady was photographed getting off the plane carrying a steel briefcase full of tape and gameplans--he was going to work. If you go, you gotta win (unless, of course, you are playing the Pats).

Last edited:
yep, just it making means allot to us.

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I can honestly say our game a couple of weeks ago was nothing but an anomaly. I think the Saints ended up buying into their press clippings as their undefeated record went deep(and they've been banged up too), and I also felt they just took their feet off the gas pedal against the Bucs last week. No harm, no foul, as they've clinched the NFC's #1 seed.

By playoff time, the Saints will be rested and healthy, and good to go. I also feel my team will not only get pounded by the Eagles this weekend, but they'll make an early exit in the playoffs(we barely beat a bad Redskins team last week).

I'm a Cowboys fan, ...

I also feel my team will not only get pounded by the Eagles this weekend, but they'll make an early exit in the playoffs(we barely beat a bad Redskins team last week).

I think you're too pessimistic. I think the 'boys will give the Eagles all they can handle on Sunday and I like what I see of the "new Tony Romo." I haven't counted them out of a trip to Miami by any means!

pherein best of luck in the playoffs. As I said when you guys were still undefeated, you've got a classy HC and a classy QB and (if we can't win it of course ;)) I'll be rooting hard for you guys and the city of N'Orleans to win a SB. And the nice thing for you and the Saints is that you'll be SB contenders for years to come with that HC and QB.

Thanks for the note and good luck in the playoffs. Would love to see the Saints in the Super Bowl. Hopefully your secondary will be all healed-up during the bye week and ready to go.

And hopefully we'll see you at the big game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft