PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bears Running Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying exactly the opposite.

Someone tried to say (CuriousGeorge or BearsFan - I don't care to scroll up) that because AP performed poorly against the Bears, that the Patriots running attack would do just as poorly or worse. I suggested to him that this shouldn't be the case because the rushing attack relies on the whole team and that the Patriots in my estimation are better in many other areas that the rushing game relies on.

In fact, I'm arguing that extrapolating APs performance against the Bears to the Patriots/Bears game is nonsense. Exactly what you're trying to tell me. Maybe you need to re-read my earlier posts.
If its nonsense then why are you arguing that it is relevant?

Only to prove that your argument about season rushing stats is exactly as relevant. Of course I know otherwise now.

Friends?
I will chalk it up to mutual confusion

If its nonsense then why are you arguing that it is relevant?

Its not really that irrelevant. The bears did shut down AP, and there is more than likely chance that we may/would shut down your running game. The thing is, the patriots are a pass first team, which could mean half back draws. Its kind of a reverse play action, and may result in big runs.

Its not really that irrelevant. The bears did shut down AP, and there is more than likely chance that we may/would shut down your running game. The thing is, the patriots are a pass first team, which could mean half back draws. Its kind of a reverse play action, and may result in big runs.
Once again.
When discussing whether the Patriots or Bears have had a better running game this season,what AP did against the Bears is as relevant as what Frank Gore did vs the Rams.

The only times we've run HB draws are in short yardage situations (Morris).

The only times we've run HB draws are in short yardage situations (Morris).
Are you thinkiing of FB dives?
A lot of Woodheads runs are draws from the gun.

Yes you're right. Man, I am out of whack today. I should shut up.
Dude, you are right a lot more than most people on this board. Problem is most of them don't realize it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes