PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bears Running Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how it's irrelevant (seriously)
Because Adrian Peterson isnt part of the Patriots running game or the Bears running game.
Is Ahmad Bradshaw (23-129) relevant to discussing the Patriots and Bears running games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most Bears fans who joined this week have been great, but there always has to be that guy. ;)

Because Adrian Peterson isnt part of the Patriots running game or the Bears running game.

So we are allowed to compare and extrapolate from season stats (against other teams), but not compare how a single rusher performed against the Bears defense and try to extrapolate to how our rushing game will perform against them?

Yes, you posted the stats for the season.

EDIT: Look I'm not trying to be an *****, but the way you're going about it, everything is irrelevant and you shouldn't have even started this thread, right? Or am I still confused about something?

Last edited:
Is Ahmad Bradshaw (23-129) relevant to discussing the Patriots and Bears running games?

Almost exactly as relevant as

With all the comments about the weather helping the Bears, the PAts have a better running game this year.
Pats 317-1338-15-4.2
Bears 320-1235-7-3.9

Last edited:
So we are allowed to compare and extrapolate from season stats (against other teams), but not compare how a single rusher performed against the Bears defense and try to extrapolate to how our rushing game will perform against them?

Yes, you posted the stats for the season.
I posted the performance of each teams running game. Adrian Peterson has nothing to do with either. I'm really not understanding your point.
Are you saying that 17 carries by one player against the Bears is more enlightening than a full season of carries by the Patriots?

Forte has carried 14 more times than Green-Ellis for 49 yards and 6 less TDs/
Green Ellis is a better RB than Forte.

Don't be ridiculous. You're ignoring Forte's value in the passing game, and the fact that he's running behind a legitimately terrible OL.

Last edited:
I posted the performance of each teams running game. Adrian Peterson has nothing to do with either. I'm really not understanding your point.
Are you saying that 17 carries by one player against the Bears is more enlightening than a full season of carries by the Patriots?

The Patriots rushing stats never involved a game where the played the Bears defense. This is irrelevant to this afternoon's game.
Enlightening and relevant are completely different things. Stop misconstruing things to enhance your argument, it's childish.

I'm done posting here. Good luck figuring it out. Go Pats!

Last edited:
Almost exactly as relevant as
Really?
SO you think that how the Patriot running game and the Bear running game have performed over 12 games is irrelevant to which is better, as irrelevant as how one player played in one game vs the Bears?
Thats like saying Bradys performance all season is as irrelevant as what Brett Favre did in his game vs the Bears.
Really, are you just trying to be difficult?

Don't be ridiculous. You're ignoring Forte's value in the passing game, and the fact that he's running behind a legitimately terrible OL.
Forte is a mediocre RB. The Bears OL is a much better run blocking line than pass blocking and the Patriots are the reverse.

Everyone knows NE has crap for RB's, even the biased Eastcoast Sports Programming Network.
Everyone knows the Chicago Bears has crap for an offensive line aside from Olin Kreutz, who is in the twilight of his career. Why don't you ask Jerry Angelo when his is going to draft an offensive lineman worth a damn?

Last edited:
The Patriots rushing stats never involved a game where the played the Bears defense. This is irrelevant to this afternoon's game.
Enlightening and relevant are completely different things. Stop misconstruing things to enhance your argument, it's childish.

I'm done posting here. Good luck figuring it out. Go Pats!
Im not misconstruing anything.
I am saying the Patriots running game has been better than the Bears.

You are saying Adrian Petersons game vs the Bears should be part of that discussion. Its ludicrous.

Really?
SO you think that how the Patriot running game and the Bear running game have performed over 12 games is irrelevant to which is better, as irrelevant as how one player played in one game vs the Bears?
Thats like saying Bradys performance all season is as irrelevant as what Brett Favre did in his game vs the Bears.
Really, are you just trying to be difficult?

See this makes a lot more sense. I asked you to explain why it was irrelevant because I seriously didn't know -- I'm not trying to be difficult. This was not your argument/explanation previously. You simply stated that because Peterson is not associated with the Bears or Patriots that his performance against either is irrelevant. From that point, I was just trying to prove your inconsistency in logic. See how I got confused? But yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

Sure it matters- you should always take strength of opponent into account when evaluating stats. It also matters that the Bears have faced the Packers and Panthers, who don't run the ball well at all.

Of course, it's all going to come down to individual matchups anyways, and it's not like the Pats' offense is similar to the Vikings'. The Pats did just running against the Steelers, and were effective enough against the Ravens, so I wouldn't say that there's anyone that they can't run on.

Forte's overall numbers are okay, but he can be explosive at times and is capable of breaking one at any time. He's also a weapon in the passing game, averaging 60 catches per season prior to this one. He's got 36 catches, and is averaging almost 11 yards per catch.

See this makes a lot more sense. I asked you to explain why it was irrelevant because I seriously didn't know -- I'm not trying to be difficult. This was not your argument/explanation previously. You simply stated that because Peterson is not associated with the Bears or Patriots that his performance against either is irrelevant. From that point, I was just trying to prove your inconsistency in logic. See how I got confused? But yeah, thanks for clearing that up.
I was consistent all along, I think you misunderstood.
I was comparing running games, and the troll compared Adrian Peterson to Danny Woodhead, to which I said Adrian Peterson is irrelevant to a comparison of the Pats and Bears running games.

Im not misconstruing anything.
I am saying the Patriots running game has been better than the Bears.

You are saying Adrian Petersons game vs the Bears should be part of that discussion. Its ludicrous.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying exactly the opposite.

Someone tried to say (CuriousGeorge or BearsFan - I don't care to scroll up) that because AP performed poorly against the Bears, that the Patriots running attack would do just as poorly or worse. I suggested to him that this shouldn't be the case because the rushing attack relies on the whole team and that the Patriots in my estimation are better in many other areas that the rushing game relies on.

In fact, I'm arguing that extrapolating APs performance against the Bears to the Patriots/Bears game is nonsense. Exactly what you're trying to tell me. Maybe you need to re-read my earlier posts.

Sure it matters- you should always take strength of opponent into account when evaluating stats. It also matters that the Bears have faced the Packers and Panthers, who don't run the ball well at all.

Of course, it's all going to come down to individual matchups anyways, and it's not like the Pats' offense is similar to the Vikings'. The Pats did just running against the Steelers, and were effective enough against the Ravens, so I wouldn't say that there's anyone that they can't run on.
How does Adrian Petersons stats against the Bears have anything to do with the Patriots or Bears running games this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down