PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 10 (@ Philadelphia)

Posters on Philly boards are annoyed by how much Philly media is drooling over Brady and the Pats O.

THey should be more concerned that their defense is drooling over him too.

Is TE: Zack Sudfeld trying to make us say Gronk who? now hides behind the :behindsofa:. ;)

Maybe that other guy who played TE.

Suds & Gronk is the future :cool:

A few more from Jeff Howe, Boston Herald:

- W/ offensive drills seemingly over, looks like Dobson was benched for the fight with Williams. He didn't start it, but gut check for rookie.

- Brady finished 17-for-21 in 11-on-11s. Two incompletions were drops.

- This was a really fun practice. There was a lot of energy and competition. Well-executed by both sides. Lots of work from first teams.​

Mike Reiss, espnBoston:

Patriots' final 11-on-11 series for first-team offense ends on down note as wide-open Danny Amendola drops pass over middle from Tom Brady.​

Mike Tanier, Football Outsiders:

Amendola, wide open over middle in end zone, ugly drop.​

Mike Giardi, CSNNE:

- Cooper from Vick down sidelines and over Ryan. 30 yards

- (Mallett) not having a great day. Pocket awareness an issue​

Is TE: Zack Sudfeld trying to make us say Gronk who? now hides behind the :behindsofa:. ;)

Thompkins and Sudfeld continue their ascension up the depth chart. Sudfeld more a catcher than a blocker, will help us forget the prisoner. Not gonna miss Brandon "the worm" either. Hail to the UDFAs!

Notable, as many hold Mayock's opinions in high regard.

Mayock on NFLN glowing about the Pats. Said the offense may not be quite as good as last year, but will still probably be the best in the NFL. he was quite impressed.

Loves Thompkins and says Amendola can quickly get separation in any coverage.

Also says he thinks this might be the first time in forever since the Patriots defense doesn't have to scheme to get pressure. That would be huge if true.

A few more from Jeff Howe, Boston Herald:

- W/ offensive drills seemingly over, looks like Dobson was benched for the fight with Williams. He didn't start it, but gut check for rookie.

- Brady finished 17-for-21 in 11-on-11s. Two incompletions were drops.

- This was a really fun practice. There was a lot of energy and competition. Well-executed by both sides. Lots of work from first teams.​

Mike Reiss, espnBoston:

Patriots' final 11-on-11 series for first-team offense ends on down note as wide-open Danny Amendola drops pass over middle from Tom Brady.​

Mike Tanier, Football Outsiders:

Amendola, wide open over middle in end zone, ugly drop.​

Mike Giardi, CSNNE:

- Cooper from Vick down sidelines and over Ryan. 30 yards

- (Mallett) not having a great day. Pocket awareness an issue​

Cue wes welker comparisons from the media :)

The most overlooked trait in Brady’s greatness is his ability and desire to fight through adversity, this is what Peyton Manning lacks he needs everything to stay within the blueprint, Tom Brady does not.

That is the single greatest statement i have read on these boards in two years. kudos.

Bob Grotz ‏@BobGrotz 4m
The most amazing thing about the ease in which Tom Brady has dissected the Eagles ... Almost all of his receivers are rookies.

Of course if brady has a good season with these wideouts, the media wont fawn over them as much they did manning last yr and his 'new guys' .Its the system :)

I can't wait until gronk is back and playing!!!!!

Why are so many Patriot fans so hung up on Peyton Manning? What's with the inferiority complex?

Kudos to BB and scouting staff for bringing in Thompkins and Sudfeld. Great finds who may play important roles this season.

Kudos to BB and scouting staff for bringing in Thompkins and Sudfeld. Great finds who may play important roles this season.

Looking forward to seeing both of these guys against the Eages. Think I'll be staying up to watch the game.

Why are so many Patriot fans so hung up on Peyton Manning? What's with the inferiority complex?

It's not an inferiority complex at all. It's more an annoyance with people who don't know jack****.

PatsFan2 - In my view, I think that Sudfield is probably a better fit in replacing Hernandez's role considering his upper body makeup.

beli: what I said was meant to be purely *sarcasm*.:)

Do really have to ask that question. Same reason the media fall all over him. Same reason the Jest are obsessed with Brady.

Mike Mayock from Eagles practice: "Amandola had a great day. He won against press, he won quickly, he understands zone, made great catches."

https://twitter.com/PatriotsXLVIII/status/364831379701239810

One I'll be focusing more on tomorrow. Saw handful of fluid drops in cov. Got hands on TEs. RT @StevePalazzolo: Thoughts on Jamie Collins?

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/364828752749928448

I was very impressed by Patriots WR Kenbrell Thompkins. He's a long, athletic dude with strong hands. Brady found him a bunch today.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/364832055860793344

I wish this was open to the public. Sigh... anyway, some headlines from the Eagles side.

@LesBowen: This Brady fellow is right on the money with every single throw, over and over and over again. Like watching a quarterbacking cyborg

@jeffphowe: Brady just completed 20-of-20 in first 1-on-1s vs Eagles CBs. Dobson made a filthy one-handed turnaround catch. Boyce 2 difficult grabs.

@JimmyKempski: Vick sacked twice on this drive

Do really have to ask that question. Same reason the media fall all over him. Same reason the Jest are obsessed with Brady.

I do have to ask it because I'm absolutely befuddled why Patriot fans want to talk about Peyton Manning more than Tom Brady.

He's a QB for another team. Big deal.

Schefter just mentioned Kenbrell Thompkins as a player to watch.

Another Philly perspective: Jeff McLane, The Philadelphia Inquirer:

- Looks like we're having the first joint part of practice with one on ones.

- So basically what we have is one on ones between WRs and TBs and OL and DL.

- One on ones are more difficult for DBs, but Tom Brady is making mincemeat out of the #Eagles DBs.

- LeSean McCoy is doing work on side field. Not involved in one on ones.

- #Eagles and #Pats now facing off on kickoff. Damaris Johnson just had a decent return.

- Poor GJ Kinne. Playing STs and just got crunched despite wearing off-limits red jersey for QBs.

- We have 7 on 7s going on separate fields. #Eagles O vs. Pats D and vice versa. Pats aren't using fly swatters.

- Michael Vick hits a wide open Riley Cooper over the middle for about 15 yards and splits two fly swatters.

- Nick Foles hits a slanting DeSean Jackson over the middle in the end zone. Strong throw.

- Riley Cooper getting some work with the first team. No different than before he left.

- Two dropped passes in a row with Foles at QB. First James Casey, then Bryce Brown.

- Casey bounces back and catches short pass from Vick.

- Arrelious Benn is back in the trainers tent. Cue skipping record.

- Can be painful watching Tim Tebow throw the football.

- McCoy still not practicing.

- And we're having out first full team drill ...

- Nick Foles first up with the ones and he's nearly picked off throwing a bubble screen to DeSean Jackson.

- Allen Barbre starting at LT with Jason Peters out.

- Looks like they're playing "thud" with a decent amount of contact.

- Foles just hit DeSean for 50 yards and a score. Perfect throw. DJ was wide open.

- Chris Polk running with the twos. Looks goods. Skipped through a hole.

- FIGHT: Cary Williams in first brouhaha.

- Williams and Patriots WR Aaron Dobson were the ones mixing it up. Lots of grabbing. Ended fairly quick.

- Second team DL: Geathers and Logan DEs. Square NT.

- There's certainly a little chippiness to the affair. Bennie Logan was just jawing with a Pats OL.

- Vick with a strong throw to Zach Ertz over the middle. Good anticipation.

- Chip Kelly pulled Cary Williams off the field and we haven't seem him since.

- Bryce Brown with another drop. A short throw by Foles, tho.

- But Brown can run. Bounces outside and picks up plus yards.

- Russell Shepard getting a lot of first team looks at WR.

- Loudest I've heard Chip Kelly: Yelled at Russell Shepard for being offside. "Get your feet set!"

- It's been strictly first and second teams during team drills. No Matt Barkley or Tim Tebow so far.

- Bradley Fletcher not making plays. Just got toasted on a post route. DeMeco just broke up a pass.

- Brandon Boykin with the blitz from the slot. Brady got it off in time but pass dropped.

- Second team D: Casey Matthews slices into backfield and would have made tackle on RB (I think).

- Red zone. Brady up.

- Kenny Phillips is getting a lot of time at first team safety alongside Patrick Chung.

- Eagles D did a nice job there against Brady and Pats first team O.

- Haven't seen much of Riley Cooper during team drills.

- Foles tries for Shepard deep. Throw was long. Good coverage.

- Offense has been fairly vanilla. No read option, understandably.

- Brandon Hughes has been filling in for Cary Williams since he's been pulled.

- Tom Brady withstands #Eagles blitz, finds Danny Amendola singled up against S Kenny Phillips and hits him for score.

- Matt Barkley and the third team O finally in.

- Matt Barkley just tossed a beauty to Logan Ryan. Too bad he plays for the Pats.

- Dennis Dixon now getting some snaps with the third team.

- Quick assessment as practice winds down: Kelly and the #Eagles have a ways to go, but that was always to be expected. Pats pretty good, too.

- Michael Vick is back on the field with first team, so we have a little more action to go.

- Vick throws a jump ball to Riley Cooper who pulls it down in the back of the end zone over Pats DB.

- BREAKING: Tom Brady is good.

- Brandon Graham struggling in coverage. Predictable.

- Foles just feathered a 30-yard TD pass to Cooper that he caught over his shoulder.

- Other than that near INT Nick Foles threw early, he has been sharp.

- Cooper getting a lot of action right now. Just made another long, over-the-shoulder catch.

- Danny Amendola drops one in the end zone after he juked Trevard Lindley. Hit him between the 8 and 0.

- FAKE! #Eagles fake kick and Donnie Jones runs for first. Pats made little effort.

- That's it. Practice is over.

- Chip Kelly: Riley Cooper spoke, he thinks, with every player on the team.

- Kelly said that both Cary Williams and Aaron Dobson sat after scrum. Was agreed upon before practice.

- Kelly seemed to indicate that Cooper will in Friday's game.

- Patrick Chung on Riley Cooper coming back: We're over it. We're moving on.

- Riley Cooper: It took a few days before he felt like he was ready to be back.

- Cooper on if he's here to say: "I sure do hope so."

- Cooper said he got to see his family when he took his leave.

- Arrelious Benn injured his same knee again.

- Damaris Johnson and Felix Jones have hamstring injuries.

- Cooper, during his leave, returned to his home in Florida and saw his parents​

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back