PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 10 (@ Philadelphia)

Bob Grotz ‏@BobGrotz 4m
The most amazing thing about the ease in which Tom Brady has dissected the Eagles ... Almost all of his receivers are rookies.

Posters on Philly boards are annoyed by how much Philly media is drooling over Brady and the Pats O.

In their defense, it has been awhile since Philly media has seen great QBing at NovaCare.

Please, no more posting Matt Chatham's tweets! Didn't understand a word.:bricks:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 55s
Practice over. Pretty intense session, and long -- 2:30. Great day for Amendola, Sudefeld & Thompkins, rough day for Talib & Logan Ryan

- CB Alfonzo Dennard having a tough time with WR Riley Cooper (2 TDs) in 11-on-11s. Cooper's return to Eagles the big national story today.

As an African American I sure Dennard just doesn’t want to get that close to a racist :hand: like Cooper. Can’t say I blame either :yuck:.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 16s
Brady finished 17-for-21 in 11-on-11s. Two incompletions were drops.
Expand

Pretty obvious which side you lean towards reading into.

Also, DeSean Jackson is probably the fastest WR in the NFL.

Ridiculously stupid statement considering I've also been praising the good plays the team has made today while still throwing out that disclaimer. But whatever floats your boat, champ.

So...

-Brady's awesome
-Eagles secondary sucks
-Logan Ryan torch city, Tavon screws up again
-Two UDFA weapons with another good day
-Dobson not backing down to ratbird turd

All the programs are run loosely these days for the most part, the coaches only care about winning and having players drafted by the NFL; since they can’t pay the players or incent them in any way they just let them run amuck and clean up after them, because if they were to lay down the law in any way they would just transfer and that would reflect negatively on the head coach; players hold all the power. The issue is when by the time they end up in the NFL it’s to late they’re stuck in their ways to much and it’s either impossible to change them or minimally it’s a long and painful process.

I smell what you're cooking, though I still feel that if coaches use that as an excuse to run a lawless program,
then it would be a cop-out.

Hoping to see more of those one handed grabs like the one tweeted above and this one...

1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

Dobson has 33” arms and 9” hands, that’s a huge advantage to go up and get a ball, and control it with just one hand.

Sounds like Brady is still Brady. Encouraging to hear Thompkins kept up the outstanding camp he's been having against a defense he hasn't seen yet.

So...

-Brady's awesome
-Eagles secondary sucks
-Logan Ryan torch city, Tavon screws up again
-Two UDFA weapons with another good day
-Dobson not backing down to ratbird turd

Given Brady's success, I'd venture a guess that the format is tilted heavily in favor of the offense (mostly because I don't see Cooper beating Dennard on anything close to a regular basis).

I smell what you're cooking, though I still feel that if coaches use that as an excuse to run a lawless program,
then it would be a cop-out.

I agree it shouldn't be an excuse at all; if the colleges all held the players to a certain standard than they could take back control, but if only some schools do it than eventually every college will begin to allow it because if you ask a 17-18 year old young man where he wants to go to school 95% of the time it’s going to be the place he can have the most fun and get away with the most things.

The best thing to do is to disallow any player who has a conviction on his legal record or suspension on his college record from being eligible for the NFL draft. Teams can still certainly sign them as UDFA’s but they cannot be selected, this will begin taking money out of their pockets and they will clean up their acts.

Erik Scalavino ‏@E_Scal 18s
#Patriots Sudfeld is finding openings galore in #Eagles defense, catching everything thrown his way.

Given how much BB loves him his TEs, he might need some "Hoodie Time" after this practice. :D

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 1m
Mayock confirms on ITC Tuesday that @greggrosenthal's boy Kenbrell Thompkins is impressing at Patriots camp.

Notable, as many hold Mayock's opinions in high regard.

So it sounds like our secondary are same 'ol, same 'ol.

Is TE: Zack Sudfeld trying to make us say Gronk who? now hides behind the :behindsofa:. ;)

PatsFan2 - In my view, I think that Sudfield is probably a better fit in replacing Hernandez's role considering his upper body makeup.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back