PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 10 (@ Philadelphia)

Derek Havens ‏@PatriotsHaven 2m
#Patriots WRs have abused the #Eagles CBs in practice today. 1-on-1's, 7-on-7's, NE has had a terrific day passing the ball. Looking great.

Derek Havens ‏@PatriotsHaven 2m
#Patriots WRs have abused the #Eagles CBs in practice today. 1-on-1's, 7-on-7's, NE has had a terrific day passing the ball. Looking great.

That's good news, and a good start for the new crops of WR's. Can't take much away from one practice, but it's certainly not a bad thing.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe

Brady went 7-for-7 in first round of 7-on-7s. Completions to Thompkins, Boyce, Hooman, Thompkins, Hooman, Amendola, Washington.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe

Brady went 7-for-7 in first round of 7-on-7s. Completions to Thompkins, Boyce, Hooman, Thompkins, Hooman, Amendola, Washington.

This sounds like the Brady of old...hopefully it sticks.

Apparently this CB was Chung, so...

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe

You're not gonna believe this. Just got an Eagles roster. The player Amendola turned around three times was Patrick Chung.

:D

More from Jeff Howe:

- Belichick echoes he never thought difference between 3-4/4-3 is "that big of a deal." Referenced 3-4 w/ Giants when LT rushed 85% of time.

- Belichick on Chip Kelly's offense: "I'm sure he'll give us plenty of trouble."

- On joint practices, Belichick said they'll leave the field today better than they are right now.

- Belichick: "I don't see how any player, rookie or veteran, cannot benefit from a practice like this." Added same about coaches.

- Good sign for Dennard, Vereen, Slater, Ballard, Wilson that they're all here at practice after being hurt this week.

- Absent: Jenkins, Harrison, Dowling, Ebner, Cannon, Connolly, Zusevics, Green, Haslam, Gronk, Cunningham, Armstead. No surprises.

- For a week like this, if the Pats know a player is too injured to practice, they won't make the trip and rehab at home.

- Amendola turned around a CB three times in one rep.

- 1-on-1 reps w/ Brady: Dobson 4, Boyce 4, Amendola 3, Thompkins 3, Edelman 2, Aiken 2, Sims 1, Haggerty 1.

- Brady went 7-for-7 in first round of 7-on-7s. Completions to Thompkins, Boyce, Hooman, Thompkins, Hooman, Amendola, Washington.

- You're not gonna believe this. Just got an Eagles roster. The player Amendola turned around three times was Patrick Chung.

Tough to tell what to make of this because it is only a scrimmage, but it looks like either this offense is much better than we think or the Eagles defense is even worse than we think or it means very little because it is only a scrimmage. I am going with option A just because I can.

I think 1-on-1's illustrate individual ability (i.e....qb's accuracy, WR's hands, speed, agility, ability to get open, jumping, etc...). It sounds like we've got a very athletic group of pass catchers, which isn't all that surprising. That seems to be the common theme throughout camp. The question is whether they can convert that athleticism into productivity in real game situations. Only time will tell but I'm feeling good about our chances.

Nice to see Chung still displaying those "elite" coverage abilities. :rocker:

I am not going to put any stock in what we are doing after hearing that Chung was one of the Eagles Safeties.;) That Mario Manningham catch that should not have happened in the SB if Chung played it correctly still gives me nightmares.:mad:

To everyone who provided updates thanks.

Does anyone know why they decided to close of training camp today to the public?

jeff howe ‏@jeffphowe

you're not gonna believe this. Just got an eagles roster. The player amendola turned around three times was patrick chung.

:d

LOL ....:D.
Ten damn characters:bricks:

Would be interested to see some updates from the philly based reporters too.

Sounds like DeSean is having a good day:

Jimmy Kempski ‏@JimmyKempski 56s
DeSean and Foles roast Logan Ryan deep. Everyday occurrence for DeSean.

#Eagles put 5th QB GJ Kinne on the kickoff team for some reason, and Kanorris Davis just destroyed him on a hit. What non-contact jersey?

Martin Frank@Mfranknfl

Foles-DeSean 50-yd TD. Beat Pats defender badly.

Jeff McLane‏@Jeff_McLane9s
Foles just hit DeSean for 50 yards and a score. Perfect throw. DJ was wide open.

Tim McManus‏@Tim_McManus12s
DeSean shakes loose on right side, Foles finds him for 50 yard TD.

More from Jeff Howe:

- Belichick echoes he never thought difference between 3-4/4-3 is "that big of a deal." Referenced 3-4 w/ Giants when LT rushed 85% of time.

- Belichick on Chip Kelly's offense: "I'm sure he'll give us plenty of trouble."

- On joint practices, Belichick said they'll leave the field today better than they are right now.

- Belichick: "I don't see how any player, rookie or veteran, cannot benefit from a practice like this." Added same about coaches.

- Good sign for Dennard, Vereen, Slater, Ballard, Wilson that they're all here at practice after being hurt this week.

- Absent: Jenkins, Harrison, Dowling, Ebner, Cannon, Connolly, Zusevics, Green, Haslam, Gronk, Cunningham, Armstead. No surprises.

- For a week like this, if the Pats know a player is too injured to practice, they won't make the trip and rehab at home.

- Amendola turned around a CB three times in one rep.

- 1-on-1 reps w/ Brady: Dobson 4, Boyce 4, Amendola 3, Thompkins 3, Edelman 2, Aiken 2, Sims 1, Haggerty 1.

- Brady went 7-for-7 in first round of 7-on-7s. Completions to Thompkins, Boyce, Hooman, Thompkins, Hooman, Amendola, Washington.

- You're not gonna believe this. Just got an Eagles roster. The player Amendola turned around three times was Patrick Chung.

Is it only me or does WR Josh Boyce seems much better than regarded?:cool:

To everyone who provided updates thanks.

Does anyone know why they decided to close of training camp today to the public?

They didn't want the racist wr to get shot. That dude needs to go in the witness protection program or something and get a new identity. Maybe something like Archie Bunker.

Erik Scalavino ‏@E_Scal 1m
#Eagles WR DeSean Jackson just burned #Patriots rookie CB Logan Ryan, S Tavon Wilson on a deep bomb TD from Nick Foles.

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier 39m
Desean Jackson just blew up Aqib Talib in a 1on1 fly route. #Eagles #Patriots

What's up with my Gators this year?

- Ahern in jail on murder charges.
- Pounceys wear Free Hernandez hats.
- Riley Cooper joins the KKK.
- Percy Harvin out for most of the season.
- Chris Rainey... domestic violence.
- Urban Meyer snitching.
- Tim Tebow, our best hope at NFL success at QB was lucky to be signed for a 6 inch cold-cut sub combo and had to pay out of pocket for the cookie.

C'mon man!

Anyways... back to Patriots Day 10. :D

20191_495473823860914_187884365_n.jpg

Would be interested to see some updates from the philly based reporters too.

All the ones I am posting are from the Philly boards.

From Seth Wickersham, espn:

- Brady and Tebow throwing against Eagles DBs. One has yet to throw an incompletion. The other ...

- Brady can't miss. Yes, it's non-contact. But he hasn't missed. Ten for ten on seven on sevens.​

From Mike Tanier, Football Outsiders:

- Belichick on what makes Chip Kelly's offense challenging: "We're gonna find out."

- Belichick on refs dictating pace. "We'll see how they actually call it, and I'm sure it will vary from game to game."

- Belichick was asked if he talked to his defensive backs about facing Riley Cooper today. "No."

- Surrounded by fans watching Riley Cooper catch passes at #Eagles camp. No boos. No cheers. No comments.

- But I am sure 1 nitwit will mutter something and the story will be #Eagles Fans Go Crazy Because of Riley Cooper.

- Desean Jackson just blew up Aqib Talib in a 1on1 fly route.

- Kickoff drills. Damaris Johnson jukes the whole #Patriots coverage team for the #Eagles.

- WR Kembrell Thompkins of the #Patriots keeps getting open in 7on7s. Big rookie, good wheels.

- Tebow throws a TD to Ballard on a 7on7 drill for the #Patriots. From the 5 yard line. Then he threw at Sufield's feet.

- Talib just jumped a Foles pass, but dropped the Pick 6.

- DeSean Jackson wide open TD from Foles on a play action read option for #Eagles.

- FIGHT! Aaron Dobson versus Cary Williams.​

From Tom Curran, Comcast SportsNet New England:

- Aaron Dobson and Cary Williams get into it downfield on first 11 on 11 rep. Couple pushes and a swing by Williams before broken up.​

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back