PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Training Camp 7-28-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News

All we need to know been a long time between drinks for a young talented Patriots wide receiver. :cool:

All we need to know been a long time between drinks for a young talented Patriots wide receiver. :cool:

Remember when Tre Nixon was going to be put in Canton? It's one thing to flash in camp. It's another to do it in games.

Hopefully the Patriots Medical staff are keeping an eye on the players. I think it's insane that Marcus Jones is out there in a Hooded sweatshirt.

Remember when Tre Nixon was going to be put in Canton? It's one thing to flash in camp. It's another to do it in games.
I don't remember anyone every saying that anything remotely close to that about Nixon.

I don't remember anyone every saying that anything remotely close to that about Nixon.
DB he looked good last TC them the drops in preseason games.

A couple of reporters said they were making an emphasis on hydration today.
Agree and I think they mentioned that the coaches were herding players in and out of a new cooling "fun-house igloo" kinda thing.

Good point by Evan...last year at this time the issue with the offense was mostly coaching dysfunction and so far this camp it's mostly the defense is good.
I mean, not creating separation is also an indictment on the offense. It's obviously too early to be concerned, but they don't really have any guys on the roster aside from Douglas who excel in short area quickness and creating separation at the top of the route so the fact that this has been an issue early on is something to keep an eye on.

Good point by Evan...last year at this time the issue with the offense was mostly coaching dysfunction and so far this camp it's mostly the defense is good.

I also think this offense in particular is going to benefit from A) having the threat of the run be a reality, which it isn't when the pads aren't on, and B) scheming things up rather than running basic route concepts and hoping guys win. I expect camp and preseason to feel a bit underwhelming in that regard. The hope is that when they start to actually gameplan in the regular season that things start to ramp up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back