PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Targeting a UNC wideout?

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bill tipping the pick for round 2?

251fbc5ec4fed7ef909287bdb1add9a3.png

Josh Downs?

Edit; Yes I know Oregon and UNC played a bowl game last season but if you look at highlights from that game neither end zone for the teams were colored in, it was just the school name.

Last edited:
Belichick was apparently watching film of a North Carolina receiver last night while the team was filming a video:

Here's the actual video posted by the team:

Last edited:
I would love Downs, runs really good routes, really good slot player. Will get open and go up to get the ball. Too small to handle press so he's probably exclusively a slot. Comped to Tyler Lockett and Jahan Dotson.

Bills rumored to interested with Downs

Josh Downs?

I honestly never seen the kid play, but his player comparison of Robbie Anderson &
Travis Benjamin, does not impress me.

They compared Thornton to Robbie Anderson last year.

Much rather trade up for a TE, even though we need WR help.

I love beasts & TE Darnell Washington is a beast. I would think Belichick would love him because he is an amazing blocker & that is right up his alley. Henry is no spring chicken & in the last year of his contract.

Supposedly that was last years draft board. That’s what someone wrote on Twitter

Would rather try and get Tank Dell in the 3rd

Supposedly that was last years draft board. That’s what someone wrote on Twitter
It's not the board - they're referring to Bill's laptop screen.

Some highlights. He's a shifty player with good balance and change of direction. Also catches a lot of balls with his hands away from his body, shows a good ability to extend for the ball on passes that seem out of his reach. Looks like he also got in some work in the return game.

Some highlights. He's a shifty player with good balance and change of direction. Also catches a lot of balls with his hands away from his body, shows a good ability to extend for the ball on passes that seem out of his reach. Looks like he also got in some work in the return game.

Not too much separation and yac. Seems more like jacoby

I'm all in on Josh Downs..

Also wouldn't mind Darnell Washington or Dawand Jones...but I think Steen is probably their guy.

Cousins, I would rather go in a different direction at WR.
Downs is a nice piece but JuJu will probably be our slot. We need a #1 WR in the X position. Too much redundancy
I still would love to have Jeudy from the Broncos. Denver only had five total picks in the Draft.

Looking forward to to-nite.
Swap our #46 and the pick #120 we got from the Steelers along with Kendrick Bourne for Jeudy. That ought to get Sean off dead center and he only has five picks the entire draft.

Then at #76 TE LaPorta

Trade up with AZ who have no 4th Rounders and we have 4-#120.Give them #107 and #135 for the AZ pick of #116 and go get OT Bergeron

A Friday might of Jeudy, Laporta and Bergeron would be spiffy.

On Saturday I see us going for front seven help.

DW Toys

Bill tipping the pick for round 2?

View attachment 51041

Josh Downs?

Edit; Yes I know Oregon and UNC played a bowl game last season but if you look at highlights from that game neither end zone for the teams were colored in, it was just the school name.
Having last year's picks up there and the laptop... it seems a little staged like on those video sites like TicTacs.

Cousins, I would rather go in a different direction at WR.
Downs is a nice piece but JuJu will probably be our slot. We need a #1 WR in the X position. Too much redundancy
I still would love to have Jeudy from the Broncos. Denver only had five total picks in the Draft.

Looking forward to to-nite.
Swap our #46 and the pick #120 we got from the Steelers along with Kendrick Bourne for Jeudy. That ought to get Sean off dead center and he only has five picks the entire draft.

Then at #76 TE LaPorta

Trade up with AZ who have no 4th Rounders and we have 4-#120.Give them #107 and #135 for the AZ pick of #116 and go get OT Bergeron

A Friday might of Jeudy, Laporta and Bergeron would be spiffy.

On Saturday I see us going for front seven help.

DW Toys
I would love it if that was the result of tonight.

With 4 picks in the fourth and sixth round I think the Pats are in great shape to trade draft capital for veteran like you suggested. I'm still watching on Hopkins, he was rumored to go to Baltimore but with their addition of Zay Flowers I'm not sure they would spend more draft capital on Hopkins. I would love Jeudy, but I think if Jeudy could be had for a second the trade would have already happened.

Love LaPorta at 76, if he's there at 76 he's a steal. I bet he goes in the 50's.

Agreed on front 7 help tomorrow. On offense I like Steen, Freeland, Duncan and Saldiveri. On defense Turner, Ojomo, Brooks, Carter II and Fehoko.

Why would anyone want someone with similar skills to Marcus Jones???
I know Marcus is a CB and speedy pubtvreturnee bit tank Dell is also similar just that he is a wr and alsobfeon same school. Having Marcus makes Dell redundant for pats.

Downs will have a lot of Upsides

I've been busy but was going to post this. They also left last year's draft on the board or used magic marker and can't get it off.

Antoine Green is someone I wanted on my board. 6'1 200 4.47 6.99 4.27 so it could be Downs but Green is worth a look.

I had K White on my Board like 3 days ago.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back