PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots snap count thoughts for game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Patterson has never been the best route runner.

6th Season Breakout Cat quickness??:D Yikes that might not be possible Patterson didn't come in this league last night I think this is it.:(
He is not inherently Randy Moss II however he has never had a Cat like quick QB to work with like he has know and he has never had a coaching staff like this one to teach him.

They got gashed some by a Texans no name backfield they would be very fortune;) if Leonard Fournette don't go on Sunday. Considering our injury situation Injuries great equalizer.
Lamar miller is a no name?
We defend deshaun Watson and Dandre Hopkins different than we defend Blake Bortles and slugs.

Actually it seems that it was to play a big 3 man front and rush in a controlled fashion.
Davis and rivers are very different players.
Davis is a large DE, a guy who could move inside to dt.
Rivers is a small de, a guy who could be an olb.
While they kind of play the same position they have very different strengths and weaknesses within the overall skill set ofthe position.
The point being that Davis playing week 1 doesn’t necessarily mean they believe Davis is a better de but it means for the game plan against the type of offense they have created unique schemes against he was the best fit for the unique one they used.
I do agree with your points. They are certainly not the same player.

I do speculate that they think Davis can do more which is why they the played him over Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST