PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Signing S Jaylinn Hawkins

Round out the roster pre draft for flexibility ... nothing to see here.
More drama from the members who watch reality shows like real housewives.

And just what’s so wrong with wanting to see a STARTING-caliber FS signed before some scrub-****ing-caliber one who can be signed Any Dam Time AFTER the draft is?

This **** here is NOT what this neophyte FO should be spending its ****ing time doing… That’s part of the reason why the man in charge of the previous FO is no longer here.

And just what’s so wrong with wanting to see a STARTING-caliber FS signed before some scrub-****ing-caliber one who can be signed Any Dam Time AFTER the draft is?

This **** here is NOT what this neophyte FO should be spending its ****ing time doing… That’s part of the reason why the man in charge of the previous FO is no longer here.
Next year cannot possibly be a strong year to overtake the Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Chiefs ... we need to build to get there.
Those who want to spend to the cap just to get a 1 year orgasm ... that's messed up ... I want some longevity in our roster.
Sorry ... I am just not into wham bam thank you mam ... shooting a wad just for an instant ... not team building ... selfishness is what is is.

I'm disappointed (though not surprised) that they passed on a young and talented legit FS like McKinney.
I wanted McKinney too, but we don't know if they tried to get him but he didn't want to come here. Who knows.

Still not a single impact signing after entering the offseason with $100M+ in cap space. Cheapest team in the NFL the last decade continues to shop in the bargain bin. Feel bad for Mayo and his staff.

Mayo is a dead man walking; he will get fired. He will get blamed for the Patriots upcoming dismal season, but he is not the reason that this off-season has been so pathetic. He does not have the power to put his foot down and overrule whomever it is (Jonathan Kraft?) making these lame, cheapskate whiffs.

It's tough to sign impact players when none of them want to come to a bottom of the barrel team. It was like this in pre-Brady years. To be clear, I'm not taking a position on whether Kraft is cheap or not. Signs are that he is, but a few years of winning will be required before they can attract big names to a cold weather stadium with crap facilities for players.

Crap facilities means Kraft is cheap. How do you make facilities "not crap"? Spend money to upgrade the facilities..

Next year cannot possibly be a strong year to overtake the Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Chiefs ... we need to build to get there.
Those who want to spend to the cap just to get a 1 year orgasm ... that's messed up ... I want some longevity in our roster.
Sorry ... I am just not into wham bam thank you mam ... shooting a wad just for an instant ... not team building ... selfishness is what is is.

Signing young FAs, McKinney is 25 years old, to three or four year contracts is a 1 year orgasm? Makes no sense.

Crap facilities means Kraft is cheap. How do you make facilities "not crap"? Spend money to upgrade the facilities..
As I said, signs are that he is cheap, but there's no need for me to focus on that when speaking about impact players in free agency, since those players aren't likely keen on joining a losing franchise, despite its history. BB left the team in tatters, and rebuilding through the draft and then winning is the only remedy. We need a QB.

As I said, signs are that he is cheap, but there's no need for me to focus on that when speaking about impact players in free agency, since those players aren't likely keen on joining a losing franchise, despite its history. BB left the team in tatters, and rebuilding through the draft and then winning is the only remedy. We need a QB.
He’s beyond cheap. A billionaire who owns an NFL franchise but can’t provide better gym equipment than a planet fitness is beyond cheap and pathetic.

This is the BB haters excuse now - players aren't likely to join a losing franchise. It is posted over and over on PatsFans to blame BB and excuse RK. Players will go where the most money is - commonly they only get one cantract after rookie deals. Average retirement age in the NFL is 27.6 years old, the guys are not going to pass up $2M extra which is $500k over a 4 year contract. But the Pats are always looking for bargains. We thought it was BB, now we know it is RK.

BB hater? No way, he's the greatest coach of all time. I remember how he turned the franchise around and everything that came after. But Post-Brady it's not been good overall, and he did leave a team with poor talent level on offense. But I disagree with you, all other things being equal a player would choose to join a winner in a warm-weather (if that's their weather preference, some big guys like the cold) stadium with top-notch facilities for players. Obvious exceptions are hometown players. Patriots have to outbid, and they rarely do because Kraft is cheap.

This is the BB haters excuse now - players aren't likely to join a losing franchise. It is posted over and over on PatsFans to blame BB and excuse RK. Players will go where the most money is - commonly they only get one cantract after rookie deals. Average retirement age in the NFL is 27.6 years old, the guys are not going to pass up $2M extra which is $500k over a 4 year contract. But the Pats are always looking for bargains. We thought it was BB, now we know it is RK.
That's just not accurate. Several players have come out saying where they want to play and even where they don't. Is it that surprising for elite players to want the $$ and to play for a contender or at least not with a last place team?

That's just not accurate. Several players have come out saying where they want to play and even where they don't. Is it that surprising for elite players to want the $$ and to play for a contender or at least not with a last place team?
We were told the Calvin Ridley wanted to go back to the Jaguars, and the Pats didn't have a chance. And then he signed with the Titans because they offered the most guaranteed money. The Pats went cheap and lost out on a premier FA WR as always. The Pats have the least cash spent over the last 10 years.

Now we are told that Ridley did not want to sign with the Pats because we are a poor team. You think Ridley signed with the Titans because they were 6 - 11 and the Pats were 4 - 13? LOL. Because of the Titans' stability at QB with Tannehill and Levis? LOL. Hint: Ridley signed for the most guaranteed money. Straight cash, homey.

We used to think that BB was cheap. Now we know it was RK. You are the president of the BB haters club and couldn't help but post the same rubbish that no FAs will sign with a last place team. Well the good news is that when we improve to 6 - 11 next year, RK is going to burn cash, and the Pats will be able to sign FAs since we have 6 wins. LOL. Too funny.

We were told the Calvin Ridley wanted to go back to the Jaguars, and the Pats didn't have a chance. And then he signed with the Titans because they offered the most guaranteed money. The Pats went cheap and lost out on a premier FA WR as always. The Pats have the least cash spent over the last 10 years.
It was rumored the Pats were at 22M apy. That's hardly going cheap. Do you really believe Bill would've offered Ridley 22M? I'm glad they didn't sign Ridley. He's unreliable.

Now we are told that Ridley did not want to sign with the Pats because we are a poor team. You think Ridley signed with the Titans because they were 6 - 11 and the Pats were 4 - 13? LOL. Because of the Titans' stability at QB with Tannehill and Levis? LOL. Hint: Ridley signed for the most guaranteed money. Straight cash, homey.
Ridley signed with a team that offered money but also had Hopkins. Ridley said it himself, that with Hopkins, his potential would show. Who in the Patriots is our Hopkins?

We used to think that BB was cheap. Now we know it was RK. You are the president of the BB haters club and couldn't help but post the same rubbish that no FAs will sign with a last place team. Well the good news is that when we improve to 6 - 11 next year, RK is going to burn cash, and the Pats will be able to sign FAs since we have 6 wins. LOL. Too funny.
We have heard over and over again from Patriots ex-players that when they met with Bill, it was him that went cheap on them.

Do you think Bill would've signed Onwenu for 19M, a 6th rounder? The answer is no. There's your real answer on who was being cheap.

Mayo is a dead man walking; he will get fired. He will get blamed for the Patriots upcoming dismal season, but he is not the reason that this off-season has been so pathetic. He does not have the power to put his foot down and overrule whomever it is (Jonathan Kraft?) making these lame, cheapskate whiffs.
Okay Felgah.

It was rumored the Pats were at 22M apy. That's hardly going cheap. Do you really believe Bill would've offered Ridley 22M? I'm glad they didn't sign Ridley. He's unreliable.

Ridley signed with a team that offered money but also had Hopkins. Ridley said it himself, that with Hopkins, his potential would show. Who in the Patriots is our Hopkins?

We have heard over and over again from Patriots ex-players that when they met with Bill, it was him that went cheap on them.

Do you think Bill would've signed Onwenu for 19M, a 6th rounder? The answer is no. There's your real answer on who was being cheap.

This has been posted repeatedly, but I will repeat it again. RK sets the Pats budget. BB signed the players within the budget set. Yes BB tried to work within the restrictions. BB does not own the Pats. BB does not set the budget. Not tough to understand.

If you want to argue that BB was always signing more mid level players instead of fewer premier FAs, that is a discussion point. BB being cheap, when he did not set the budget, the Pats have the least cash spend over the last 10 years, and the Pats "burning cash" by having $50M left in cap space in 2024, while missing out on ALL top FAs when BB is not here, is absurd. But you will never change no matter what the facts are. You make up hypotheticals like "would BB have signed Onwenu" instead of addressing the facts.

Okay Felgah.

Hey, that is a low blow. I used to be accused of being a Pollyanna, Patriots homer, but now this? So what have the Patriots done to make you optimistic?

As far as Felger, if you check my history, you can see I am the Anti-Felger.

As far as Mayo, how would you like to be in his shoes? No thanks. He inherited a dreadful team that no one want to play for. This dreadful team got worse in the offseason. So far the unprofessional/cheap ownership/GM have been pathetic. Unless there is some sort of miracle during the draft, the upcoming season looks grim. If I was Mayo, I would quit....before he gets blamed for next season and get fired.

I'm disappointed (though not surprised) that they passed on a young and talented legit FS like McKinney.

How did they "Pass on McKinney"? Please explain how you know they chose not to go after him...

I'm really curious since McKinney signed with the Packers during the "Legal Tampering Period".

Are we supposed to be upset that they focused on getting Onwenu re-signed? You do realize that there is only so much time in a day and that other teams make players a priority as well.

I'm sorry. What did the Pats offer for a contract? Funny how you claim they "went cheap" yet were supposedly offering 3/66 for Ridley. That's not going cheap in my book.

Ridley got 4/92 at 50 guaranteed. Did you stop to think that MAYBE Tennessee just flat outbid them and that's it's not "the pats going cheap"? OH.. Wait. I forgot who I was talking to..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back