PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Chris Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of quotes by and about Hogan at the link. All saying the rypes of things BB would love. Can see why he signed him. Possibly my favourite quote considering the difficulties Patriot WRs have in our offense:

“If you’re able to read the defense, you know exactly where you need to be. If the ball’s going to come to you, where the ball’s going to be?”

16 Chris Hogan Quotes To Get You Excited About The Newest Patriots Receiver

Except that #3 WRs in the market that exists /right now/ in the NFL are getting a lot more than 2.5M.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the $10m+ increase in the cap when doing their value calculations.

BRUTAL contract especially when you consider this is pretty much the contract EMMANUEL SANDERS signed. Don't know how Belichick values these guys but I'm expecting Emmanuel Sanders-like production or bust.
Because the market is exactly the same as it was the day Sanders signed his contract, right?

A bunch of quotes by and about Hogan at the link. All saying the rypes of things BB would love. Can see why he signed him. Possibly my favourite quote considering the difficulties Patriot WRs have in our offense:

“If you’re able to read the defense, you know exactly where you need to be. If the ball’s going to come to you, where the ball’s going to be?”

16 Chris Hogan Quotes To Get You Excited About The Newest Patriots Receiver

It all sounds good but I think his 6.75 second 3 cone drill is all that mattered. :)

The problem with this signing is who is the #2 WR? Amendola or Hogan or Martin? I feel like he added a body but IDK if he fits the bill for a #2. Hope so.

We are likely done in the WR market for FA with this move so i hope he can be a #2 cause I don't trust Amendola or Martin to be.
You don't trust Amendola? He did lead the team in receptions last year you know.

I feel he was brought in to replace Lafell. Hopefully he's more athletic and can make a few more plays for us. Sometimes it's that extra play that makes all the difference. Has good size at 6'1 220. Supposed to be pretty strong for a WR as well. Will Hogan win the Jump Balls in the red zone though, how is his back shoulder catch and fade route abilities?

I feel he was brought in to replace Lafell. Hopefully he's more athletic and can make a few more plays for us. Sometimes it's that extra play that makes all the difference. Has good size at 6'1 220. Supposed to be pretty strong for a WR as well. Will Hogan win the Jump Balls in the red zone though, how is his back shoulder catch and fade route abilities?

Has a better bench press than any WR at the combine dating back to 1999.

Maybe they cut Amendola. Then, sign Streater or AnquanB.

Realistically, Dobson should be out the door. 3yrs and been hurt every year (12gms, 4gms, 8gms).

sad news Streater is in the NJ cesspool

I agree we are overpaying him. BUT, let's see what he can do with a great QB. He runs really precise routes, and he has decent size and strength. My only concerns are he had the 4th highest drop percentage in the league, and the dreaded "trying to learn the Pat's playbook". Not saying he's a dummy, but this seems to be an issue for every receiver that comes to the Pats. Learning the playbook and gaining Brady's trust.

Where do you get that he had the 4th highest drop % in the league?

I am not sold on this guy, I never seen him being a playmaker. Anyways we will see what he does in training camp. I still think we are overpaying this guy.
I agree....primarily because I have hardly heard his name brought up much...he is like Keshawn Martin....a second rate prospect....maybe Bill will get something out of the guy but sure seems like we overpaid

That's why you bring in Anquan Boldin. Veteran that can run routes and has hands of crazy glue.

I think a lot of people are ignoring the $10m+ increase in the cap when doing their value calculations.
Right, but JEs salary still sits. Creates awkwardness in internal structure?

I thought 4m/yr was high for Hogan. I mean he averages 450yds/season. Patriots overpaid this guy.

Dunno what BillB was thinking here.

For those who claim BB is smart for not chasing and overpaying players, please explain to me how 4M/yr. to a guy who’s been on 4 different practice squads, and has 1 (ONE) TD reception under his belt, makes sense. PLEASE EXPLAIN. If you ask me, this is Scott Chandler experiment all over again.

Chris Hogan has 6 TD receptions.
Chris Hogan

And he was "on 4 different practice squads" all in one year. His rookie year. That's a player in demand.

Maybe if you work on having the correct facts, you would be able to form an educated opinion instead of a ridiculous one..

Boldin did most of his work out of the slot. He nowaday lacks the speed to be a true threat outside.
If you're going to bring in Boldin....lets just bring back Randy Moss!!!!

So another experiment? Does bill feel that dobson will be a factor? Right now there's no outside threat.

Hogan plays both inside and outside. He split his snaps there with the Bills. Think David Givens, but quicker.

I thought 4m/yr was high for Hogan. I mean he averages 450yds/season. Patriots overpaid this guy.

Dunno what BillB was thinking here.
You should examine the production of the WRs signed for more money than Hogan.

That's why you bring in Anquan Boldin. Veteran that can run routes and has hands of crazy glue.

but can't get open in 2 seconds. no to boldin, unless someone has a time machine.

brandon lafell > boldin

The Pats have adjusted salaries before. They probably will with Edelman as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes